March 14th National school walkout

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Best thing people could do is to ignore this dumb shit.....

Lets not forget that this is the generation that has brought us the tide challenge.........seen young people do some really dumb shit in the past but an epidemic of kids that think its a "Good Idea" to eat laundry detergent tops it
As funny as this trope is/was, using this for legitimate discussion is just shooting yourself in the foot.

The Tide Pod challenge was probably a handful of idiots on the internet and it got blown out of proportion by the media, (oh jeez - there is a surprise) because it resonated so well with older generations. Thinking a majority of these kids are a bunch of Tide eating idiots or this new political wave is a fad is letting yourself underestimate the opposition. When they grow up and can vote (or be organized by someone who didn't write them off, like now); it is going to hurt that much more if they win. If we ignore this and let this grow and we WILL have a generation of seriously hard-line Antis.

My generation had "butt-chugging" which probably one moronic high school kid and it was all over the news because "Kids these days....." I met some seriously dumb people in my life, and not even they were dumb enough to try drinking booze through their ass. Same with these tide pods. Every generation had the fad the kids with half a brain did, only difference this time is the media saturation.

What a great life awaits these children! Obama allowed them to become dependent on their parents' insurances all the way to 26, Trump would like them to purchase guns at 21, and if they will keep walking out, he may even consider banning violent video games together with provocative yoga pants. Teachers support their walk outs which will be eventually used against them (what else is new?).

We can all trust this brave future generation. If Putin will decide to attack us our brave military age activists will simply walk out from this country to Canada!
I don't see the problem with that (outside of war with Russia) they would have not be helpful anyway, and we won't have to let them back in! We'd lose millions of whiners that were dead weight anyway. Only people affected would be the soy and skinny-jean industries. Although now that I'm thinking of it.... the line at the coffee places would get longer without all these baristas...

amm5061

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Saw on the news that they are planning to march to Bacon Hill now that classes are all canceled. Any bets that this turns out like a Killary rally? 15 people and then the media photoshops in the rest of the crowd and claims thousands?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oprah said these kids remind her of the Civil Rights heroes, On the contrary my fat friend. Those people were fighting FOR Constitutional Rights that were being denied, these kids are fighting to DENY Constitutional Rights that have been given, not the same you fat f***.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little queef boy Hogg was just on the loser news looking as fake as ever. Today's his big day, working for Bloomturd that is

PATRON

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 99%
94   1   1
I wonder how many kids will be carrying for the walk out in Boston? Marty Walsh was talking about it last night,we are closing school for the kids safety,but if you have to go to the anti gun rally the T is running.

ToddDubya

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
If they cancel the walkout because school is canceled, it shows they don't care that much about it. "Oh noes, it's too snowy to walk on a sidewalk."

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
As funny as this trope is/was, using this for legitimate discussion is just shooting yourself in the foot.

The Tide Pod challenge was probably a handful of idiots on the internet and it got blown out of proportion by the media, (oh jeez - there is a surprise) because it resonated so well with older generations. Thinking a majority of these kids are a bunch of Tide eating idiots or this new political wave is a fad is letting yourself underestimate the opposition. When they grow up and can vote (or be organized by someone who didn't write them off, like now); it is going to hurt that much more if they win. If we ignore this and let this grow and we WILL have a generation of seriously hard-line Antis.

My generation had "butt-chugging" which probably one moronic high school kid and it was all over the news because "Kids these days....." I met some seriously dumb people in my life, and not even they were dumb enough to try drinking booze through their ass. Same with these tide pods. Every generation had the fad the kids with half a brain did, only difference this time is the media saturation.
The politics of this is in fact a fad as it has been for every generation prior....reality eventually asserts itself and these "Kids" are forced to get out of mommy's basement and get a job.....and unfortunately the tide pod generation does appear to be dumber than many previous in terms of scope and severity of some of the dumb shit they enguage in......they are also as a whole the least socially capable/lack inter personal skills.....how many times have you walked into a theatre/public place and there are a group of "friends" sitting there texting and not interacting with the people next to them

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Little queef boy Hogg was just on the loser news looking as fake as ever. Today's his big day, working for Bloomturd that is

Don't worry, you'll get to see him next week at the Kennedy Center...he's going on tour.

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
If they cancel the walkout because school is canceled, it shows they don't care that much about it. "Oh noes, it's too snowy to walk on a sidewalk."
Huh?

If school is cancelled, there’s nothing for them to walk out of... it’s not the snow. The whole point of the “protest” is that they’re shutting schools down.

Reportedly, the kids at some schools are feeling let down by the weather. Boo-hoo. No doubt Arlington and Lexington will have grief counselors on-site tomorrow.

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Huh?

If school is cancelled, there’s nothing for them to walk out of... it’s not the snow. The whole point of the “protest” is that they’re shutting schools down.

Reportedly, the kids at some schools are feeling let down by the weather. Boo-hoo. No doubt Arlington and Lexington will have grief counselors on-site tomorrow.
They'll blame the snow on global warming tomorrow.......

Mark from MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
My kids principal was actually very fair about it. He got the kids together last week and said this walkout is NOT an apolitical event since its origins are with a political group. Therefore he asked the student council to come up with a fair solution and have it in his desk by last Friday

They came up with the following of which any student is free to pick which they attend.

Antigun voices will meet in room A and discuss for 15 minutes

Progun voices can meet in Room B and discuss for 15 minutes

There will be a 17 minute Apolitical moment of silence in the auditorium

Those who chose not to attend anything may go to the cafeteria

I thought this was reasonable and fair and kudos to the principal. Note that the area is very pro gun. As are most of the children in school, this is not Cambridge out here and likely there were a lot of parents that were probably up his A$$ about this event. So defering to the students may have been his way of taking the heat off of himself as well from both sides.

Last edited:

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
My kids principal was actually very fair about it. He got the kids together last week and said this walkout is NOT an apolitical event since its origins are with a political group. Therefore he asked the student council to come up with a fair solution and have it in his desk by last Friday

They came up with the following of which any student is free to pick which they attend.

Antigun voices will meet in room A and discuss for 15 minutes

Progun voices can meet in Room B and discuss for 15 minutes

There will be a 17 minute Apolitical moment of silence in the auditorium

Those who chose not to attend anything may go to the cafeteria

I thought this was reasonable and fair and kudos to the principal. Note that the area is very pro gun. As are most of the children in school, this is not Cambridge out here and likely there were a lot of parents that were probably up his A$$ about this event. So defering to the students may have been his way of taking the heat off of himself as well from both sides.
The principal where I teach did something similar.

The problem? Those kinds of principals tend to do their job and shut up. Meaning the leftist media-whore “educators” who aren’t shy about politicizing the classroom are the ones who get to control the narrative.

dhuze

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
An island surrounded by land on three sides
Funny how the school administrators are trying to pass this off as a "non-political protest against violence" but the mainstream media is touting it as a "Walkout for more gun control"
The media outlets have been promoting the shit out of this, and it wouldn't surprise me if they started the whole idea.

We should have a "go to school" protest to promote firearms safety. We all show up at schools and walk through the corridors.

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The media outlets have been promoting the shit out of this, and it wouldn't surprise me if they started the whole idea.

We should have a "go to school" protest to promote firearms safety. We all show up at schools and walk through the corridors.
Its a soros/bloomberg backed event.....not kidding either

LuvDog

NES Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
The superintendent of our school tweeted a photo and said he was proud of the students. How about a tweet about consequences for walking out of school? I’m pretty sure that’s against the rules

Top Bottom