• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlboro show

Sorry if this is a really stupid question, but this will be my first gun show. I plan on brining my SKS that I have for sale in the classified section, and was wondering is it ok for people to carry rifles slung on their shoulders? If so do I have to have a trigger lock on it? Or do I have to keep it in a case? thanks a bunch.

They will zip-tie the action when you get there. You will then be able to walk around with it on your shoulder.

Well, MGL requires ALL long guns to be cased on a public way. The $64K question is, is the roadway from the hotel next door (where most of the parking is) to the convention center a "public way"? I don't know but if you guess wrong and carry without a case you are risking arrest and lose of gun rights forever.

I've seen people wandering around with rifles slung over their shoulders, with a flag sticking out of the muzzle saying "For Sale" before...

Well, MGL requires ALL long guns to be cased on a public way. The $64K question is, is the roadway from the hotel next door (where most of the parking is) to the convention center a "public way"? I don't know but if you guess wrong and carry without a case you are risking arrest and lose of gun rights forever.

I was referring to inside the show which was the question. And as Ross said there are uncased guns all over the place inside... [rolleyes]

Inside uncased is SOP and no problem.

Possible problem I raised is "how do you get there legally with uncased gun".

Big E parking lot surrounds buildings on private land, thus it's not an issue.

Marlboro "may" be an issue unless the roadway is NOT a public way, since there is very little parking surrounding that particular building and a stream between that building and the hotel (forcing you to go out to the roadway to get across it).

Cheap solution - throw a gun sack on it: $4.97 at Wal-Mart. My understanding is that this meets the requirement of "cased" - nothing says it has to be "locked" while you're carrying it. I believe this is the same solution recommended for the "hunter-in-the-woods" scenario where a guy comes out to the road after hunting, but his vehicle is a 1/2 mile away. Just bring a gun sack with you so you can walk along the road.

After you sell your gun at the show, you have the sack to put a new one in!

When you buy a gun at the show. They give you a plastic garbage bag at the door when you leave. They say that it's to put your long gun it to get to your car without breaking laws. If I'm not mistaken, it's a Marlboro cop that's at the door when are coming in and out...

And before Scriv yells at me for saying it's a cop, and how many of them know the law... I'm just saying what they say. I'm not saying that's it 100% legal.

But it seems to satisify eveyone that's around the show.

How bad is the line at the opening and how well does it move along? I'm kind of getting used to long lift lines lately, but my show needs are kind of small -- mainly reloading components. If the line wait is usually bad, I'm thinking of heading over a little later, in which case, when does the crowd in line start to thin?

How bad is the line at the opening and how well does it move along? I'm kind of getting used to long lift lines lately, but my show needs are kind of small -- mainly reloading components. If the line wait is usually bad, I'm thinking of heading over a little later, in which case, when does the crowd in line start to thin?

There is usually a line about an hour before it opens..I would say show up around 10-1030 if you want to walk right in.

I'll be working the USPSA table at the show (righ next to the Hopkinton Sportsmens table). We won't have any guns for sale, but wil have loads of "drool stuff" including a few Infinity handguns and at least one JP CTR-02 AR15 style rifle.

I wasn't going to go because I wrecked one of my cars, but now think I want to go so I can dispose & sell/trade some things.

I hate selling to dealers because usually they only pay 15 to 20% of actual value, which sucks.

Anyone have reccomendations of particular buyers there that pay decent or work out fair trades.

Seeing as this has turned into gun show eduction/etiquette I have a question. I know you can carry a handgun into the show but it must be disclosed at the door and NOT loaded.

My question is in regards to buying holsters. Is it inappropriate to brandish your carry gun (everyone should be aware it is unloaded as that is the rules) to check on holster fit? Or is this seen as normal/SOP?

Last time there were a few guys that have a lot of used holsters and sometimes it is impossible to tell what fits what without trying it.

Thanks.
-Derek

No it is not inappropriate. Your gun (if you actually tell them you have one) will be zip tied through the action/barrel. Just use regular muzzle control and no one will care.

There's another issue for me besides the line

It is SO crowded during the morning you can't get close to the tables. I usually wait for it to thin out after noon

Hi
The MARLBORO Show IN MA. Is On The 27&28 Day Of This Month.
181 BOSTON POST ROAD WEST, YOU CAN CALL FOR DIRECTIONS

508 460 0700

Last edited:
Was thinking about going there but don't really have the time this weekend. If the ammo prices were real good, I might make the time. If there is a kind soul who went and noticed the prices of 5.56mm or 9mm please post them.[smile]

Back
Top Bottom