Market in the toilet who’s buying?

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
So, who's going to be the Chad to swagger in here bragging they shorted everything and made enough money for their third trophy wife?
Account was up 5.8% today. I never went 100% short though. Still have some longs that I like longer term and also jumped into I think 6 cannabis stocks a couple weeks ago on the long side.

I've been around long enough that I don't really get all that exited about any given day up or down. If we make new lows I'll be parking a Shelby Cobra in the garage and a surplus Super Cobra at the new helipad out back. [laugh]

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
It’s definitely acting like it should during stagflation imho. Hopefully we don’t revisit some type of embargo.

Who expects a yuge gap down on Monday?

I think we’ll see a rally Monday. The Buy the Dippers will keep partying til they’re carried out on stretchers. We’ll probably also get some Fed officials walking back Powell’s hawkish talk next week.

So be patient with your shorts lol.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think we’ll see a rally Monday. The Buy the Dippers will keep partying til they’re carried out on stretchers. We’ll probably also get some Fed officials walking back Powell’s hawkish talk next week.

So be patient with your shorts lol.
Maybe the dippers turn into bears. You never know how the inflows of money will affect sentiment. It may be bullish to be bearish. Crazy world.

Dench

NES Member
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Yeah the whole EV and alternative energy movement relies on cheap oil and metals. With those gone, alternative energy is not longer cost effective.

Which means massive government stimulus.
If only there was some sort of rock that got really hot that heated water that can make steam that can drive turbines that makes electricity...

Waher

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
☦️ Boston Gun & Rifle and Braintree Rifle & Pistol
If only there was some sort of rock that got really hot that heated water that can make steam that can drive turbines that makes electricity...
The useful fools that like the sound of 'green' energy have no idea how much more destructive the strip mining for rare earth metals for use in solar panels, batteries, and wind turbines is compared to drilling for oil/natural gas or the smaller scale mining required for uranium.

Even when you think of the life cycle of wind turbine windings and generator components compared to if the same resources were used to build a natural gas/coal/oil/nuclear turbine.

What ever happened to biodiesel made from algae by the way? Several local companies had it working with significant economies of scale that if the production tanks were put in a warm climate it could have easily been used to fuel existing oil fired power plants. Seems like the red/greens killed that market deliberately with the excuse that it was still emitting carbon despite the algae reabsorbing it out of the atmosphere. It was ~8 bucks a gallon a few years back and one of the companies I knew thought if they could make enough of it at a time the price would be down to around $4 a gallon which would be competitive with diesel in the current market.

If it were burned at power plants capturing the exhaust water vapor for reuse in growing more biodiesel won't even be a water resource issue which was a large part of the cost. If wastewater sludge was used as the fertilizer for the algae, even cheaper with combustion at the power plants potentially disposing of things like PFAS out of the environment.

Heck, use a wastewater heat pump to take the energy from the decomposing sewage (yes you can use sewage treatment plants as giant heat pumps to generate electricity or hydrothermal energy) to help make biodiesel.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Fox Business right now. The world may end tomorrow, but, then again, they may be positive by morning. [rofl]

View attachment 655581
We could definitely see more rallies like most other bear markets going on for the next few years. We had one already.

Btw @Waher

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Fox Business right now. The world may end tomorrow, but, then again, they may be positive by morning. [rofl]

View attachment 655581

Those knuckleheads are miscalculating the futures. 4011 is down 1% not 5.5%.

1% on Sunday night thinly traded futures doesn’t mean much. We’ll see when it’s 8:30 AM.

Top Bottom