• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlboro Jan 28 & 29- 500 TABLES!

I’ve never been, but from the descriptions on here I’m tempted to go just for the people watching, and I would like to get some information on replacement windows, solar power, and pickup some beef jerky.

If you have never been, just go.. a lot of us have been going to these shows for what seems decades and watched the slow decline in quality and selection, and skyrocketing prices based on whatever the latest paranoid delusional gun grabbing fantasy the gunowner will listen to.. Now, a newish gun owner would probably think the show is great, being as they have nothing to compare the shows to.

Example: If you see those E German bakelite 74 mags there for $125 each, I will sell you all you want for 25% cheaper :)

who remembers the shows they did at the Big E grounds? Truckloads of ammo and a huge variety of guns and gun stuff. Long gone now.

A bit over-crowded for me and lacking a handful of key vendors, but not the worst show I'd ever been to. Would have helped if they had spaced out the tables more like they did at least once before. 🤔

Highlight of the show: Meeting Toby Leary and some of his staff from Cape Gun Works. Very nice guy. Wish his shop & range wasn't so damn far away. [dance]

Definitely no shortage of overpriced prebans, WW2 memorabilia, and chinesium AR parts. Some cool stuff, but not at a price point I’d consider.

You’d think these dealers would get tired of lumping this overpriced shit, show after show year after year
They’re like Reptile, bumping Glock mag and stripped lower ads forever
You mean you don’t want a beat to shit preban for 20% higher than what you could find online?

Ya never seen so many pre-ban mags.. Makes sense because MA is the only state that recognizes pre-ban anything.
It was cool to see so many for so many different guns, but I’m not in a place where I’d be dying to pay an exorbitant amount more than what they typically go for on the used market, unless they were rare or non existant. Saw some 20rd AR prebans for 45. No thanks. 33rd glock mag for $750? Absolutely no thanks.

It was cool to see so many for so many different guns, but I’m not in a place where I’d be dying to pay an exorbitant amount more than what they typically go for on the used market, unless they were rare or non existant. Saw some 20rd AR prebans for 45. No thanks. 33rd glock mag for $750? Absolutely no thanks.
$750? Lol thats nuts.

ETA: I would have asked them how fast the ruckus goes

You’d think these dealers would get tired of lumping this overpriced shit, show after show year after year
They’re like Reptile, bumping Glock mag and stripped lower ads forever
The problem is they get their handful of suckers a show and maybe one or two rich guys that doen't care, that validate their shit prices. They won't/don't care until they're leaving the show at a net loss. I think some do lose money but they're too stupid to figure it out. Of course most of the dealers are not from gun money areas so they're kind of desperate.

Ya never seen so many pre-ban mags.. Makes sense because MA is the only state that recognizes pre-ban anything... I think.
Most of that is because they ganged up on anybody selling unmarked/postban/questionable stuff and pushed all those people out of the show. Waaaaay back when the bald guy that was there with the postban glock mag table that used to yell "f*** Massachusetts" at regular odd intervals, prices weren't so irrational. 🤣

Most of that is because they ganged up on anybody selling unmarked/postban/questionable stuff and pushed all those people out of the show. Waaaaay back when the bald guy that was there with the postban glock mag table that used to yell "f*** Massachusetts" at regular odd intervals, prices weren't so irrational. 🤣
Think I bought a G26 from him…

They had a sign this time where you buy admission tickets:

"It is illegal to sell AR-15 and AK-47 according to mgl..."

Never seen that before.

Pant shitting skin flints setting up the show?

They had a sign this time where you buy admission tickets:

"It is illegal to sell AR-15 and AK-47 according to mgl..."

Never seen that before.

Pant shitting skin flints setting up the show?
I didn’t see that sign but saw quite a few ARs and AKs for sale? Plenty of preban colts and saw some newer ones as well.

Ya know where you buy tickets at that booth at the door? It was a huge banner below the ticket windows.. Maybe they took it down, it was there at 1300 though.
They've had that sign hanging at all the mass shows for a few years, don't think anybody looks at it.

They've had that sign hanging at all the mass shows for a few years, don't think anybody looks at it.

Weird.. My GF is like that.. Doesn't pay attention to her surroundings. I am teaching her slowly to take notice of everything no matter how insignificant it may seem.

I also haven't been to that show in a while.

Back
Top Bottom