• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Maricopa County Sheriffs Office Missing 50 NFA Weapons

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
So.

Any time an army company (or troop, battery, whatever) changes command, there’s a 100% layout of all the sensitive items, firearms... every bit of the company property is accounted for by the outgoing and incoming commanders. That way, shortfalls are guaranteed to be addressed and, as importantly, the incoming commander isn’t signing for shit he isn’t certain exists.

This Penzone dude became sheriff, what, a couple years ago? He’s telling us that in all that time, he’s never once done an eyes-on inspection of his arms room? Or, sure, it’s a big department, but his captains and lieutenants haven’t been accounting for these items?nCould he conceivably be that stupid?

I’ll agree with him that Sheriff Joe did some crazy shit in his time, and frankly I wouldn’t be surprised if Arpaio lost track of all fifty guns. But TWO YEARS LATER, you don’t get to keep blaming him for your department’s lack of accountability.

So.

Any time an army company (or troop, battery, whatever) changes command, there’s a 100% layout of all the sensitive items, firearms... every bit of the company property is accounted for by the outgoing and incoming commanders. That way, shortfalls are guaranteed to be addressed and, as importantly, the incoming commander isn’t signing for shit he isn’t certain exists.

This Penzone dude became sheriff, what, a couple years ago? He’s telling us that in all that time, he’s never once done an eyes-on inspection of his arms room? Or, sure, it’s a big department, but his captains and lieutenants haven’t been accounting for these items?nCould he conceivably be that stupid?

I’ll agree with him that Sheriff Joe did some crazy shit in his time, and frankly I wouldn’t be surprised if Arpaio lost track of all fifty guns. But TWO YEARS LATER, you don’t get to keep blaming him for your department’s lack of accountability.

We account for every firearm, ammo, and issued sensitive gear every quarter. It's a PITA, but I guess now I understand.

It’s possible but I doubt it. More likely that either

1. It’s ignorance, not stupidity.
2. He was being intentionally deceived.
3. He was indeed aware,
  • of it being missing
  • how/why it’s missing
  • who took it

Possibly, but none of that matters. It's his department. He's in charge. The buck stops with him. If weapons are missing, it's his fault without any equivocation.

He's a retired city cop; he knows this. And he's had two years to account for these items. The OP's article says he was, indeed, aware of 29 missing firearms, but he only just found out about the other 21?

Lucky thing for him he's elected, and by voters stupid enough to keep falling for Arpaio's stunts. This won't matter to them, either.

Is this the same Sheriff who changed the policy of turning over illegals to ICE that was in place when Sheriff Joe ran the department? After 2 years he just "discovered" this??? Sounds a lot like this is a "political announcement".

Don't they have a friggin file cabinet that has a friggin folder in it that is marked: Friggin Registration forms for all friggin NFA items? A 10 yo could keep track of the inventory. I think that maybe ATF should audit all agencies that have NFA stuff like they do with us 01s and 07s. Jack.

How dare you, sir! They're LEOs. They can't mess up with firearms. They've had Special Training.

So it seems the new guy is a liberal or at least anti conservative. Based on some of the other factors hes likely anti 2a (at least for us peons)... and we are to belive his dept lost track of 30 automatic weapons? Hell why does his department have ANY "weapons of war"? The whole thing sounds like political set up.

They aren't missing, they were "replaced" with these...

iu

Bump Stock!

Wait, they knew they were missing some, but it’s more than they thought? If you knew there were firearms missing wouldn’t you immediately do an inventory to see what and how many were missing?

Maybe an officer just took them and sold them to a dealer. I hear they don’t get prosecuted for that.

The right to keep and bear arms, and they mean keep.

Kinda like someone who wanted to argue what the meaning of is,is.

My thinking is that perhaps as few as one or two people were involved and took one at first. When nothing was said they took another, and another....

I wonder if they were maybe surplus Goverment M16s the department got through the LESO Program.
Many PDs got them and converted them to semi auto, but the forbidden hole remains, so its still a Machine gun.

Back
Top Bottom