• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marine faces 15 years behind bars for unknowingly violating gun law

I don't venture to NYC unless I have to, and that's been once for work.
Traveling to Jiminy Peak ski area for a meeting once, suddenly realized I had to travel 4 miles within NY state to get there off the Pike [shocked]
I cringed the entire time, as I had my firearm & a knife on me...

just thinking....imagine if he shot someone, who was illegally armed, trying to rob him while in NYC!
Christ, this poor bastard would never see the outside of Rykers.

I do have family in NY. I refuse to enter and they refuse to visit because of my "arsenal". /shrug

Don't get caught with a blade in NYC, end of story. My brother had a swiss army keychain knife hanging from his pocket on the subway...two undercovers popped out of nowhere and took him to the ground. My brother was in the subway, in a business suit (he worked for a major publishing company)....but apparently, his evil swiss army was validation for the putzes to knock him to the ground, cuff him, arrest him, on the grounds of carrying a "deadly weapon".

He since quit his job and moved back to NH. He had to head back to NY for his hearing where they delivered a massive fine.

F**K New York.....

Good to know. My next visit would have been with my Spyderco clipped on my pocket. Knowing what you just told me, I will look into some sort of legal self defense tool if that exists.

It continues to amaze me how people that have CCW permits don't check the laws in other states before visiting and bringing their guns!

Yes this sucks and is not right but there are a lot of stupid people out there.

When you have spent your entire life living in a state that resembles America, there is not thought asinine laws out there. I had no clue MA gun laws were so f-ed when I moved to New England.
I guess when you look to the King for guidance on everyday life from an early age it's assumed you're going to look for permission to move freely about America.

I don't venture to NYC unless I have to, and that's been once for work.
Traveling to Jiminy Peak ski area for a meeting once, suddenly realized I had to travel 4 miles within NY state to get there off the Pike [shocked]
I cringed the entire time, as I had my firearm & a knife on me...

i do not and will not set foot in that shithole. period.

Even in MA many still don't pay attention. There are still thousands of people in this state waltzing around with their "For Life" FID cards that got revoked by the state over a decade ago that still don't think they're breaking the law. Then there are the tons of people who carry pepper spray illegally. (which only highlights the idiocy inherent to that stupid law. )

-Mike

when i turned my application for my LTC the sargeant asked me how

many guns i had, i said "zero" "oh good cause you lifetime FID expired

=== years ago"

the last 2 NY experiences we see are folks asking where to check a gun,

concealed is concealed unless there a need to do so.

I have family who live in NY...Staten Island, actually. I don't visit them anymore because of NY. The only time I see them is when they come to my father's house...because they refuse to visit mine, where I harbor "evil weapons that have no purpose but to kill people" [banghead]

This

I do have family in NY. I refuse to enter and they refuse to visit because of my "arsenal". /shrug

Don't get caught with a blade in NYC, end of story. My brother had a swiss army keychain knife hanging from his pocket on the subway...two undercovers popped out of nowhere and took him to the ground. My brother was in the subway, in a business suit (he worked for a major publishing company)....but apparently, his evil swiss army was validation for the putzes to knock him to the ground, cuff him, arrest him, on the grounds of carrying a "deadly weapon".

He since quit his job and moved back to NH. He had to head back to NY for his hearing where they delivered a massive fine.

F**K New York.....

WTF on all counts.

Some movies you just cannot makeup. Mel Gibson made billions with that "Passion for the Christ" movie appealing to many globally. If you have not seen "Edge of Darkness" produced(IIRC), and acted in by MGibson you're missing a hilarious caricature of MASS. Hilarious! It certainly applies to this OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its kind of asinine to let the gun rights issue separate you from your family.

Mike

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Not really. When you have folks in your family who believe soooo much that the Brady Bunch is right, and you're an evil person bent on destroying human civilization with your evil arsenal............what's the arguement? What's the point? They've dictated their stance. And nothing I can do will ever.............EVER............change their mind.

It continues to amaze me how people that have CCW permits don't check the laws in other states before visiting and bringing their guns!

You're missing the point and you're one of those stupid people out there.

Go back to your flock.

Too bad his pockets weren't full of crack and the gun was stolen. He'd be out the next day.

I agree.

I think this issue also brings to light our "need" for mandatory sentences or long sentences for victim-less crimes.

Do you check vehicle inspection requirements of another state before you drive into them?
I agree.

I think this issue also brings to light our "need" for mandatory sentences or long sentences for victim-less crimes.
Seriously or is my sarcasm meter busted?

Sorry if this was addressed, but is the mandatory sentencing in accordance with state law or municipal law (NYC)? I know NYC prohibits handguns even if you have a NY carry license, but what if a NY resident w/ a valid NY license were in the same situation...would the mandatory sentencing apply to them?

I would think that if its a municipal law, it wouldn't carry the same weight and could be more easily overturned. Either way this whole thing is completely outrageous.

Seems like a case of a 8th Amendment right vs a 10th Amendment right regarding a 2nd Amendment right.

Last edited:
this proves one thing to the city of NY. Making guns illegal will not stop peoiple from carrying.

Look at this guy and the student a few weeks ago. if they wanted they could have walked right to the middle of times square and shoot people, and it would have taken a few minutes for the 25 cops all hanging out in one corner and drinking coffee to stop them. All I am saying is that someone that wanted to do it, could do it, I am not saying that was the Marines intention. GUN CONTROL= FAIL.

If I am not mistaken NYC acts as seperate area of the state, like the rest the state doesn't even exist. Some one can bring us up to date, but I think NYC's charter allows them total control.

That is correct. On my NY State Permit it clearly says not valid in NYC. It sucks for me living 10 miles from the border and driving there a lot for banking purposes. I keep a lockbox in the car.

The next time NY needs help of the military, I think the military should decline.

Why help an entity that shows such disregard for those that it relies on?

The next time NY needs help of the military, I think the military should decline.

Why help an entity that shows such disregard for those that it relies on?

Do you think that the military is in favor of gun rights? Or do you think they will support whoever approves their budget?

Last edited:

F**K New York.....

Holy crap, I have been to NYC several times, and ALWAYS have my spring assisted Kershaw clipped right in my front pocket! I was actually just there before Christmas when my daughter's singing group opened for the Rockettes at Radio City, but it was cold so my jacket concealed the knife. I left my CCW at home, but there is no way in hell I will venture into the city completely unarmed, but never knew that it was illegal to carry even a pocket knife!

Its kind of asinine to let the gun rights issue separate you from your family.

Maybe, that's a personal values judgement someone has to make for themselves. It's also more than a "gun rights" issue, it's one of basic human rights. At some level it's also an issue of respect. What do you do when one part of your family wants to, in effect, do things that are directly against your capability to protect your core family? That's pretty h**vy shit right there if you start thinking about it long enough.

There's also the issue of harassment, etc. Who wants to hang around with family that harasses you because you exercise a right? Thankfully a lot of smart people avoid politics, but there are some people who have moonbat families who are relentless about it. Why the **** would anyone want to deal with that? If it was that bad, I sure as hell wouldn't.

Yes, blood is thicker than water, you can choose your friends but not your family, blah blah blah. I get it. There are even limits to that, though... and without being in that person's shoes, one doesn't know their perspective. There are levels of insanity far beyond simply "having relatives that voted for obama". I'm sure Joeendris likely has some "tales of legend".

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom