Marlboro: January 26 & 27

Seems the time is coming....no thread....

I’ll go there; The Marlboro show is January 26th and 27th.

Attachments

• 12B6F731-3610-4DED-8905-1F2E0C676855.jpeg
    12B6F731-3610-4DED-8905-1F2E0C676855.jpeg
    161.4 KB · Views: 139
LOL...OP is 4 days old, only reply is standard NES Gun Show response (LMAO) and nothing but crickets since...

Yah...I would expect plenty of close in parking at the hotel that weekend... Sad but predictable these days (as far as GS's go in MA...)

Yesterday my wife just asked me if I still wanted my $1 off flyer card that came in the mail last week...

FFS... I told her to not toss it "just in case"...

I am probably in official denial at this point...

tcarter01 - had about the same response last time - I 1/2 contemplated not even posting...

I’ll be going...gets me and my old man out of the house for a while

Definitely going. If only to hit Linguine's after. My LTC is in limbo ("expired" 15 days ago and still waiting on MA to issue the new one) and my C&R is going to expire on the 31st. (I don't see the ATF rushing through that application either.)

I may have to be satisfied with my current collection for a few weeks. The travesty!

My son and I are going, we have both bought something every year and show we go to.
Say what you will about how all the shows suck and blah blah blah, the shows suck because the very people the shows are intended for are instead sitting behind their computers bitching and whining.
These shows, to survive, need the gun enthusiasts to keep them alive, the more people that stay away because they "heard" all the shows suck will ultimately be the demise of these shows.
Small, stinky, not the stuff I want, oh well, I'll still give my lone support in hopes they keep on going on for years to come, if they go away, you all will bitch there are not enough shows.

Have not bathed from date of first post. Will be 20 days when I go Sunday. Whatever table I stop at I will be the only one there!

That may just backfire if the other non-bathers home in on your scent and their pack instinct takes over.

If you find yourself surrounded by the sweet aromas of unwashed feet, sloppily wiped backsides and breath that's justifiable grounds for a divorce, then revel in the knowledge that you are their leader. Act accordingly.

These shows, to survive, need the gun enthusiasts to keep them alive, the more people that stay away because they "heard" all the shows suck will ultimately be the demise of these shows.
That's true, of course. But I, for one, like the wider aisles and smaller crowds. I've had more success at the shows when there are smaller crowds. My best show ever was very poorly attended. [thumbsup]

On the other hand, fewer vendors is not a good thing. I miss many of the ones who have dropped out or been forced out. Some of my best scores came with vendors who no longer show up. [thinking]

So I have mixed feelings about show attendance. But I will be there regardless. You can't win if you don't play. [dance]

Looks like a good crowd already. The line has been moving for a good ten minutes and it's still across the front of the building to the parking lot.

How long does it take to walk around this show, a normal looking at things pace? Wife wants to go in the morning.

How long does it take to walk around this show, a normal looking at things pace? Wife wants to go in the morning.
Can probably do it in a half hour to an hour depending upon how long you browse at stuff and how many tables you stop at. It’s worth the trip IMO. If nothing else but to window shop. I usually end up finding SOMETHING that I was looking for.

I was in there for about an hour and a half, checking out every table, stopping at three to talk and two to buy, so for me it took a little over an hour of browsing time and I walk slow.

The only reason I ever went to the Marlboro show was to see Al Longsworth, knife maker, who was always near the front not too far from the bathrooms. Other than that, I don't waste my time even looking around. The bargains are gone before you get there you get there - all the dealers beat you too it.
Sometimes it is cool to see some one have their display out to maintain their C&R license. I don't need or want anything gun related anymore. May be I am not the norm because I have too many other hobbies that I rotate through. The people who run the show are annoying as well because they want you to sign up for the raffle so they can get you on their mailing list to send you more notices about when their next show is going to be. Don't buy any of the supposed "pre-ban" mags either because more often than not they are post ban and folks from out of state don't know or care. My three cents. YMMV.

Went this morning. I was underwhelmed. But I was not expecting much to begin with. Guy with the Winchesters that no one can afford was there. Someone was selling "Zombie Bats" (baseball bats with barbed wire wrapped around them). Gun prices were what you would expect with no bargains that I saw. Lots of bags, kydex holsters. Non firearm related items like crystals and jewelry. Next will be soaps and scented candles.
Most interesting was someone selling TSA confiscated items. I picked up a nice Leatherman Wave for $30 with sheath. And the guy had me pick out something free from some others items so I came away with a pair of Stanley Vise-grips. Grabbed some jerky and left.

Last edited:
Went this morning. I was underwhelmed. But I was not expecting much to begin with. Guy with the Winchesters that no one can afford was there. Someone was selling "Zombie Bats" (baseball bats with barbed wire wrapped around them). The moulded ear plug guy was not there. Gun prices were what you would expect with no bargains that I saw. Lots of bags, kydex holsters. Non firearm related items like crystals and jewelry. Next will be soaps and scented candles.
Most interesting was someone selling TSA confiscated items. I picked up a nice Leatherman Wave for $30 with sheath. And the guy had me pick out something free from some others items so I came away with a pair of Stanley Vise-grips. Grabbed some jerky and left.

Saw a guy doing molded earplugs..... not far from the jerky

Back
Top Bottom