March 7th 2020 WILMINGTON, MA Shriners

ChrisNH

Dealer
NES Member
Shriners Auditorium in Wilmington, MA March 7-8, 2020. 9-5 Saturday 9-3 Sunday. This is usually a good show.

$1 off coupon but what does it cost to get in the door?
  • Saturday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
  • Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
1583513227526.png

I'll probably go and walk around on Sunday, not expecting much, currently on a half-assed hunt for a new AR or lower/upper so my hopes aren't high. I'll wash my hands after.

I'll probably go and walk around on Sunday, not expecting much, currently on a half-assed hunt for a new AR or lower/upper so my hopes aren't high. I'll wash my hands after.
Well, I was planning on going, but I have to weigh the odds of finding something good against the possibility that someone there has contracted the virus and doesn't even know it. [thinking] This damn thing seems awfully contagious and I'm also in the highest risk category... i.e., an old fool with myriad "pre-existing conditions." [crying]

that place?

Whatever is floating around through the scented air of that gunshow has nothing to fear from covid 19.

You're a little bit behind the times Len. [laugh] It was raised to $13.00 last fall. [thumbsup]
Not surprised. Carole likes to jack the price up each year. I haven't been to one of her shows since we did the membership drives at the Foxboro shows for Mansfield F&G (~4 yrs ago) and since we had a table there, I didn't pay so I paid no attention to the cost.

Not surprised. Carole likes to jack the price up each year. I haven't been to one of her shows since we did the membership drives at the Foxboro shows for Mansfield F&G (~4 yrs ago) and since we had a table there, I didn't pay so I paid no attention to the cost.
Hey, the people keep coming and the lines outside and the lousy parking situation are proof. Carole is making money for certain.

But I think this weekend's Wilmington show could set a new low with this hideous coronavirus thang hanging over us. [thinking]

Might go Sunday. This show has been shrinking since the 2016 diktat, but its still a decent way to spend an afternoon wandering around and looking at stuff. Ymmv. I hadn't really thought of the covid angle. Luckily the show is small enough now that staying six feet away from others would be easy. :rolleyes:

IIRC last year it was $12/pp. Probably she'll increase it to $13 this year.

i've been to gun shows all over the country and not seen entry fees of $12 except around here. while i would like to support the wilmington gun show, it's a rip off considering the moderate size and inventory of the show. it's prohibitive especially for a family. in the past I've dropped $22 (w stupid coupon) for my wife and i to walk around. not worth it. they should charge no more than $8 or so.

I was there when they open the doors, lines where long. Found what I wanted but had no money on me so back to Lowell to raid my private account. When I got back I had to park up on the hill, the place was packed. First three guys ahead where either denied or had a waiting period, I was lucky it went though no problems. Now to clean and tomorrow I shoot.

an old fool with myriad "pre-existing conditions." [crying]
i hear that, me too. i was going but cancelled last week. that show ain't that good anyway but to take a chance dying over it..... bet the jerky guy stays home.

Back
Top Bottom