• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Market in the toilet who’s buying?

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
ARK added Palantir and Skillz.

I have owned those two for a while, but they have been falling for a few weeks. The prices are good entry points.

I think Palantir is awesome and could be worth a lot in the future. Both are definitely long term.

Last edited:

djbradles

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think the timeline depends on inflation. If we see CPI pick up fast, that’ll jumpy start the next PM rally. If it stays tame yeah this could drag on a while.
Correct, inflation is the key. I think the dollar will stay strong for the near term but who knows? Blue skies everywhere.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Correct, inflation is the key. I think the dollar will stay strong for the near term but who knows? Blue skies everywhere.

It’s frustrating cause we all know inflation is crazy high but the Fed says it’s 1.5%, ie, the Fed says the Earth is flat and we have to nod and agree.

real yields are really about -10%, but if you use the Fed’s inflation number they are 0%. Which is bad for gold and commodities.

M125X

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It’s frustrating cause we all know inflation is crazy high but the Fed says it’s 1.5%, ie, the Fed says the Earth is flat and we have to nod and agree.

real yields are really about -10%, but if you use the Fed’s inflation number they are 0%. Which is bad for gold and commodities.
So true! The cost of groceries has nearly doubled since the start of the pandemic. We buy nearly the same crap each week, used to be close to $100, now like $180/wk. look at gas. Etc it’s all going up!

June4th

NES Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
The talk on the Street last Friday was Bill Hwang's forced liquidation of $20B Archegos funds: Billions in Secret Derivatives at Center of Archegos Blowup

Goldman Sachs and JPM got ahead of the wind and sold billions of Hwang's holdings and some other investment banks who acted slower may be taken out, Lehman style.

Nothing to see here, no contagions to worry about, LOL.

headednorth

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Are you a value or momentum investor? If you're looking for value it should feel terrible when you buy. :D
Momentum seems more logical to me. Its going in my direction already. Just the way my brain works I guess, but I have to admit to getting burned chasing from time to time. I did pick up a good amount of oil stocks in March of last year on the basis that oil companies arent going away any time soon. This was when oil briefly went negative iirc. Wish I bought a lot more obviously, but I was going against my nature so it was hard to load up.

headednorth

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
It is tough, specially after a yese of crazy growth.
Friend in work bought a little bit for the first time ever. Literally the first time ever investing in anything. He jumped in in March 2020. Pretty much bottom ticked CGC almost to the penny on a tip from a friend. Sometimes Ill mention like 25-30% returns in a conversation and he's like "thats it? that blows..." [laugh] He's been quiet lately though

Rating - 100%
65   0   0

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Momentum seems more logical to me. Its going in my direction already. Just the way my brain works I guess, but I have to admit to getting burned chasing from time to time. I did pick up a good amount of oil stocks in March of last year on the basis that oil companies arent going away any time soon. This was when oil briefly went negative iirc. Wish I bought a lot more obviously, but I was going against my nature so it was hard to load up.

Yeah I think you have to invest in a way that fits your personality. I have trouble chasing stocks especially if I don’t believe they have fundamental value.

That’s one thing I like about gold and silver miners, they are not widely held so they have these crazy 40-50% pullbacks that let you get in if you miss one.

Top Bottom