• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marijuana License's In Mass While Having A LTC

What do you mean by "if I tested dirty?". Will your MD be checking for MJ if you don't have an Rx? My doc seems to be more trusting - when I had a condition requiring pain meds, he prescribed them with no "testing" nonsense.

It will be interesting to see how MA handles non-medical sales. I think the procedure in CO is show ID and be signed in even if of obvious legal age, then you are allowed into the display area. I hope the MA system does not require people sign in, get recorded, or show ID unless of questionable age. That could make a big difference.

What do you mean by "if I tested dirty?". Will your MD be checking for MJ if you don't have an Rx? My doc seems to be more trusting - when I had a condition requiring pain meds, he prescribed them with no "testing" nonsense.

It will be interesting to see how MA handles non-medical sales. I think the procedure in CO is show ID and be signed in even if of obvious legal age, then you are allowed into the display area. I hope the MA system does not require people sign in, get recorded, or show ID unless of questionable age. That could make a big difference.

The new rules are that if you are on opiates for more than a month you have to sign a "contract" stating that you can be tested anytime for illegal drug use. At least that is what the pain management and primary care doctors said. I have had numerous back surgeries with L1-S1 fused and now i have an issue where the scar tissue has formed around the nerves that go into my right leg, trapping them and causing constant pain. Imagine the worst charlie horse you ever had in your quad and you know what i feel like everyday, that and constant lower back pain.

Feds, the doctor has to send reports of people who are prescribed opiates. I can understand the doctors frustration but they can lose their license for prescribing to someone who is using a federally prohibited drug. It an absolute sham.

There is no question that all the rules have changed.

If you're prescribed opiates for chronic pain management, you will be drug tested regularly to confirm:

You are actually using what is prescribed. to you.
Not using other prescription drugs.
Not using "other" substances.

Failing grades will result in loss of scripts.

There is no question that all the rules have changed.

If you're prescribed opiates for chronic pain management, you will be drug tested regularly to confirm:

You are actually using what is prescribed. to you.
Not using other prescription drugs.
Not using "other" substances.

Failing grades will result in loss of scripts.

Also the levels need to be in a certain range.

The pain docs all want to test and retest patients so they can bill extra for the analysis that they conveniently all do in house

My pain management is at NWH and what they do is to find what works for the patient and then confers with the primary care doctor and hand off the patient. They don't prescribe anything. In my mind that is the correct way to do it since your primary knows your history.

Feds, the doctor has to send reports of people who are prescribed opiates. I can understand the doctors frustration but they can lose their license for prescribing to someone who is using a federally prohibited drug. It an absolute sham.
In that case a MJ RX would make no difference as it does not change the federally prohibited status.

Congress has to change the law, which means some law makers need to step up and introduce a bill. If legalized the FDA will have to approve it.

Back
Top Bottom