• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

March 7th 2020 WILMINGTON, MA Shriners

I don't know why anyone would buy ammo from them unless it was MilSurp stuff that can't be found anywhere else. For common handgun and rifle ammo, I'd hit a LGS first. I bought four boxes of Blazer Brass 115gr 9mm FMJ at FS yesterday. $8.99/box. Aluminum case was about $0.50 less. There is no shortage of ammo right now.

If you’re going for ammo the NY guys were 3\4ths sold out at 2pm. Lots of empty crates and pallets. Big time run on ammo.

Wow, got there today at about 1230, the place was totally dead. They directed me to park half a mile away up the hill, but I just turned around and parked close to the entrance. There was plenty of close parking. A few less tables than usual, most of the same vendors. I picked up a couple of small items, nothing too interesting.

Can covid-19 survive gun show stank?
just douse yourself and friends in ballistol. your finger and toe nails will fall off in a couple of days....but they will grow back. but the virus will be neutralized.
Usually those guys are pretty well stocked the whole weekend..At least they used to be..
maybe they thought attendance would be down? but yeah, you're right. they use to show up in those heavy duty box trucks loaded. when i worked the shows they had the pallet truck moving twice each day to bring in stock from outside.

I doubt it. I doubt they were even close to regional market floor.

The NY guys seemed to always be at market price or a little above , some times a lot above.

A while ago I used to make deals with those guys..Shit like I'll buy 3k rounds of Federal 5.56 if you knock $10 off each case..After the first great political panic buying frenzy, they stopped. The the NY guy just stood there with his arms crossed, the price was the price. I tried to deal with him one time for 10 battle packs of SA 308 , no deal..I just walked away and never bought anything from him again..This was like 2007 or 2008 I think.

The NY guys seemed to always be at market price or a little above , some times a lot above.

A while ago I used to make deals with those guys..Shit like I'll buy 3k rounds of Federal 5.56 if you knock $10 off each case..After the first great political panic buying frenzy, they stopped. The the NY guy just stood there with his arms crossed, the price was the price. I tried to deal with him one time for 10 battle packs of SA 308 , no deal..I just walked away and never bought anything from him again..This was like 2007 or 2008 I think.
Yeah they used to track market, then they got drunk off the obamascares and lazy MA consumers and got more aggressive about pricing, especially once there were less ammo vendors at the shows. At least when there were 2-3 big vendors at every show you could get one to play ball....

Got there a little before noon. For the first time EVER, I parked in the lot directly in front of the entrance. Aisles have been widened and towards the right alot of empty space. Bought a holster and a couple of mags. As I was leaving, it was getting a little busier, nothing great.

Prices were all over the place. Saw the Ruger Wrangler going from $205 to $249, which is still more that Four Seasons regular price

Last edited:
Got there at 10am...Parked right in-front, typically I'm a Saturday guy, so I can't speak to how busy Sundays are, but it felt light. I've always had to park in one of the business on Forham Rd, but it was a ghost town.

Got a few things, nothing crazy. As always breezed by the multiple tables of knives and old milsurp junk. Not to be a negative Nancy but this could be my last show, sure its fun to walk around and see an occasional rarity, but its certainly easier and almost definitely cheaper to shop and support a local shop or go online, always go with no to low expectations and always leave unimpressed.

Got there at 10am...Parked right in-front, typically I'm a Saturday guy, so I can't speak to how busy Sundays are, but it felt light. I've always had to park in one of the business on Forham Rd, but it was a ghost town.

Got a few things, nothing crazy. As always breezed by the multiple tables of knives and old milsurp junk. Not to be a negative Nancy but this could be my last show, sure its fun to walk around and see an occasional rarity, but its certainly easier and almost definitely cheaper to shop and support a local shop or go online, always go with no to low expectations and always leave unimpressed.
Did a drive by. Around noon time, parking no issue. Interesting 45 70 Pedersoli, but out of my price range. Wife bought a T-Shirt. It was fun, a day out of the house.... Was heating up as we left around 1ish.

I was there around 11a and like others, parked up front and the event was lightly attended at that time. I was looking for a 20 gauge shotgun for my son but wasn’t impressed with the prices or selection. It was cool to walk around and look at stuff but in the end, bought nothing. I did see a guy spend $1,100 on a complete A2 lower. Seeing that just reminded me what a crappy state I live in

Yeah they used to track market, then they got drunk off the obamascares and lazy MA consumers and got more aggressive about pricing, especially once there were less ammo vendors at the shows. At least when there were 2-3 big vendors at every show you could get one to play ball....

Target Sports USA should send a few pallets up for those too afraid of mail-order. Might be a great way of putting cost-effective bulk ammo in the hands of the masses...

Pro-tip: A tiny dab of Vicks in each nostril ALMOST neutralizes the Gevenva Convention violation strength B.O.

Seriously though, it's like certain people just want to troll gun shows by not showering or doing laundry for a month and walking around stinking like they just swam in the worst parts of the Ganges river.

B&K had a nice collection of M1 carbines (Winchester/Saginaw/IBM/Underwood) new to them from an estate. Pack and Postal was there with Black powder / edged weapons. Tried to barter on ammo cans....wouldn't budge at all. Took the family to lunch with the money I didn't spend.

Best sight was the P226 mags 15+2 (17 rds)....... Inside the packaging marked PREBAN...... must have manufactured by physics.

Should ask him if he has a license to sell ammunition in Mass . . . See what he does next

Back
Top Bottom