• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlboro Show - Jan 24 & 25

Sat. Jan. 24 & Sun. Jan. 25, 2015
BEST WESTERN Royal Plaza Trade Center
181 BOSTON Post Rd West (US Route 20), Marlboro, MA

Looks like it is going to be a snow show. If you can brave it we invite you to visit our tables. We offer a large selection of gun cleaning tools and supplies from manufacturers like Otis Technology, J. Dewey Manufacturing, Tipton, Wheeler, Hoppe's, BreakFree, Birchwood Casey, and more. Just look for our banner.

Many of the Otis Cleaning systems will be marked down 20%.

2 for 1 sale on products from Hoppe's Elite, M-Pro 7, and others.

For information and directions to the show please visit our Gun Shows Page.

We hope to see you there!

Last edited:
The first show I went to was about 5 years ago. Arrived an hour before it opened and the line was a mile long. Came back at Noon and walked right in. I'm sure all the "good" stuff was gone, but I wouldn't know what I missed, since I wasn't there.

Every year after, I go around Noon and have never waited in line.

historically, how are the lines at this show? when is the best time to arrive?
That's the big question. [grin] Arrive too early and all you do is wait outside in the cold (and probably sloppy snow this time). Arrive too late and all the most desirable finds and best deals are gone. With painful bad hips, waiting in line for very long spoils the whole day for me, so I try to arrive right around 11 AM at both Marlboro and Wilmington. Didn't work for me at Sturbridge (smaller venue, crazy large crowd) so I'll have to think real hard about whether to even bother going there again.

With a bad cold just wrapping up, I'll have to skip Saturday this time and go on Sunday instead... so very likely I'll be returning home empty handed. [thinking]

Last Marlborough show there were already people in line at 7am. Supposedly the snow wont be starting till 11:00 depending on which weather muppet you listen too. I was looking forward to this one but I got the damn flu so I wont be making it.

There is a fairly large flu epidemic going around Worcester County. I am going to take a pass on Marlboro and also the Worcester Auto Show. The flu strain going around wasn't in this year's flu shot so even with the shot you are not protected.

That's the big question. [grin] . Arrive too late and all the most desirable finds and best deals are gone.

The best deals are wrapped up before the doors are even open.

You think all the dealers just sit around waiting for the rubes to stream in at 9 ?

Nein!!!

They are buying up the deals and then marking them up for their tables.

Unfortunate fact.[thinking]

Hope you feel better....I was looking forward to the show too but am home sick too. SO I guess its NES all afternoon for me maybe pull out a few things from the safe to look at! Get well my friend!

Roads are pretty messy right now. Passed a multi car accident on 128 north near route 2. Be careful if you go out

I'm debating on driving up this morning in over an hour of shitty weather or waiting till tomorrow morning.
Roads are pretty messy right now. Passed a multi car accident on 128 north near route 2. Be careful if you go out
im in the same predicament is it worth driving from Swansea?
Between the crappy weather (crazy winter mix all day) and the last lingering effects of a miserable cold, staying home today sounds really good to me.

Hmm, it's supposed to start snowing around now and we already have close to the entire predicted snowfall amount.

I might just have to wait until tomorrow myself but on the other hand, it seems like the perfect time to go.

Decisions, decisions....

West of Wormtown: 4+ inches of snow now. If any one sees magazines (4-5 rounds) for a Saiga 410 at the show please post the prices. If they are any I may go later today if the snow stops or tomorrow. Thanks.

On the way shortly, meeting friends there. There's not much snow. Not planning to shelter in place.

A show is a lot of work for a dealer--packing up merchandise, transporting to the show, lugging it in and setting up, spending the weekend there (perhaps staying in a hotel), then after the show packing up again, transporting merchandise back home, lugging it in and unpacking. Whew. Yes, most of them do it as a business, but it's also a service to us and it's nice to support them.

How many countries can you live in and attend a gun show open to the public? "Civil rights are muscles that get stronger with exercise."

The early bird gets the best selection of loopholes.

Last edited:
Traffic reports saying 40mph on the pike so that means 495 will probably be a crawl as well.

Myself I don't mind driving in it at all. I just don't have the patience to deal with the people who can't.

This is my sentiment as well. It's almost an hour drive without paranoid idiots who are scared of snow.

What are the chances vendors don't go? I'd hate to drive there to find a half empty venue.

This is my sentiment as well. It's almost an hour drive without paranoid idiots who are scared of snow.

What are the chances vendors don't go? I'd hate to drive there to find a half empty venue.

Vendors set up Friday evening. I'm sure they are there.

Anyway, looks like tomorrow will be the busier day

on the fence here. May go later in the day or sunday. If anyone sees a decent 12Ga O/U for skeet let me know. May even send you a finders gift*. Happy hunting.

*gift may or may not have any actual value.

Thought about it but an hr ride on a normal day means1 1/2-2hr with snow and idiots and I think Ican wait till tomorrow for beef jerky and another set of earplugs. Always go hopeful but only expect jerky, cheep gun cases, and look for the guy with forceps and cleaning brushes.
Dave

Tomorrow will be totally mobbed. All of you who decided not to go because of the snow, will be joining the regular Sunday crowd.

Thats why I have been saving water and not showering till Sun night. Will create my own space envelope free of the crowd so I can enjoy the show without being pushed.

Don't forget to eat plenty of chili and boiled cabbage with baked beans. If you're just not showering, you're going about it half-assed. DO IT RIGHT.[wink]

Greg

Don't forget to eat plenty of chili and boiled cabbage with baked beans. If you're just not showering, you're going about it half-assed. DO IT RIGHT.[wink]

Greg
Thats for supper later tonight. Lunch right now is wieners all the way with slaw.
I'll wear my NES zombie response team shirt as a warning sign for my friends here.

Back
Top Bottom