Marlboro thoughts

I went with a friend this a.m. As noted by others, many dealers apparently went to Concord. The last Marlboro show was much better.
This was my friend's first Gun Show, and he still enjoyed it. Lot's of interesting stuff to see for him. I think it's best to go to these events with friends (vs. my wife); I may spot something that needs to be smuggled home... :)
I saw some Fiocchi 7.62 Nagant ammo, at $29/box! PASS..

Typically Ho-Hum MA gun show.
I wanted to buy some 8mm but the NY guy said it was too much trouble to open a case (only wanted a half case). A solid -1 to these guys for attitude.
Like most, I was dissapointed at the lack of competition for ammo.
The holster guy was missing, so I guess I'll order online.
I had pretty much decided to get a Yugo SKS from Jimmy Squid but he had raised the price to $200 and that just dampened my interest.

On the plus side. Had a nice chat with Milsurps4me and JayG while transfering my Enfield.
Also found that my collection is worth a lot more than I would have thought, if I believed the prices on the guns for sale. [laugh]

We should have some NES stickers so that we could ID each other at the shows. I thought that there was a prevoius thread about this, but can't seem to find it now.

Was thinking of a trip to Marlboro but went 4seasons instead and glad I did, I pick up a lnib ruger gp100 in excellent shape that was not listed on Carls used gun page. Carl made me offer I could not refuse.

kendall-op said:
Was thinking of a trip to Marlboro but went 4seasons instead and glad I did, I pick up a lnib ruger gp100 in excellent shape that was not listed on Carls used gun page. Carl made me offer I could not refuse.

You made the right call.

Just got back from spending Sunday morning there. The show sucked. Attendance reflected the facts that it was:

1. A nice morning;

2. Palm Sunday; and

3. The same weekend as the Concord show.

"The holster guy" WAS there - at least A holster guy was; I got a nylon IWB from my new carry gun. This was the signal achievement of the trip.

My primary purpose was propellant. There was virtually NONE to be had. I saw only 3 tables with ANY; one had only 1 type of Hodgdon, the second had old crap from an estate liquidation ($10 for a pound of Reloader 7 in the old cardboard tube container so old the top was covered with rust), and the 3rd had fresh propellant, but only Bullseye and Unique. I use neither.

I did get a good deal on Federal Champion 22LR ($15/brick; bought them both) and also picked up some 9mm for the new toy.

Never did see the guy in the "tactical kilt" - I was kind of interested in what could make a kilt "tactical."

Scrivener said:
p some 9mm for the new toy.

Never did see the guy in the "tactical kilt" - I was kind of interested in what could make a kilt "tactical."

It was all black. I didn't realize it was tactical until someone mentioned it here. I just thought he was a freakazoid.

Gary

Garys said:
It was all black. I didn't realize it was tactical until someone mentioned it here. I just thought he was a freakazoid.

Gary

You mean he wasn't a freakazoid? [rolleyes]

Certainly looked like one to me!

Yeah even though Marlboro was small it was still a chance to get out and oogle some guns i'll never afford like the G43 sniper models. ::drooool::
Hard to believe some guns these days cost so much money and they're only going up in value.
I'll tell ya, after meeting so many folks i'd really to get involved in the next shoot that consists of NES members. Its always fun to show off firearms that others haven't seen or shot before. And i'd gladly bring boxes of ammo for anyone with some full auto toys.[grin]
I guess the next big thread will be Springfield's June show.

I was underwhelmed by the show. The only bright spot was chatting briefly with C-pher. He gave a couple plastic coated wire pistol racks a new home, as I had put them up for commercial adoption.

I was pleased that the GOAL booth had such a prominent spot, near the entrance, at the front of the hall.

kendall-op said:

You gotta post pics in the Gallery. I love GP100's.

TBP

Cross-X said:
II was pleased that the GOAL booth had such a prominent spot, near the entrance, at the front of the hall.

Did you see my toy? I brought my single-stack SVI for eye candy to help GOAL move more raffle tickets. It was there from opening to about 1 p.m.

Scrivener said:
Did you see my toy? I brought my single-stack SVI for eye candy to help GOAL move more raffle tickets. It was there from opening to about 1 p.m.

DAMN IT!!!!!!!! I met Len at the table a little after 1pm. I missed it too... [angry]

A few observation based on the comments here.

7.62x39 Wolf did go up in price. At my price (the same as the C&R's pay), it went up only $16 from before. That's the shipped price. Looks like the shipping increase covers half of that. $200 per thousand is way overpriced. Anybody coming up for late May and wants some, I'll see what I can do for you. You'll have to pre-pay, though. You'll get a more than fair price.

7.62x38R Nagant Revolver ammo. Coming soon. We've got to cast some bullets, and it'll be lead bullets. Should be well under $20 for 50 rounds. I've made it with jacketed bullets, but, couldn't make it work right in mine.

7.62x54R ammo at $50 is fair, if it was 440 rounds. Century's regular price is $44, and shipping is $7.50 for orders up to $500 (then it's free). Allow a little mark-up, and there you go. When it's on sale, it's a little lower. Same situation as the 7.62x39, if you want some.

I was a bit disappointed by the show, but since I hadn't planned to actually buy anything, I don't imagine that my opinion counts. [smile]

Anyway, it was great to meet Derek, Brent, Typo, C-Pher, Len and Anita. There was the other guy from the GOAL table, but I suddenly had a memory leak..... [thinking]

Anyway, we had a swell time in the bar and I look forward to our next event! [smile]

RJ

Jaxon,

That was Sean Story from GOAL.

Was "Anita" my Wife? If so, her name is actually Deena. [grin]

Great meeting you too. As you found, the folks from NES are a great bunch!

Sorry but when we met I didn't put together the connection that you had been a Constable and LEO or we might have had a more interesting conversation!

BTW, just checking CallerID, I noted a call listed for yesterday that we didn't get from CBS New Poll in WA! Bet it was a Bush bashing poll and I missed it, damn!

Last edited:
LenS said:
Jaxon, That was Sean Story from GOAL.
Yeah, that was it. Thought it was Sean or Shawn.. but wasn't sure.

LenS said:
Was "Anita" my Wife? If so, her name is actually Deena. [grin]
ouch... sorry. Don't know where the "Anita" came from. Right brain/left brain conflict. Knew it was Deena, my ex has a sister with that name, so its painfully engraved. Must be some negative response factor I've built in. [smile]

LenS said:
Great meeting you too. As you found, the folks from NES are a great bunch!
You too! And I had no doubt NES folk were a great bunch. [grin]

LenS said:
Sorry but when we met I didn't put together the connection that you had been a Constable and LEO or we might have had a more interesting conversation!
Now you know, so we can chat up next time.

RJ

Jaxon,

For sure!

Are you going to make the NES shoot up in Westford on 5/20? Do a search here for details as I don't know where the thread is located (it might be in the NES Members only forum).

Marc,

If the guy was wearing a GOAL shirt, it was Sean Story. If it was me, I was wearing a green golf-style shirt with no logo. I dropped by the table from time to time in the morning, but officially wasn't at the table until 1PM, so I was basically cruising the show in the AM.

JonJ said:
I went hoping to maybe find a Ruger Mk I or II at a decent price to train my wife on. All that I saw were about $50 over the normal "shop" prices.

Jon...

I don't know what the normal shop prices are like, but I was checking the FS website this morning, and noticed Carl has 2 used Mk I's at about $175. Their most recent email said how he just got 30 some odd used guns to sell, and those popped up after the email. Hope this helped.

Back
Top Bottom