• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlboro Sept 26th & 27th

Anyone notice if there were any ruger precision rifles in 308? I'll be headed there in the morning.

I got there first thing. I immediately scored a brick of CCI 22LF Std Velocity for $35. Several vendors had good old reloading stuff obviously freshly pulled from some deceased guy's basement. Scored a number of great finds. Primers could be had for less than $25 a brick, although there still were some dreamers at $45.

Right when I'm ready to give up on these, I carried a cardboard box out of the place that was so heavy my ride had to come and pick me up.

Where was the CCI SV, and do they have enough to last until tomorrow?

I was there from about 11:30 to 1pm today. Pretty good crowd but no line... plenty of ammo. There was some M855 in the 420 rd cans for about $190, last year they were well north of $200. The .55 grain 5.56 was around .42 a round. I did get a kick out of the guy selling used Colt 1911 mags for $40 each... especially since I just bought a couple of new Wilson Combat 8rd mags for a lot less than that. Anyway, I like going to shows... bought a few raffle tickets at the GOAL booth and of course some beef jerky.

Last edited:
Agree. Looking for Tavors... didn't see anything. Did see a Alaskan in 454, more expensive than Cabalas. Really?
The beef jerky was glistening... oh my god wouldn't fee it to the dog. Thought the safes were pretty interesting, it's time to upgrade the safe... ha!

Fun show as always. Got there at 12:30, parking lots pretty full but no line at admission. Hall looks to have been recarpeted, attractive and keeps noise down. Lots to see and handle. Bought ear plugs from Insta-Mold Custom Ears, molded to the ear, $75/pair. Bought a nice Model of 1917 bayonet at a fair price, some other items. Looked at a 1903 Springfield, didn't pull the trigger but might contact the dealer later. Good running into a number of vendor friends and shooting buds. GOAL had a table, as did DCJIS (friendly enough). Next show is Wilmington on Nov. 14 and 15, have it on the calendar.

Went to the show hoping to buy a M&P9 long slide ported C.O.R.E.
I thought that just about everything from S&W was available to the peons in MA.
Wrong again [crying]

Jack

I got there a little after 2:30, no line, although people said it had been busy earlier. I stopped at the GOAL table and renewed my lapsed membership for another 5 years. I came across a guy selling a NIB Archangel Mosin Nagant stock for $120.00, grabbed that up. I was looking for PSL mags, no luck. Talked to Chris, the guy who rebuilds pre-ban mags. He's a really nice guy and does great work, I have a boatload of his mags. I was looking for .22 LR too. I'm sick of waiting for a sale here or there with a limited quantity, I really don't have the time for that crap. I'm still kicking myself in the ass for not buying more @ Cabela's back in 2012 when they were 4.5 ¢ a round for 5,000 in a steel ammo can. A weekend Appleseed Shoot with myself, daughter, son-in-law and nephew eats through over 2,000 rounds. Chris, the NY ammo guy was selling RAUG .22LR in bricks of 500 for 12 ¢ a round. I went back to him at 4:50 and he let me have a case of 5,000 for 11 ¢ a round. He wasn't going to let me have that many but he changed his mind [smile]. Maybe because we have a good history. I know he can be a little short with the tire kickers, but he's really a good guy. If I can ever get back to the range I'll see how this RAUG ammo goes. I looked it up when I got back to work, generally positive reviews. See you in Wilmington, the only show I go both days, 30 minutes from work & 20 minutes from home. The way a gun show should be.

Taking a pass this year. There's another show in Plymouth each year and it's all the exact same dealers with the same stuff. So I go to that one since it's closer for me.

I wouldn't bet on it. The last Plymouth show was one of the worst ones I've seen. Most vendors said they were done with it because of the drive and low attendance.

I got there first thing. I immediately scored a brick of CCI 22LF Std Velocity for $35. Several vendors had good old reloading stuff obviously freshly pulled from some deceased guy's basement. Scored a number of great finds. Primers could be had for less than $25 a brick, although there still were some dreamers at $45.

Right when I'm ready to give up on these, I carried a cardboard box out of the place that was so heavy my ride had to come and pick me up.

I ws the guy standing next to you when you said I'll take it at $35. Did get a nice set of 45 ACP carbide dies for $15. No bargins that I saw in the c&r category. Would rate the show a C+

Not a bad show at all. Pretty much standard for Marlboro... and yes, the carpet really keeps the noise level down and it's much easier on my achy old hips. No major scores to report but I made a bunch of minor ones (and they were really my main goals). I noticed a couple regular vendors missing. Still, it didn't seem to matter. Most of the best vendors were still there. I may go back again today for a more relaxed look around.

I think I got a good deal. Bought a Mossberg 12ga 18.5inch. When I picked it up to look at it, I thought it was brand new. Not a scratch or wear anywhere on it. Seller said it was a trade in and that the guy never fired it. Seller was asking $269. I offered $220 cash. Got it home and looked up the serial number (R846XXX) and it came back as manufactured in 2006.
Does the serial number and date of manufacture correlate?
IMG_1218.jpg IMG_1217.jpg IMG_1216.jpg IMG_1219.jpg IMG_1220.jpg

Went to the Marlboro show for the first time in 4-5 years yesterday, showed up around 2:30 with a friend and it really wasn't too crowded and easily got through the ticket line. Seemed like there were more vendors than there were 4 years ago and a few new vendors as well that weren't there before and/or didn't attend the W. Springfield shows I've been more accustomed to.

Finally got around to joining GOAL, been intending on it for a good while. Good guys!
For the most part, ammo prices were so/so but average for the time being, but of course there were several sky high prices on partial boxes on 20+ old ammo or on .22LR, I see better prices at my LGS. For being a newcomer to reloading, I was seeing CCI Small Pistol #500 primers at reasonable prices less than Cabela's, and the majority of powder's didn't seem too out of line. Almost left with a Lee carbide .38 Special die set.

Went yesterday and really enjoyed it. Great opportunity to look at lots of revolvers and rifles in one place--no one gun store in this area has inventory this deep. Spent time with Georgia Optics--how often do you get to play with Flir thermal sights?? While still way too expensive for me, it was still fun to learn exactly how they work. Eleven bucks well spent!

Not bad. Very uncrowded and easy to move around. There were some ammo deals if you looked hard. Most of the usual vendors and wares. I also did NOT encounter any BO - a first.

Got there pretty early on SAT morning. Stood in line for a bit. Some ok deals but enjoyed looking at eveything and registering prices to memeory. Got a fantastic deal on CFE Pistol and CFE 223 powder. Scored 16 of each in 1 pounders for $20 per.

I wouldn't bet on it. The last Plymouth show was one of the worst ones I've seen. Most vendors said they were done with it because of the drive and low attendance.

This.... Plymouth makes West Springfield look like a really good show.

-Mike

Went Saturday afternoon just to browse and ended up with this. image.jpg
I've been looking for a parts kit but this will do. Now the long wait for my form 4 approval

Back
Top Bottom