Marlborough gun show with Nazi swastikas and other items.

I went to the show today and it was a good time! I've always enjoyed seeing so many toys under one roof. Even picked up a HK 45C. I did notice a lot of Nazi items for sale. I'm not talking about collectibles but helmets with sprayed on swastikas and other disturbing items. I never noticed this before at any gun show. Any feedback on why this was there at all?

Mostly helmets, pins, knives with Nazi symbols on them. I would understand if they were original from WWII but that wasn't the case.

I went to the show today and it was a good time! I've always enjoyed seeing so many toys under one roof. Even picked up a HK 45C. I did notice a lot of Nazi items for sale. I'm not talking about collectibles but helmets with sprayed on swastikas and other disturbing items. I never noticed this before at any gun show. Any feedback on why this was there at all?
freedom is a bitch and I love that bitch

The things that are disturbing to some people others are not phased by at all. The rebel flag is another good example. If you let a flag or a symbol trigger you you have big issues. There are a lot of people who would find all those scary guns disturbing.

The things that are disturbing to some people others are not phased by at all. The rebel flag is another good example. If you let a flag or a symbol trigger you you have big issues. There are a lot of people who [STRIKE=undefined]would[/STRIKE] find all those scary guns disturbing.

FIFY

Many people believe that owning a gun makes us want to kill people and it is only a matter of time until we do, so they freak out seeing a gun (except when LE has them). Same thing.

Don't go if bothered by people expressing their freedom. Take up knitting or crochet.

I'm Jewish, most of my ancestral Family were killed in the Holocaust. BUT I still respect the rights of others to buy/sell what they like. I ignore the fake stuff and just move on.

FIFY

Many people believe that owning a gun makes us want to kill people and it is only a matter of time until we do, so they freak out seeing a gun (except when LE has them). Same thing.

I'm Jewish, most of my ancestral Family were killed in the Holocaust. BUT I still respect the rights of others to buy/sell what they like. I ignore the fake stuff and just move on.

As you can probably guess I'm Jewish as well. I also respect their right to sell what ever they want and moved on. I appreciate the response Len.

Don't go if bothered by people expressing their freedom. Take up knitting or crochet.

People expressing their freedom has never bothered me. It's the opposite actually. We're lucky enough to live in a country where our rights and freedom ensure that what happened in Nazi Germany will never happen here. I would never take that for granted. I was only looking for feedback on why it was at the show. I now understand why and appreciate all of the feedback. I also appreciate your thoughtful recommendation to take up knitting Fixxah. I"m sure you've enjoyed it for many years or you wouldn't be able to recommend it so highly.

Because people like selling junk at gun shows. Years ago you'd find tables of beanie babies next to swastika helmet tables. 3 years ago.it was cheap chinese flashlights.... but never anyone selling soap or deodorant

Where are the Blues Brothers when you need them

Illinois.

- - - Updated - - -

Because people like selling junk at gun shows. Years ago you'd find tables of beanie babies next to swastika helmet tables. 3 years ago.it was cheap chinese flashlights.... but never anyone selling soap or deodorant

You bring to sell what people want to buy! [rofl]

Classic NES.

OP: "What's with all the Nazi stuff?"

The horde: "WHY DON'T YOU LIKE FREEDOM?!" *insert personal attacks*

Because people like selling junk at gun shows. Years ago you'd find tables of beanie babies next to swastika helmet tables. 3 years ago.it was cheap chinese flashlights.... but never anyone USING soap or deodorant

fify

In spades!

Back ~20 yrs ago when I attended my first Big E gun show in a very long time, I was taken aback by seeing many tables selling tiny glassine envelopes (the only thing I could think of was that they were cutting drugs for sale), tons of fake LE badges (boxes and boxes of them) and other junk.

There was a few legit dealers of WWII memorabilia selling Nazi stuff and I remember talking with some to get an idea of the value of some stuff my late Father liberated at the end of the War (no, I never will sell any of it).

The fake stuff I have no use for but if someone is a legitimate collector and needs to fill a blank space in a collection, I can understand if they buy a fake to fill the space until such time as they are able to land the real thing.

I have no use for the Neo-Nazis, but as someone who believes in the entire Constitution I respect their right to free speech as well.

A friend of mine's father "liberated" a Nazi proofed Radom pistol from a German officer who had no further use for it. My friend is Jewish and that gun is one of his most treasured items. Like you, he'll never sell that gun, it has too much personal meaning for him.

I have no problem with people who collect Nazi memorabilia as part of their WW II collection. I have far more problem with people who revere Nazi ideals.

In spades!

Back ~20 yrs ago when I attended my first Big E gun show in a very long time, I was taken aback by seeing many tables selling tiny glassine envelopes (the only thing I could think of was that they were cutting drugs for sale), tons of fake LE badges (boxes and boxes of them) and other junk.

There was a few legit dealers of WWII memorabilia selling Nazi stuff and I remember talking with some to get an idea of the value of some stuff my late Father liberated at the end of the War (no, I never will sell any of it).

The fake stuff I have no use for but if someone is a legitimate collector and needs to fill a blank space in a collection, I can understand if they buy a fake to fill the space until such time as they are able to land the real thing.

I have no use for the Neo-Nazis, but as someone who believes in the entire Constitution I respect their right to free speech as well.

Don't get the interest in fake shit, but we have a couple real items (1939 clasp to iron cross in it's original box and a uniform patch) that my wife's grandfather brought back from the war. We'll never sell that stuff.

Years ago, I used to work at the venders tables at Knob Creek Machine-gun show. There was a table of neo Nazis there. Being a minority, I just nodded and said hey. Surprisingly, they were polite and returned the nod. Like the Blues Brothers said...even the Illinois Nazis have rights.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We're lucky enough to live in a country where our rights and freedom ensure that what happened in Nazi Germany will never happen here.
I no longer find it hard to believe anything can happen.

20 years ago I would have said "Never, not in the US" if I was asked -

- Will the US ever have secret trials and maintain a second secret docket in federal court?
- Will the US ever have a secret court to issue warrants without any review?
- Will the US gather communications records on every US resident?
- Will the US feel free to tap any call for a foreign destination without warrant?
- Will SCOTUS allow juvenile records to be used against adults?
- Will the US criminalize behavior outside the US?

Last edited:
FIFY

+1

I was there this morning and there was no more Nazi memorabilia fake, replica, authentic or otherwise than usual . Since the OP has been going to gun shows for a long time, I find it surprising that he's only noticing it now. Nothing particularly remarkable about either the quantity or the quality. I did see a lot less anti Hilary stuff though.

When i was in high school, idiots went around with swastikas on book covers and you would see them on walls in bathrooms. Never gave two effs. KKK shit is just as horrible. But to each their own. I have Jewish friends, black relatives, lgbt cousin, lesbian step sister. I wish I knew how to sew and knit, I would fix the pile of work clothes that are ripped. I break the needles just looking at them.

Last edited:
If it didn't sell, they wouldn't be wasting their time selling it. Apparently there is a market for that stuff.

Back
Top Bottom