• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlboro thoughts

SKS Ray

NES Member
Got back from the Marlboro show a little while ago. I gotta say, I don't know if its because I haven't been to a show since early Spring, but there seemed to be a good assortment of guns, ammo, and accesories. I picked up a Gew98 for $200. Its either been rearsenaled, or reworked at some point. I've got pictures up on a Mauser forum and am awaiting replies from the experts.
Lots of usual dealers there and a good number of NES members at the Zero Hour tables. Wish I could have followed Ken (USMA-82) to Pack and Postal, but the crew I went up with had to leave early because of plans this afternoon. Its ok though, my credit card is safer that way.[laugh]
Goodies there consisted of a decent number of AK47s, Saiga rifles (didn't see any Saiga shotguns though), tons of Mosin Nagants (but none as nice as my new laminated M44 [smile] ), the usual amount of M1 Garands and Carbines at the usual prices. More scarce this show were Enfields and semi auto military rifles (with the exception of overpriced Yugo SKS' in cosmo which were sliding around everywhere).
I didn't check out too many handguns and was planning on it, but after I spent the cash on the 98 I kinda passed by most of them. One rare find was one of the .22 cal PPS 50s with a drum magazine.[shocked] These things look very close to a Russian PPSH but have a longer barrel and shoot 22lr. Price wasn't bad either and I almost splurged on it. I may eventually get one just because they look so damn cool.
As for ammo, being a Marlboro show it was here and there with a few tables having decent assortments. Only one of the NY brothers was there and his tables were pretty scarce. I think Steve is the hyper one and he wasn't there. He's usualy tearing open cases and running around like an auctioneer on crack. I don't think his brother who was there is as eager to sell as he is, plus I think he was all alone with no help. Only ammo I got was some Remington 30 Carbine for $14 a box which is fair for a price.
I planned on getting a few slings, maybe a bayonet, some books, jerky, and what ever other odds and ends that are hard to come by but wound up just getting a GOAL shirt and a spare Mini 14 mag plus the rifle and ammo. Still though it was fun checking out all the guns and chatting with other NESrs.

It was great to get back to a show. After a summer of withdrawal, I had my fill for a couple of months today. I didn't get to meet many NES'ers, but was on the lookout for the shirts. Did manage to stop by the Zero Hour table and say hi to Typeo1313. As Milsurps 4 Me mentioned, there appeared to be a lot of Garands for sale. A few tables had some decent prices, but as it was a show, I thought most everything was overpriced. I did manage to snag something I was looking for, though. I'll have to try it out tomorrow at the club.

model649.jpg

I was there this afternoon around 1pm. show did seem busy, but for me it was the usual. Bought a G2 surefire and a box of batteries, good price on both. Prices on pistols seemed kinda high, actually terrible so i thought.

JimB

Anyone see any airguns?

It's a long shot, but did anyone at the show notice any airguns?
I know that it's not the usual gunshow fodder, but I'm trying
to weigh a show trip vs. several rounds of skeet tomorrow
during nap time. [grin]

F

It's a long shot, but did anyone at the show notice any airguns?
I know that it's not the usual gunshow fodder, but I'm trying
to weigh a show trip vs. several rounds of skeet tomorrow
during nap time. [grin]

F

There was at least one or two tables with the airgun guy. I didn't take
a close look at his merch, but I saw a bunch of what looked like CO2 air
pistols, pellets, bbs, and that sort of thing.

-Mike

I had a great time. This year I got to see so many NESers and friends from the MRA. It was probably the most social gun show I've ever been to.

Didn't buy anything, but when I get a chance I'll post a pic of a present you'll all be VERY jealous of. (Thanks BJ!!!!![kiss])

There was at least one or two tables with the airgun guy. I didn't take
a close look at his merch, but I saw a bunch of what looked like CO2 air
pistols, pellets, bbs, and that sort of thing.

-Mike

If it was the guy I'm thinking of (tall and skinny, reminds you of a used car salesman), his specialty is cheap junk. IIRC Firtree was looking for a quality airgun. So, if I'm right in both counts, he's not the guy to buy from.

Last show for me (Labor Day weekend, Concord, NH) a regular gun dealer had one of the better RWS/Diana air rifles in his rack for a decent price.

I wasn't overly impressed with the show...The prices weren't anything spectacular, IMO.

I have to agree with Jen...This was the most social gun show I've ever been to. Great seeing everyone again.

BTW, I made sure to leave with some Poker targets from the cute chicks [smile]

I truly enjoyed the show yesterday. After chatting with Jim Wallace, Executive Director of GOAL, I bought an interesting selection of accessories, including some AR mags, Saber Red OC Spray, two Cambi loaders, one for pistols and the other for my AR, an AR delta ring removal tool, a nifty GI surplus camy Goretex rainsuit, a few surplus .50 cal ammo cans, and some gun cleaning products.

My shooting pals bought a Remington 1100 in nearly new condition for about $300 and a much sought-after three-inch barreled S&W 625 in near mint condition for about $500.

Great show!

Last edited:
If it was the guy I'm thinking of (tall and skinny, reminds you of a used car salesman), his specialty is cheap junk. IIRC Firtree was looking for a quality airgun. So, if I'm right in both counts, he's not the guy to buy from.

Last show for me (Labor Day weekend, Concord, NH) a regular gun dealer had one of the better RWS/Diana air rifles in his rack for a decent price.

Thanks Len, you're right WRT my target.

F

I thought the show was ok, I wasn't blown away by the pricing and I left less than happy because I found a Kahr k40 that I've wanted for a while but alas, no money to spend right now. Drat!

good show

i thought it was a good show. I went looking for a couple of hard to find mags and to see if there were any deals on reloading items. didn't find any, but I did find a ruger 10-22 w/ a krinkov folding stock. makes it look like an ak but shoots 22lr I got the price down a little. overall, I thought the firearm selection was a lot better than last time

garyz

I didn't pay attention to the guy himself.... I just noticed the airguns
and kept on going.

I agree though, that it probably was mostly "kiddy grade" stuff, but you don't
often see a whole ton of "adult" grade airguns floating around.

i thought it was a good show. I went looking for a couple of hard to find mags and to see if there were any deals on reloading items. didn't find any, but I did find a ruger 10-22 w/ a krinkov folding stock. makes it look like an ak but shoots 22lr I got the price down a little. overall, I thought the firearm selection was a lot better than last time

garyz

Ya know, we need pics in the Gallery!

It was a good shoowe buy my standards!

I thought it was one of the better shows I’ve been to in while.

1) The show was almost completely full of vendor tables.
2) The buyers we few enough that there was plenty of space to move about with little very congestion in front of the tables.
3) There were several guns I would have bought had I not opted for a S&W625 from the NES Classifieds.

Respectfully,

jkelly

pics

I just got home from bowling I will try to get some pics up tomorrow
but if you goto
www.krinkerplinker.com they have some pics
the one I bought has a cheap bsa reddot, I took it to the range for a quick function test, I was bummed, I only brought 100 rounds w/ me. the gun was a blast to shoot. w/ the 30 round ramline , I wasn't worried about accuracy yet, just wanted to shoot it as fast as I could

garyz

*** just added pics to the picture forum

Last edited:
The show seemed great to me too! I don't know any of you NES'ers, so I didn't know enough to stop by and say "hi" Next time! We need pins or something.

I didn't like the other 2 show I had been to (the last Marlboro one and the Big E show), but this was a big improvement. Plenty of tables, good variety, pricing was good on some not great on others.

I picked up a slightly used Para 1911 for a great price. Hopefully it will be a shooter!

+1 on the little biscuits at the poker target table!

Well I enjoyed the show.

I worked THE POWDER KEG table all day Sat. I was able to peruse half the show and found exactly what I was looking for (K98 bayonet) and it only cost $30 at Yankee Artifacts table. The nice part was it turned out to be a 1937 prewar blade so my deal was even better.

Back
Top Bottom