Market in the toilet who’s buying?

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Smith & Wesson (SWBI) breached the $10 mark this AM. I am not smart enough to know where the bottom is, but it's getting more enticing (were I to have any funds available, of course). A November $10 cash-secured put (current bid: 60¢) might work...

Broc

NES Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Smith & Wesson (SWBI) breached the $10 mark this AM. I am not smart enough to know where the bottom is, but it's getting more enticing (were I to have any funds available, of course). A November $10 cash-secured put (current bid: 60¢) might work...
I can see it drop to $4.50 like back in 2019.
Indonr follow them, but their last revenue was a surprise (an almost 50% surprise), which means if they gave a yearly guidance this upcoming quarter is going to also s*ck a**.

Maybe the 30 super carry will save them. [rofl]

Mark from MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I can see it drop to $4.50 like back in 2019.
Indonr follow them, but their last revenue was a surprise (an almost 50% surprise), which means if they gave a yearly guidance this upcoming quarter is going to also s*ck a**.

Maybe the 30 super carry will save them. [rofl]
I haven't played with S&W in a long time. I bought it a 4.50 and it went up to like 20 and I sold it years ago.

Barring any real stupidity...i think people are worried about a recession and interest rates going up, they scorched their credit cards on overpriced ammo and guns.
I can see ammo and guns headed down now that supply is getting back online.

Broc

NES Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
My wife and I bought our max. I'm now considering it for both kids....didn't even think of that.

Just told my Mother in Law to buy for my Brother in Law.
Right now, 100% buy for the kids.

If interest rates drop to sh*t in a few years you can cash them and move the money to other investments.

With int rates going up, we will probably see October at over 10%. While 401K keep losing money.

It might even be smart to borrow from a 401K, buy bonds, collect interest and pay the money back to the 401K within the allowed time. (I didn't look into this, I just thought about it).

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Woof. Oil and gold down hard.

We need to revive this thread as the buying opportunity increases with each day. October could be the bloodbath.

Waher

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
☦️ Boston Gun & Rifle and Braintree Rifle & Pistol
Ok so two consecutive quarters of negative GDP is not a recession, DJIA dips below 29k, not a recession. WTF!!!!!
It's about to be three consecutive quarters of negative GDP even with the tricks the number whores are turning trying to hide the disaster unfolding before our eyes.

oldgunner

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
That's everyone who thought their 401K was going to keep growing at the pace it did the last couple years before 2022.
I pulled my 401k in June once I retired and put it into a cash IRA. It ain’t making any money but, according to the statements, it ain’t losing any either. I predict the government will eventually confiscate all these ‘retirement’ accounts to help pay for more social programs for illegals so nothing it truly safe IMHO

ProGun

NES Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I may have already said this, but I seriously considered moving to near 100% cash in January...wish I did, oh well. While I took some gains, I've been murdered on some :( . Good news is wife and I are probably still 10+ years away from pulling from the IRAs, etc. But being down about 20% from our highs blows.

Waher

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Waher

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mark from MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I pulled my 401k in June once I retired and put it into a cash IRA. It ain’t making any money but, according to the statements, it ain’t losing any either. I predict the government will eventually confiscate all these ‘retirement’ accounts to help pay for more social programs for illegals so nothing it truly safe IMHO
Wish I could have, not really old enough. I pulled 40% with the dow at 36K, at the top, and another 20% the last bear market blip up to dow at 33K. I've got a few years left and a pension, so I didn't go full out.

Whatever, all new 401k purchases I'm half buying safe/cash funds right now that are doing nothing, and half into stocks and doing the old dollar cost averaging bullshit.

I may start up some bond buying in the 401 if it looks positive.

Last edited:

Mark from MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Right now, 100% buy for the kids.

If interest rates drop to sh*t in a few years you can cash them and move the money to other investments.

With int rates going up, we will probably see October at over 10%. While 401K keep losing money.

It might even be smart to borrow from a 401K, buy bonds, collect interest and pay the money back to the 401K within the allowed time. (I didn't look into this, I just thought about it).
Looking more like this...however I'm holding some cash for real estate, as for certain 7 percent interest rates and up, are gonna shut that shit down quick. Already seeing it in my area.

Now I need cash because it will be harder to sell my house.

Mark from MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I think we rally this week, but I can't decide if I should jump back in now or wait for another low.
I kind of think your out of your mind, I see no reason to even bother buying anything but short ETF funds or bonds right now.

Lot of outflows........

Whatever, there could be another bounce.....but every bounce comes back more negative after....down trend is written.

Last edited:

Broc

NES Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Looking more like this...however I'm holding some cash for real estate, as for certain 7 percent interest rates and up, are gonna shut that shit down quick. Already seeing it in my area.

Now I need cash because it will be harder to sell my house.
Bonds can be chased after a year. You just lose 3 months of interest.

Top Bottom