• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlboro this weekend!!

Not going , but a quick plug for B&K sales I was at their shop yesterday and they are planning on having five tables at the show. I'm not sure what they are bringing but the store was loaded with interesting stuff...Lugers,Garands,M1 carbines.

Isn't this the biggest show around y'all? That really sucks that that it's just not a good show. The BO thing is universal lol ... I was in shock when I found The Nation's Gun Show here... 1,300 tables. Happens every couple months.

it's been about a year since the last show I went to, about time to see what's out there.

Just left, no bargains really except for a pristine SKS mag that for some reason I looked at, then decided I'd come back for after I wandered around looking at overpriced guns for a while....I think we can all guess how that turned out o_O

2/3 tables.
Yeah, the premier MA show has taken a definite hit on the number of tables. [thinking] Pete's didn't show up (again) and that was a disappointment (one of many). The good news is that I still managed to find everything I went for, including one major score, and I actually enjoyed the fact that there was a little breathing room on the floor. [thumbsup]

Just got back from the show. As others have said very sparsely attended by gun dealers and there wasn’t even that big of a crowd. Scored some 6.5 Creedmoor and a couple of small things. Didn’t see any good gun deals at all. Did run into several NESrs though, which was good .

About the BO, I got lucky, I just kept wandering by what I think was the same guy who must have showered in garlic shampoo this morning to fend off any gun loving vampires he thought he might encounter today.

I guess it being daylight didn't make him feel safe enough.

gun show was solid but very little ammo by the case. i do believe the $12 entry fee hurts the show attendance. something more like $8 would probably bring more business. there was on guy there who turned around when he saw it was $12.

very little bulk ammo (i.e. by the case). as usual family and I walked around for an hour, then picked up a few bags from the lovely couple that sells UniqueCases.com. They will do cash discounts and obviously no shipping costs so can make out quite well. i've been using their rifle bags for past ~5 years and yet to find anything even close in quality.

I picked up a few cartons of primers and some powder from Glen's table.
I've been buying from him for many years because his prices are usually reasonable.
I might do better mail order but he beats the LGS every time.

Also found another nice old Lyman #55 powder measure for 20 bucks. I've got 4 of them now.
My powder charges are always +/- 0.1 gr.:)

The powder measure made the trip worthwhile foe me. I've got way too much stuff anyhow & really don't need to buy more for decades. I've been refining my handloading tools recently, and setting up some die sets in dedicated turrets for the Lee Classic Cast Turret press. The most used ones, like .357 Mag., will get a dedicated powder measure.

Anyways, the gun show is always an interesting morning's distraction.

Jack

UniqueCases.com. They will do cash discounts and obviously no shipping costs so can make out quite well. i've been using their rifle bags for past ~5 years and yet to find anything even close in quality.

They are nice people and easy to work with. I have several case and they work great / hold up well.

Yeah, the premier MA show has taken a definite hit on the number of tables. [thinking] Pete's didn't show up (again) and that was a disappointment (one of many). The good news is that I still managed to find everything I went for, including one major score, and I actually enjoyed the fact that there was a little breathing room on the floor. [thumbsup]
I guess Pete's son was getting married this weekend and there was some big Antique/Militaria show in Pittsburgh. I got a few books, some clothes, overpaid for a box of 38-40. I started on the left at PA Dave's tables. He had (3) 92 FS 32 round mags, I didn't even ask how much, but they were gone when I got back two hours later. My wife would've loved them for her CX Storm. I bought some Archangel Mosin mags, a 10 round mag for my 742 in 308 and (2) 32 round stick mags for my 9mm AR from PA Dave. He had an unfired PSL mag for $70.00, I ain't paying that much. All in all I enjoyed the show.

Last edited:
Went and checked it out, no deals but I did score a pristine SKS mag. Some dude was checking it out I thought for sure he was a buyer but he put it back down, I scooped that bad boy up as soon as he turned his back. Sucker prob thought he'd wander around and come back for it later, oh well you snooze you loose.

Last edited:
Went and checked it out, no deals but I did score a pristine SKS mag. Some dude was checking it out I thought for sure he was a buyer but he put it back down, I scooped that bad boy up as soon as he turned his back. Sucker prob thought he'd wander around and come back for it later, oh well you snooze you loose.

He didn't snooze, just a "lookie lou". The number of people that molest the merch, ask 900 questions, and then don't buy anything, at gun shows is astronomical.

ETA: lol, just figured out you were shitposting. [laugh]

-Mike

Last edited:
gun show was solid but very little ammo by the case. i do believe the $12 entry fee hurts the show attendance. something more like $8 would probably bring more business. there was on guy there who turned around when he saw it was $12.

If the show was actually full of vendors 10 bucks is reasonable but 12 at the current state of affairs is just laughable. The promoters aee their own worst enemy and the vendors grow sick of their bullshit, hence the lower table fill rate ....

It is a vicious circle. The less people show up, the less the vendors make and then they drop out... which causes even less people to show and more venders to drop out.
Soon Massachusetts Gun Shows will be gone...

Well, I toyed with the idea of going. At one point there might have been 4 of us, including a tag-along with zero interest. But $12 is just stupid. Not going.

Back
Top Bottom