• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marie...We Hardly Knew You

From boston.com:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...1/st_fleur_withdraws_as_reillys_running_mate/

State Representative Marie St. Fleur today pulled out as a candidate for lieutenant governor after the Boston Globe reported that she has delinquent tax debts in three of the last four years and owes $40,000 in student loans, a senior Democrat said today.

Also, be sure to check out Michael Graham's new grassroots movement, Deadbeats For Reilly.

http://www.deadbeatsforreilly.com/

Edited by LenS-Mod - Cyan isn't visible with some of the theme backgrounds on this forum, thus changed it to Red.

Lt Guv

Skald said:
Man, its nice to see this happening.
I see this as bad news.

I never understood ny Reilly picked her anyhow - the democrats have a virtual lock on the urban voter of color, as well as anyone addicted to a transfer payment rom the government. All the pick of such an obvious sleaze would do it make it harder to get middle class traditionally, but not rabidly, democratic votes. I wonder how a young couple paying off two student loans would feel about voting the democratic ticket with her on it?

While it may feel good to see her go down in flames, it would have been far better to have this story break closed to the election. Reilly now has plenty of time to recover, and this will be a distant memory at the time the polls open.

I agree it would have been nicer, but I don't see him having time to recover from this since odds are that something else would pop its head up. Most likely in the form of yet another example of how corrupt this man is. Voters may be apathetic, but they also don't like seeing a man who only is interested in helping those who help him directly, and voting for him doesn't count.

I haven't seen a MA Democrat this tone deaf since, uh, John Kerry. Wheter it's car insurance reform, the poor dead girls from Sherborn, this, or something else, leave it to Reilly to make the wrong move. He's not only proving that he shouldn't be Governor, but that he shouldn't be AG either.
You can't buy entertainment this good.

Gary

Never underestimate people like Reilly. She's out so he picks somewhite guy apparatchnik, maybe even a gay one. During the campaign the media continually remind everyone of how he tried to pick a woman, a person of color, but the nasty right-wing talk shows and the racist GOP forced he to withdraw from the ticket. That way he gets to disown her flaws, while claiming both of their advantages. (Most of the sheeple will already have forgotten why she actually dropped out.) Thank heaven my son's back up here about an hour away in NH in case I have to get the hell out of here quick.

Ken

(Most of the sheeple will already have forgotten why she actually dropped out.)

Hell, most people aren't even aware of what's going on ! If you think most the general population even knows who is running for what, and what they stand for before they get into the voting booth, you're dreaming.

I'd bet that if you poll the voters coming out of the polls, most would say one of 2 things:

1) I vote for my party no matter what.
2) I only vote for the non imcumbant.

Ask them the positions of any of the candidates and they won't be able to answer.

News like this means something only to those that are interested and care. And that's not the majority of the people, unfortunately.

Pilgrim said:
(Most of the sheeple will already have forgotten why she actually dropped out.)

Hell, most people aren't even aware of what's going on ! If you think most the general population even knows who is running for what, and what they stand for before they get into the voting booth, you're dreaming.

I'd bet that if you poll the voters coming out of the polls, most would say one of 2 things:

1) I vote for my party no matter what.
2) I only vote for the non imcumbant.

Ask them the positions of any of the candidates and they won't be able to answer.

News like this means something only to those that are interested and care. And that's not the majority of the people, unfortunately.

I have a couple of people here at work that are always bitching about the war, and how Bush sucks.

And when I asked them what they thought about this going on in the Democratic party, they looked at me like a deer in headlights.

Then after they started reading the paper, they saw this...TODAY.

So I think that you're right.

A couple of people are work with are Democrats and always vote Democrat. In separate conversations today they both told me that they are going to vote for Kerry Healey. Neither one likes nor trusts Reilly. I have a relative that works for a state senator and he is active in politics. HE thinks Reilly is a terrible candidate.

It wouldn't surprise me if we had another Republican in the corner office next January.

Gary

This just in:

Reilly picks a Brazilian illegal alien for his running mate.This transgendered Islamic "female" is a leader in the Framingham illegal alien community.She is 5 time divorced parent of 8 children from 6 different spouses and currently lives in government sponsored housing in the Framingham community.Un-employed for the past 9 years while she has been undergoing various sex change operations,she has been active in the boycott of any business that sells mens only clothing.

When asked to comment on her pick as a possible LT governor,Ms Espinoza replied " Upon election as the LT governor,I will campaign for all the illegal aliens that have been discriminated against when applying for government assistance".She also added ".... Voting should not be a right of US citizens only,but a right afforded to anybody that came to the US for a better standard of living through foodstamps and Section 8 assistance.Whether they broke laws to get here is irrelevant."

Further she added" It is the responsibility of ALL tax paying US citizens to see that less fortunate people are taken care of financially,and to recieve services that they otherwise could not get in thier own country."

Tom Reilly's official press release stated" Upon my decision to choose Ms Espinoza as my running mate,we can better represent the community of transgendered Islamic fundamentalists that need handouts,and at the same time,make a connection with the non-english speaking constituent".

Greg said:
This just in:

Reilly picks a Brazilian illegal alien for his running mate.This transgendered Islamic "female" is a leader in the Framingham illegal alien community.She is 5 time divorced parent of 8 children from 6 different spouses and currently lives in government sponsored housing in the Framingham community.Un-employed for the past 9 years while she has been undergoing various sex change operations,she has been active in the boycott of any business that sells mens only clothing.

When asked to comment on her pick as a possible LT governor,Ms Espinoza replied " Upon election as the LT governor,I will campaign for all the illegal aliens that have been discriminated against when applying for government assistance".She also added ".... Voting should not be a right of US citizens only,but a right afforded to anybody that came to the US for a better standard of living through foodstamps and Section 8 assistance.Whether they broke laws to get here is irrelevant."

Further she added" It is the responsability of ALL tax paying US citizens to see that less fortunate people are taken care of financially,and to recieve services that they otherwise could not get in thier own country."

Tom Reilly's official press release stated" Upon my decision to choose Ms Espinoza as my running mate,we can better represent the community of transgendered Islamic fundamentalists that need handouts,and at the same time,make a connection with the non-english speaking constituent".

You think that is far fetched ?

Sounds like MA politicians are just as crazy as the NJ politicians I have had to put up with recently, makes me glad I'm moving.

Back
Top Bottom