• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlboro Jan 28 & 29- 500 TABLES!

2 Questions:

Do they have anything cool that I couldn't find anywhere for reasonable prices?

Will I stand out for not wearing overalls or some sort of camouflage article of clothing?

You are thinking of the show in Concord NH that draws all the inbred welfare hillbillies from northern Maine and NH :)

Usually have a bunch of cool knives at Marlboro show.

Well, I see lots of NES member interest in this show, which I think is both good and bad from my perspective. [laugh]

For better or worse, I do need to go to this show, so I'm hoping for a short line and a small crowd. [cheers]

This won't be a typical show for me. There are specific things I need to get or at least research. Not looking for a big score... just little scores. [dance]

500 tables and 5 of them actually sell guns. Here in Massachusetts gun shows, if that's what you want to call them have gone downhill. Things have gotten so bad that even if they offered free admission and a parking space right by the front door, I still wouldn't go. Anything they sell there I could get cheaper at my local gun shop. Why anyone still goes to these shows is a complete mystery to me.

There has to be better shows in NH than the ones put on by this person.

Honestly, they really are terrible... add in the entrance fee and it's not a good deal. If the tickets were cheaper, then it would make sense to go pick up small parts and save on shipping.
Reloading stuff used to be ok to, because you could eliminate the hazmat.

What made it worthwhile for me that last time was saving going well out of my way or shipping things to get things engraved.

If you just want to kill an hour, then sure go ahead, but think of your ticket as admission to the stinky show, and not a ticket to major discounts.
Many years ago I would get small items at the shows and perhaps even save a buck or two over mail-order. That went away probably about the time the Big Zero got elected as president. My Wife and I would work the GOAL table for years at the Marlboro and Foxboro shows and sign up members, but that was years ago now. I would run into NES'rs and chat with them and some vendors I know.

The last Patti show in Concord we went to, I spent time chatting with Atty. Evan Nappen just outside the show about how obscene the prices were. When I went into the show, the prices were so obscene that I merely walked each aisle and out the door. And this was probably 6 yrs ago.
Lol 500 tables. There is that mag guy that makes the big circle of tables. That must be 20 right there. Can we count the table and class action our entrance fee back? 200 at best.
The last Springfield show I attended was many years ago and I think it was still advertised as either 600 or 900 tables. I did a quick count and came up with 200-250 max. Ridiculous.
Which table has the GUN SHOW LOOPHOLE (tm) that I hear about so much on National Pravda Radio?
We did an active recruitment for members of Mansfield F&G at two Foxboro shows, so I made up a "gun show loophole" of rope and hung it from our sign. :D

What's the current state of C&R in MA? As an out of state C&R holder, without a MA non-res LTC, can I buy and take with me an eligible firearm? I thought I heard about some changes in this in MA but I haven't been following it.

The problem with a class action suit is that if you win all you'll get is one 50% off coupon for the next show.

Lol 500 tables. There is that mag guy that makes the big circle of tables. That must be 20 right there. Can we count the table and class action our entrance fee back? 200 at best.

Well, I see lots of NES member interest in this show, which I think is both good and bad from my perspective. [laugh]

For better or worse, I do need to go to this show, so I'm hoping for a short line and a small crowd. [cheers]

This won't be a typical show for me. There are specific things I need to get or at least research. Not looking for a big score... just little scores. [dance]

If it was like $5 I would go just to look at the knives.. Just don't forget to add the admission fee and gas costs into your final purchase price versus buying online or the Mill :) I think one time I ended up paying like $20 for a 3 pack of brushes including admission, but not including the gas lol

You just need to decide if it is worth the time, drive and admission versus buying on the internet. If it was like $5 I would go just to look at the knives.. Just don't forget to add the admission fee and gas costs into your final purchase price versus buying online or the Mill :)
It's not a price thing. It's a "see it in person and decide if it's what you really want" thing. [thumbsup] Truth is that I may end up ordering online anyway once I get back home. My phone will instantly tell me if the show prices are decent or bad. The Mill is great, but the things I'll be looking for this time around are not best found at the Mill.

It's not a price thing. It's a "see it in person and decide if it's what you really want" thing. [thumbsup] Truth is that I may end up ordering online anyway once I get back home. My phone will instantly tell me if the show prices are decent or bad. The Mill is great, but the things I'll be looking for this time are not best found at the Mill.

Gotcha :)

There will be a bottle of hot sauce and stale chips at about 495 of the tables. The other 5 tables will have overpriced miscellaneous items.

What's the current state of C&R in MA? As an out of state C&R holder, without a MA non-res LTC, can I buy and take with me an eligible firearm? I thought I heard about some changes in this in MA but I haven't been following it.
Possession would be illegal in MA. I also doubt that any/many FFLs in MA would sell to a NR C&R FFL (federally legal).

I’ve never been, but from the descriptions on here I’m tempted to go just for the people watching, and I would like to get some information on replacement windows, solar power, and pickup some beef jerky.

Back
Top Bottom