• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlborough Show - 1/28-1/29

Bought a couple lbs of Titegroup @ 18 ea and a couple small items. Line was around building at 10am but was inside in 15 min. Usual assortment of overpriced antiques and imported AR parts. Saw some friends with tables and said hello at the Hopkington booth. OK way to kill the AM. Missed out on the jerky as there was a crowd there and I forgot to go back later.
OK show
Dave

I went to the show today and it was a good time! I've always enjoyed seeing so many toys under one roof. Even picked up a HK45C. I did notice a lot of Nazi items for sale. I'm not talking about collectibles but helmets with sprayed on swastikas. I never noticed this before and why is this at a gun show? Any feedback on why this was there at all?

Since time immemorial Gun Shows have always featured militaria. Back in the day all the stuff was genuine. By the 1970's most of that was gone, now a lot of fakes and replicas.

Sadly too, there is a neo-Nazi undercurrent in this country (has been for decades nothing new, dont blame Trump) and Gun Shows bring out this element, probably because post war shows were a legit way to display Nazi artifacts and memorabilia.

Thank you for the feedback. I don't blame anyone and I'm a huge fan of gun shows. I've been a shooter for twenty years. I was just wondering when this happened as I've never noticed it. Hiding it under the guise of a replica makes sense to me. Thank you!

Since time immemorial Gun Shows have always featured militaria. Back in the day all the stuff was genuine. By the 1970's most of that was gone, now a lot of fakes and replicas.

Sadly too, there is a neo-Nazi undercurrent in this country (has been for decades nothing new, dont blame Trump) and Gun Shows bring out this element, probably because post war shows were a legit way to display Nazi artifacts and memorabilia.

A girl scout troop that wants to plan ahead could rent a table at the 2018 show. If they allow jerky, they would almost certainly allow girl scout cookie sales.

Fun show as always. Stop by the GOAL table in one of the first few aisles on the left side of the room and join or renew your membership, get your raffle tickets. You can also join or renew here, http://www.goal.org/joingoal.html, get your raffle tickets here, http://www.shop.goal.org/product.sc?productId=79. Raffle proceeds help to fund GOAL's important work strengthening civil rights on behalf of all Massachusetts residents.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• GOAL table at Marlborough Show 1-29-17.jpg
    GOAL table at Marlborough Show 1-29-17.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 467
  • GOAL Raffle.jpg
    GOAL Raffle.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 465
Last edited:
Big thanks to the dedicated GOAL Membership volunteers who staffed the table Saturday and Sunday.

Fun show as always. Stop by the GOAL table in one of the first few aisles on the left side of the room and join or renew your membership, get your raffle tickets. You can also join or renew here, http://www.goal.org/joingoal.html, get your raffle tickets here, http://www.shop.goal.org/product.sc?productId=79. Raffle proceeds help to fund GOAL's important work strengthening civil rights on behalf of all Massachusetts residents.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Yes, surprisingly over-crowded. I had to stand in line for a while to get in around 11 AM.So crowded, in fact, that they were parking cars at the adjacent office building parking lot (which itself was pretty damn full). First time I ever saw that.

Inside, in spots you couldn't even move. I should have waited until Sunday.
Nothing to do with the gun show being crowded, they were not letting gun show patrons park at the hotel because of the "First Event" show. They didn't want gun show patrons parking at the hotel.
http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/n...-attend-transgender-conference-in-marlborough
This is what I was told by security anyways...

Last edited:
Been longer for me. I haven't been to a gun show since moving from Tennessee.

Anything worth seeing? Or will I be paying my hard earned cash to peruse a selection of pseudo surplus and jerky?

Good one. P.T Barnum would be proud. Beat up Gen2 G22 trade ins going for $485 that you can get on GB all day long for $320. FFl insisting sales tax must be paid on interstate transfers. Good times, if you like beef jerky and t shirts.

Definitely shorter line than the last time I was here.

We'll see if there is anything worth my time inside

When was the last time you went? January after Newtown????

Before opening, the line went out the door. To the corner of the building. Down the side of the building. Across the parking lot. I left at 11:30 and there was STILL a line to the corner of the building. I was glad at 11 when we were just finishing the last few rows. I can't imagine trying to get in the center near Tombstone and some of the other bigger dealers after 10:30.

I worked hard for this show. I didn't shower the month of January. I buried my jeans in a pile of fresh manure back around Thanksgiving. Pulled them out, duct taped the worst holes and threw them bad-boys on. (You guys need serious help. I'm too busy looking for stuff to notice a faint aroma. You guys also cross your legs if you know someone dropped a deuce in the terlet before you, don't you? LOL)

LOTS of those awful Hi Point carbeenz. Like TONS. Some AR-22's. Nothing I needed in the gun department. Grabbed some gloves and other accoutrements and skeedadddled. Decent show. Saw some good folks. Average Marlboro show for me.

The only time i answer truthfully is when the police officer is asking you.

when the event staff asks you.. you say no,

if the cop that is posted there happens to ask you.. i leave that up to you..

Went for first time in a few years, was surprised to see armed private security instead of cops. Even then just say no and continue on, none of their business. Concealed means concealed.

When was the last time you went? January after Newtown????

Before opening, the line went out the door. To the corner of the building. Down the side of the building. Across the parking lot. I left at 11:30 and there was STILL a line to the corner of the building. I was glad at 11 when we were just finishing the last few rows. I can't imagine trying to get in the center near Tombstone and some of the other bigger dealers after 10:30.

I worked hard for this show. I didn't shower the month of January. I buried my jeans in a pile of fresh manure back around Thanksgiving. Pulled them out, duct taped the worst holes and threw them bad-boys on. (You guys need serious help. I'm too busy looking for stuff to notice a faint aroma. You guys also cross your legs if you know someone dropped a deuce in the terlet before you, don't you? LOL)

LOTS of those awful Hi Point carbeenz. Like TONS. Some AR-22's. Nothing I needed in the gun department. Grabbed some gloves and other accoutrements and skeedadddled. Decent show. Saw some good folks. Average Marlboro show for me.

The show last April had a line at the open 2X to 3X what was there in Saturday if you can believe that! Was before Maura's crap. I guess that everyone showed up later this time around.

Back
Top Bottom