Marines and Guns in Boston Common

for??????

you should go green, get your FID (not sure how old you are) and join a gun club.... barbies, GI Joe, Bakugan and airsolf are for kids. ask my 10 year old son.
No sir, i am 23 years old. Remember i live in dorchester. it is hard to apply for lisence to own an ar15. So i play airsoft and i go to NH to shoot with friends who own ar15s. I am not a fan of hand guns by the way.

I drive by there in Southie on the way to work every morning. This morning I first saw an APC on the beach and thought WTF. Then a couple of Abrams and then the V22, then a whole bunch of Marines hanging around. I wish I had time to stop by, I really wanted to see a V22 up close!

No sir, i am 23 years old. Remember i live in dorchester. it is hard to apply for lisence to own an ar15. So i play airsoft and i go to NH to shoot with friends who own ar15s. I am not a fan of hand guns by the way.

So you have actually shot real rifles? Do You have a LTC? Why are you not a fan of handguns? (BTW we call them Pistols)

No sir, i am 23 years old. Remember i live in dorchester. it is hard to apply for lisence to own an ar15. So i play airsoft and i go to NH to shoot with friends who own ar15s.

Don't be harsh on him.

Boston banned AR15s back in 1986 (?) and if you didn't own it IN BOSTON and get a special license during that SINGLE WINDOW OF TIME, you could never own such an animal in Boston. So he's out of luck and can only play with Airsoft . . . until Mumbles bans those too.

So you have actually shot real rifles? Do You have a LTC? Why are you not a fan of handguns? (BTW we call them Pistols)
I call it hand gun most of the time and the word pistol once in a while . I went shooting with my friends with their ar. I do tactical shooting also. But i don't shoot for a while now since i got in a car accident.

Will they be back at the Common tomorrow or in Charlestown?

Equipment display will be in Charlestown Sat and Sun. Here's a link to their schedule. I'm going to try to make it Sunday with the family.

www.marines.mil/community/MarineWeekBoston/Pages/ScheduleofEvents.aspx#sunday

vietboy1st said:

It's a nuisance to go through the Boston requirements only to get yourself a neutered license. But definitely not hard. There are other rifles that Boston allows aside the AR-15 that are fun to shoot plus you can drive 15 minutes from where you live to Braintree instead of going all the way to NH.

Tell you what, if you don't have an LTC yet, you do the legwork and take care of the BFS requirement and I'll give you the range time with a .38 revolver on MY dime so you'll pass the test.

Last edited:
Made it down to the Charlestown Navy Yard just as the crowd was gathering for the performance by the Silent Drill Platoon. We've never seen this in person and I can only say that it was simply awesome. It was a great atmosphere and we're looking forward to the next time this event comes around. [smile]

DSC_9841.jpg

DSC_9848.jpg

DSC_9856.jpg

DSC_9873.jpg

DSC_9893.jpg

man mv-22 doesnt have that much space like the heavy squadorn transport helicopter.
That's because the MV-22 was procured to replace the CH-46; a medium lift helicopter. Not the CH-53E which is a heavy lift helicopter.

Heavy lift isn't any good if it won't fit in the LZ.

Like the man said:
They have different roles.

I call it hand gun most of the time and the word pistol once in a while . I went shooting with my friends with their ar. I do tactical shooting also. But i don't shoot for a while now since i got in a car accident.

What kind of tactical shooting do you do?

yeah airsoft is cool for training so does real gun. But airsoft is perfect for training because you can see how others react and learn from it.
but here is some more pictures from the marines week
IMG_0326.jpg

Marine Corps reserve band
IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0324.jpg

M16s made by FN company and Trijicon Ta31rco.A4 acog. All of these combine as a cost of a brand new Ford mustang.
IMG_0329.jpg

me with the m82
IMG_0332.jpg

It is stupid to have an eotech on a sniper rifle but i just put it on to see how it looks. It was awesome if you look through the scope. :D

Back
Top Bottom