Marine Unit needs some help

For those of you who would like to help - I just got an email from my retired USMC Major buddy. He knows a Major in Iraq that just arrived there and what they have available to them is sparse to few to not a whole hell of a lot of.

If any of you would like to send care packages to them, please email me off list (I'm not on as much as I used to be due to life's interference) and I'll give you his name, address and what they'd like. Send to [email protected]

To those of you who sent things to Major Chris - first, THANKYOU!!! and 2nd, Chris asked for a "cease fire" on them. It will make you proud to know that they've been overwhelmed with boxes. Which is good - the bad news is that they really don't have a lot of storage space and they're being innudated. Today (or yesterday) alone, he got 40 boxes and the mail clerk hates him. [laugh]

He's asked, for the time being, to please not send anymore. The whole regiment has enough to last them for a while, but he did promise me that when supplies begin to run low that he'd let me know. I'll keep you updated on when the cease fire has been lifted. [wink]

Thank you to those who sent a box or 2 or 3. They appreciate it more than you can imagine, and you've helped to make their holidays over there just a tiny bit more bearable. [grin]

Back
Top Bottom