• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlboro: January 26 & 27

Went today, no deals but had a good time with my son.Havnt been in a few years and now I remember why. Listened to a guy and vendor chatting about a cheap mag when 3 other guys next to him were interested in buying guns but the vendor was to busy for 15 minutes dealing with a 10 dollar mag. Oh the humanity!!

Went expecting nothing and was happily surprised-- it was a lot of fun. My son picked up a Mossberg Shotgun at a really good price and I grabbed a new range knife. Dealers we interacted with were extremely friendly and attentive. The crowd was pretty heavy but things moved along. I really enjoyed it and will be back. Good time was had by all.

Non firearm related items like crystals and jewelry. Next will be soaps and scented candles.

I picked up a nice Leatherman Wave for $30 with sheath. And the guy had me pick out something free from some others items . . .

So you got the Leatherman for $42?

Sorry couldn't resist :)

Good one about the candles!

I worked the show for the first time (another bucket list box checked). I was helping a friend out who had a health issue with a family member, so I took his usual spot. It was weird being on the other side of the tables for a change. I actually had a good time talking to people and selling guns. For the most part, patrons were polite and friendly, and we ended up selling a lot of guns. Two other guys are helping out tomorrow, so I may be one and done. I would do it again, though.

Got there about noon, left at 2:30 the 'crowd' was very light-prices 'gun'show high

The only compelling reason to go would be to grab 9mm 115gr hardball from the great people at Shooting Supply for .16 a pop (aluminum)-then again after the entry fee it really isn't .16 anymore is it?

Guess when you come right down to it I wasted a beautiful day and got coughed/sneezed on for a couple of hours-did get to see an awful awful lot of knifes though AND not a single smelly person.

Place sucked today. I don’t know someone ripped ass or open a can of ballistol. Disappointed that I walked out with nothing.

They had a German p226 in nm condition but someone changed out the rear sight. Only $750 with a high cap.

Got there about noon, left at 2:30 the 'crowd' was very light-prices 'gun'show high

The only compelling reason to go would be to grab 9mm 115gr hardball from the great people at Shooting Supply for .16 a pop (aluminum)-then again after the entry fee it really isn't .16 anymore is it?

Guess when you come right down to it I wasted a beautiful day and got coughed/sneezed on for a couple of hours-did get to see an awful awful lot of knifes though AND not a single smelly person.
You should try target sports for ammo great prices and delivered to your door.

When I was much younger I used to volunteer to man the GOAL booth at the Topsfield Fair for scheduled times.
It was important because a lot of folks who said they would; never showed up. Without bodies, the message won't go out...

Might need to start up again...
I volunteered this year and I’m not young by any means

So here's.a question.

I bought four M57 Tokarev magazines from the magazine vendor that's an the left side of the hall. They're at every Mass show I've been to.

One won't even insert into the mag well or load more than four rounds, one won't latch at all and another will latch but only if I slam it harder than I'd like to. These are used aftermarket mags not milspec surplus.

Is there any chance of getting a refund? Is it worth paying the fee again to get in and even try? They were their only ones so a swap is out. It's not like I have a receipt or anything but I do have their card which has their email address on it.

When I was much younger I used to volunteer to man the GOAL booth at the Topsfield Fair for scheduled times.
It was important because a lot of folks who said they would; never showed up. Without bodies, the message won't go out...

Might need to start up again...
GOAL was there. Signed my buddy up for a membership and I got a chance to donate my money to the raffle

I did see a few M1's for sale - its odd but the shows I have stopped at while going to see the in-laws down South (starting in PA) just don't have the amount of junk, for me, as the spectacles up here which really are not worth more than a 20 mile drive.

It was good to finally see someone selling quality flashlights, the fellow selling Olight was nice and had quite a selection but I am a Fenix guy.

The promoters of these must stand at the door and laugh themselves silly.

Back
Top Bottom