Markey introducing possiable anti gun bill

Just hear on WHYN that Markey is supposed to introduce a bill to combat violence . Sorry I don't any info on the said bill .

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 4

I heard the same thing. They didn't elaborate and I couldn't find anything on the interwebber. Anyone hear anything?

It's introduced in the Senate today. It's dead already. Outed about micro stamping. About as believable as his global warming support. Rather amusing how he flat out refused to speak to gun owners, but knows what's best.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I tell people that they should be asking for his job regardless of whether or not they voted for him based soley on his abstaining to vote wrt to the Syria situation to save face. Having gone to a shit show war for these political hacks I find it utterly disgusting and offensive that these ****ers play games like that, and more disgusting that people re-elect these ****s because of the little letter next to their name.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

It's introduced in the Senate today. It's dead already. Outed about micro stamping. About as believable as his global warming support. Rather amusing how he flat out refused to speak to gun owners, but knows what's best.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Chances Harry Reid puts this to vote in an election year where the Senate is potentially up for grabs? < 0%

This is nothing more than political posturing for Markey's run for re-election. He has been elected for almost 40 years to Washington by using legal gun owners as political punching bags. I expect more of the same asinine $hit from him as we draw closer to November.

I emailed him to let him know in no uncertain terms that he is not representing all of the people in MA. Some of us disagree with his approach. Perhaps if he heard from a few hundred more of us, he might back down from his rhetoric.

http://www.markey.senate.gov/contact

Of course he isn't, he's the 3rd sen for Maryland.

Market doesn't give a bleep about anyone but himself. There isn't one more arrogant than that dink. It's going no where anyway, Reid won't even bring it up in the senate for fear it will hurt them in the close races.

Last edited:
"combat violence" "common sense gun laws" "it's for the children" "S.A.F.E. Act" "assault weapons" "make the streets safer". What other feel good words can we use to get these anti gun bills passed?
You forgot background check, and high-capacity-ghost-clip.

"The bill will focus in part on requiring handgun technology designed to increase safety. Markey is also planning to call for more federal funding for gun violence research".

Translation: Microstamping and biometrics, and billions in grant funds to the Boston Longwood Medical Area to "research" gun violence.

here is my note:

Dear Senator, I’d like to remind you that the Constitution prohibits congress from infringing on an individual’s right to bear arms. If you want to reduce gun violence in the urban precincts, work harder to get people back to work and off welfare.

You clearly do not represent the many of us in Massachusetts who are law abiding citizens.

Also, please include a "Civil Rights" section in your subject drop down menu. Civil Rights isnt limited to LGBT issues.

Don't we have enough useless gun laws heaped on top of more useless gun laws? The state is a financial breakdown, no jobs, EBT, welfare fraud, etc. why don't these useless clowns do some real work. No. All they want is to get re-elected and keep feeding at the trough.

Just left him a message. Probably too polite, but he may be more inclined to read it then.

Senator Markey,

Please listen to all of the citizen's of Massachusetts when considering new firearm legislation. Lawful firearm owners in this state are often marginalized and our ideas thrown aside, an occurrence that the Constitution was designed to prevent. Trying to legislate firearm ownership and technology hasn't and will not reduce the number or rate of firearm related deaths in this country. It's like a doctor just treating the symptoms instead of treating the illness. The majority of firearm deaths stem from gang and drug related violence. Get into the urban centers and find ways to get people back to work and off of welfare and the gang and drug related violence will fall. Don't put restrictions on manufacturers and firearm owners as this will have no effect.

As a U.S. Senator I expect you to honor your oath and protect the Constitution, not legislate over it and hope you don't get caught.

should have voted for me.

for those who missed your god damn campaign and should be ashamed of themselves...

ed_zpse67ae911.jpg~original

I think it's pretty clear that gun control is a dead issue at ground level, even in MA. Flooding the mailboxes of any POS politician who proposes any new restrictions should be enough to keep them well away. There are far more gun owners who care enough to write to the legislators than there are antis, imho.

I wish the all the local manufacturers would grow some balls and hold a joint press conference asking Senator Markey why he wants to put tens of thousands of skilled Massachusetts workers out of work.

What a complete waste of time to be introduced by a complete waste of oxygen.

Even if you were completely agnostic on the issue of guns, how can you look at Markey and not see this proposed legislation as the act of a completely self-serving douche-bag? Does he, or anyone else for that matter, actually expect Harry Reid to bring this piece of dung bill up for a vote this year?

Markey finds himself being outdone on the wacky liberal front by Sen Liawatha and files this bill solely to burnish his credentials as a liberal loon, knowing full well the bill will never see the light of day. With Obamacare already serving as a giant albatross around the necks of Dems, why in anything resembling a sane world would Reid put Red State Dem senators in the position of having to vote on this steaming turd of a bill? Headline: In a rare moment, Sen Markey finds something he has greater loyalty to than party -- Himself!

On a more practical note, with tens of millions of handguns already in circulation, how would this bill save a single life unless you planned to ban and confiscate existing handguns that lack the new technology? I know; let's have a giant government sponsored trade-in program funded by the taxpayers! Not to mention; Markey sees assault weapons as the greater threat, so why stop at handguns?

Back
Top Bottom