• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marine is shorthand for...

TonyD

One Shot One Maggie's Drawers
...Can do. So says President George Bush as he has selected Gen. Peter Pace, USMC as the new Chairman of the Joint Chief's of Staff. Gen. Pace is expected to sail through Congressional confirmation.

Semper Fi!

"Some people live an entire life time and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, but the Marines don't have that problem."

Ronald Reagan

"Why in hell can't the Army do it if the Marines can. They are the same kind of men; why can't they be like Marines. "

Gen. John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, United States Army; 12 February 1918

"We have two companies of Marines running rampant all over the northern half of this island, and three Army regiments pinned down in the southwestern corner, doing nothing. What the hell is going on? "

Gen. John W. Vessey Jr., United STates Army, Chairman of the the Joint Chiefs of Staff
during the assault on Grenada, 1983

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth- and the amusing thing about it is that they are."

Father Kevin Keaney
1st Marine Division Chaplain
Korean War

"Do not attack the First Marine Division. Leave the yellowlegs alone. Strike the American Army. "

Orders given to Communist troops in the Korean War;
shortly afterward, the Marines were ordered
to not wear their khaki leggings.

I was extremely pleased to hear that Gen. Pace was selected. I've always thought that because the Marines are the first ones in, they have a different perspective of things. Not that other branches don't do their job, but the Marines are the ones who usually face first fire, and that tends to make one elvaluate situations a bit differently. I just love people who kick ass. :D

Back
Top Bottom