• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marianne Griffiths, of Easton, wielded BB gun before shot, killed by officer

Stop trying to cheer me up!

Armed Easton woman killed after officers make wellness check, police say​

Anyone else think these wellness checks are often fatal to the person they're doing a wellness check on?
Not often. We only hear about the small number that go bad.

Local cops and EMTs aren't equipped to deal with people in this type of situation and this officer most likely did what he had to do to keep himself and others safe. Sad to hear but it sounds like she needed a doctors help long before this.

He was holding a flashlight. It was one second from show us your hands to shooting. How can someone comply at that speed?

The OP story. That was suicide by cop. I know insulin levels that are skewed make you worse than drunk. But, it appears this is what she wanted.
IMHO there are far too many 'shoot first, ask questions later' cops out there, albeit mostly in the big cites.

Folks can justify them all they want but they'll still be there shooting people

How many welfare checks do you think police departments do each year? I’d bet they do hundreds of thousands if not millions.

If someone pointed a gun at you, what would you do?
We are all entitled to our opinions sir. I will say I trust the local cops not to shoot me much more than those in urban areas.

We are all entitled to our opinions sir. I will say I trust the local cops not to shoot me much more than those in urban areas.
If you point a gun at the local cops, I expect they will shoot you just as quickly as those in urban areas. In this case, we are talking about Easton, not Boston. I’m guessing that you haven’t been to Easton. I would not call it an urban area — it is suburban / rural.

How many welfare checks do you think police departments do each year? I’d bet they do hundreds of thousands if not millions.

If someone pointed a gun at you, what would you do?
I'm typically one of the first to criticize shitty police behavior but this woman didn't leave them with an option when she pointed a firearm at them.

Stop trying to cheer me up!

Armed Easton woman killed after officers make wellness check, police say​

Anyone else think these wellness checks are often fatal to the person they're doing a wellness check on?

Didja READ the articles, OG???

She took a massive injection of Insulin to attempt suicide. Her son in Ashland calls Easton PD (which is about 8 blocks from her house). They show up. She pulls a gun at the door.

It sure looks like Suicide by Cop. And if I'm right, she's a total ass. I'd revive her and beat her silly then kill her again for pulling that shit.

I'm curious what the cops were supposed to do. "My mom 80 miles away is trying to kill herself." "Sorry, son. We might shoot someone that attacks us, so good luck with that. Call us when she's dead or OK."

Maybe we can send those liberal care-workers that were talked about last year. LOL. At the very least, they'd get shot with a BB gun and maybe get a bad infection. OTOH, there would be times they'd GET SHOT IN THE FACE WITH A REAL GUN.

Nah. Let's let the poe-lease take care of this. I feel bad for the officer for sure.

Strange - I went to school blocks away at Parkview. (Then EJHS and OAHS. . . oh and EMS in the ORIGINAL HS.) A good friend in elementary lived a few blocks away. In THIRD GRADE, you could be a crossing guard back in the day. THIRD FREAKING GRADE!!!!! LOL. And a guy I grajamarated lives a few doors down the incident from what I can gather. My oldest used to babysit his daughter who has to be. . . 15 or so now. When he found out that my then 18yo daughter was watching his 8yo and that he and I grajamarated together, it was a bit of a wake-up call for him. LOL. (And another Eastonite that could never get out of town.)

Back
Top Bottom