• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marijuana License's In Mass While Having A LTC

In this state the chief of police in your issuing town can essentially refuse to give you an LTC for any old reason at all.

I am not going to go into details on my legal, doctor prescribed pain management but I have gone through all pain remedies including the pain clinic BS and short of messing with my spine, there is nothing they can do for me. Since the pain clinic doctor nearly killed me by giving me four times the lethal does of one drug for 30 days, I am not letting him cut into my spine… incompetent twit! So ya, I’d like to give pot a try unless I would surrender my 2nd Amendment Right. Who could it hurt? No one. But it could help.

The prohibition on drugs users is for "users", not "users or former users", so the prohibition does not latch on irreversibly like a felony conviction.

Thanks for the clarification. So you get a MM card and the BATFE considers you a PP. You let the card expire and 'go straight" so the BATFE undoes your PP status?

If the Feds get ahold of the names of MJ card holders (and Obamacare requires a national centralized database on our medical records), you can bet that they will be put on the NICS PP person list and not removed even if card expires. I just don't know how this will play out, but my bet (with current admin in DC) that it won't be in any citizen's favor.

If the Feds get ahold of the names of MJ card holders (and Obamacare requires a national centralized database on our medical records), you can bet that they will be put on the NICS PP person list and not removed even if card expires. I just don't know how this will play out, but my bet (with current admin in DC) that it won't be in any citizen's favor.

You're probably right, and I'm guessing nothing will change until the FEDs legalize it

The card is not worth the risk. You can still have up to an ounce without nothing more than a ticket and confiscation if you needed it for medicine.

@Ware only a ticket if you don't have a firearm on you, LenS might be able to confirm this wether it decriminialized or not pretty sure if you are in possession of a firearm and a bag of weed your screwed

This is an evolving area and Massachusetts is hardly on the leading edge. Some 17 states plus DC have passed some kind of medical marijuana law and to date the federal government has done little more than issue a memo. I would be very surprised if this, or any other, administration had the stomach for stirring up this hornet's nest. If they wanted to make a point they'd try harder to shut down the dispensaries.

Sheriffs in Oregon (shall issue state) attempted to deny CCW permits to medial marijuana card holders and were shut down all the way to the Oregon supreme court before petitioning SCOTUS which denied their petition. It's unlikely that Massachusetts will be any different. Possession of small amounts was decriminalized in 2008 and since then a civil citation for possession CANNOT be used to deny someone an LTC. For the state now to turn around and make medical marijuana card holders prohibited would be a dramatic departure from the current direction. Given the degree to which the state seems to have embraced medical marijuana it's also pretty silly to think that they'd give the fed a list of card holders for the purposed of making those people federally prohibited. I just doesn't compute.

BTW, my PCP shut me down on a MM card.

@Ware only a ticket if you don't have a firearm on you, LenS might be able to confirm this wether it decriminialized or not pretty sure if you are in possession of a firearm and a bag of weed your screwed

I really don't know. Luckily it has been 17 years since I had to concern myself with MGL C. 94C.

KD, I don't see it as MA was firmly behind medical MJ. I believe that it was a petition article, wasn't it, and the state probably expected it to fail. The AG hasn't dealt with it yet at all, there is no guidance to the cities/towns about dispensaries, etc.

As for state giving the Feds the list of MM card holders, I see it from the other direction. All medical data/Rx's in the massive Obamacare database potentially used for the purpose.

I am not going to go into details on my legal, doctor prescribed pain management but I have gone through all pain remedies including the pain clinic BS and short of messing with my spine, there is nothing they can do for me. Since the pain clinic doctor nearly killed me by giving me four times the lethal does of one drug for 30 days, I am not letting him cut into my spine… incompetent twit! So ya, I’d like to give pot a try unless I would surrender my 2nd Amendment Right. Who could it hurt? No one. But it could help.

Google "Tens". They don't work for 100% of the users, but have a high success rate. My back pain is finally somewhat tolerable. Doctors don't promote them, especially "Pain Clinics", as it cuts into their profits. All the websites claim they are "sold only to medical professionals", but they will ship to you, no problem.

Good Luck!!!

Sorry for the hijack, but if I can help someone, I will.

yeah LenS it would be interesting to see how that would be ruled out im assuming probably be on the cop that catches it, get that cop in a bad mood next thing you know you laid on the ground having right read to you... And Billsail haha no worries man nothing ever wrong with trying to help the next man.

I don't understand the reasoning here. If you're "caught" doing two things that AREN'T criminal, you'll be screwed?

The number of people in MA with a LEGITIMATE terminal disease or chronic debilitating pain will be a fraction of a percent. The vast majority will be aging hippies, layabouts, and unemployed college graduates with liberal arts degrees. I've seen the programs in other states, they are a scam. What starts intended for cancer and MS is suddenly redefined to include "anxiety", agoraphobia, and all sorts of borderline and BS ailments.

Give it time. Marijuana will go the way alcohol did after the failed prohibition years. Assuming King O doesn't sink us as a nation in his last few years in office.

@Hush ya right now NO B.S a kid at my job got one to help weight gain no questions asked got a MM card cause he is underweight... I believe they should have a system set in place for the MM cause noway do i see it fair comparing someone who just states they got anxiety and a terminally ill patient there should be a diff set of guidelines....

And im NOT by any means against MM for people shit id rather see someone that's in chronic pain or cancer have something to help soothe them then watch them become addicts to the pharmaceutical industry with all this b.s pain pills that end up getting you hooked

The way I see it is, Worse thing that's gonna happen when your smoking pot is your gonna murder a bag of chips .
Booze screws you up way worse then mj will ever.
Nothing ever really ends badly with " hey mannnnn, you mind holding my joint ". But you know it's gonna be good when you hear bubba "hey hold my beer".

The number of people in MA with a LEGITIMATE terminal disease or chronic debilitating pain will be a fraction of a percent. The vast majority will be aging hippies, layabouts, and unemployed college graduates with liberal arts degrees. I've seen the programs in other states, they are a scam. What starts intended for cancer and MS is suddenly redefined to include "anxiety", agoraphobia, and all sorts of borderline and BS ailments.

Marijuana being banned, then taxed and licensed is indeed a scam. It's a bare-faced affront to your right to put whatever the **** you want into your own body. Who cares who (you think) uses Mary Jane? "Hippies, layabouts, and unemployed college graduates with liberal arts degrees" are Americans too.

In my experience, people that still think MJ is like that movie "Reefer Madness" are middle-aged or older, so it may not be your fault. You're a product of your generation.

I don't understand the reasoning here. If you're "caught" doing two things that AREN'T criminal, you'll be screwed?

"I dont understand why we outlaw prostitution. Selling is legal. ****ing is legal. Why isn't selling ****ing legal?" - George Carlin

Marijuana being banned, then taxed and licensed is indeed a scam. It's a bare-faced affront to your right to put whatever the **** you want into your own body. Who cares who (you think) uses Mary Jane? "Hippies, layabouts, and unemployed college graduates with liberal arts degrees" are Americans too.

In my experience, people that still think MJ is like that movie "Reefer Madness" are middle-aged or older, so it may not be your fault. You're a product of your generation.

I hope I'm not considered middle aged at 32, I saw plenty of green leafy substances in my high school days. Sure some of my friends still partake now and then. And the ones who smoke on a regular basis are, unfortunately, losers. College educated, marginally employed dysfunctional adults. Who love to smoke weed to help their "art" or music, but have a hard time paying bills or living independent of their aging parents.

The pipe dream of marijuana being taxed in the people's republic is just that. Since its "medicine" it is by law tax exempt. There will still be the practice of "licensing", referred to as extortion outside of MA.

@Hush ya right now NO B.S a kid at my job got one to help weight gain no questions asked got a MM card cause he is underweight... I believe they should have a system set in place for the MM cause noway do i see it fair comparing someone who just states they got anxiety and a terminally ill patient there should be a diff set of guidelines....

Uh, that sounds like a legitimate use to me. He's underweight and weed helps with appetite...am I missing something?

Who gives a **** what someone wants to put into their body?

Medical weed card is ridiculous. Keep your ltc & smoke on the downlow. If you get the ticket, just make confetti. There's no penalty for nonpayment.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

This. Its easy enough to obtain and you don;t even have to produce an ID if you're caught with it. Tell the cop your name is John Smith - toss the ticket and be on your way. Just don't get caught driving and smoking and you're fine. Obviously don't be puffing a blizzy while you're at the range either. Keep your 4 chamber bong out of the gun case.

I'm resurrecting this thread because I just had this conversation with my doctor during my annual physical. He had no idea on the prohibition of having a gun license and a pot license. He told me that he has sent a few gun owners to get a pot license. I told him that I would never get a license just because of the federal rules. He couldn't wrap his mind around the foolishness, the people he referred were all responsible people, I added that imho 99% of legal gun owners were the upstanding people. So that leaves people who could benefit from pot in a bind. I've had my primary care doctor, spine surgeon and pain management doctor all recommend it but can't legally buy it and if i tested dirty, no more pain meds.

Back
Top Bottom