• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Manslaughter charges filed after kill shot fired 8 minutes post invasion. Wild story out of chesterfield MA.

I'm not sure a judge would be much better.

With a jury, you only need to convince one out of 12.

So long story short one jury I was on involving drug dealing when it came to deliberations one person felt that the guy was not guilty and she stuck to her guns. But in the jury room it's 11 against 1 and she whittled down until she voted guilty.

So long story short one jury I was on involving drug dealing when it came to deliberations one person felt that the guy was not guilty and she stuck to her guns. But in the jury room it's 11 against 1 and she whittled down until she voted guilty.

Yeah, I know that's how it often goes.

But it doesn't have to go that way.

Hopefully a judge who understands the law. That's not to say that a judge can't be biased but around these parts trusting your life to the far left is problematic.
In that case, if the facts are as the DA has claimed, then the judge will rule that Camp is guilty of at least manslaughter.

In that case, if the facts are as the DA has claimed, then the judge will rule that Camp is guilty of at least manslaughter.

This.

IF the DA's facts are what they seem to be? The law's pretty clear on what would have to happen, regardless of the judge's feelz.

Hopefully a judge who understands the law. That's not to say that a judge can't be biased but around these parts trusting your life to the far left is problematic.
The judge will be left democrat. Jury will be far left ultra progressive democrats. Murder cases end up in Superior Court where judges are usually very knowledgeable re. law but...the law is not black and white and deciding questions of fact is jumping on the roulette wheel, judge or jury.

That's precisely how I'll be behaving for the next several years. In jail. Which is where I'll expect to go if I summarily execute someone.

You're ignoring where I said I'm not shedding a tear for this guy. But I live in the real world, not the one where I "should be able to" do the right thing without consequences. Good luck doing it your way.

That's why I'm not getting hung up about the time. 8 seconds, 8 minutes, or 8 hours, that don't matter to me. If the perp's not a threat anymore, I stop shooting.

YMMV.
Sometimes you have to take one for the team.
If it kept the people I love safe , I'll do every day for the rest of my life in jail.

I might buy that. I'm not sure I'd trust a jury to.
And that's the rub.
We have a new breed of scumbag that is so broken the life of others is meaningless. They cannot be reasoned with, are unfixable and are not deterred by the justice system but our government believes they should be allowed to roam freely among us.
Don't know if the perp fits into that category but it's likely nowhere near his first home invasion rodeo.

Sometimes you have to take one for the team.
If it kept the people I love safe , I'll do every day for the rest of my life in jail.

But that's the point. IF the situation the DA presented to the grand jury is how it actually went down? The people you love already were safe. You already did keep them safe, with the first shot.

If anything, now that you're in legal jeopardy, the people you love are actually LESS safe. Because now, you're probably going to jail for the second shot.

The law doesn’t allow you to shoot someone for what they might do at sometime in the future.
No it does not.
In this state many times for what they are doing at the moment as well.
The law will not be there to help you when he comes back next time either , better prepared .

This.

IF the DA's facts are what they seem to be? The law's pretty clear on what would have to happen, regardless of the judge's feelz.
The government is allowed and self encouraged to lie to the public in order to poison the jury pool.
I tend to believe very little of what the DA's report to the press.

No it does not.
In this state many times for what they are doing at the moment as well.
The law will not be there to help you when he comes back next time either , better prepared .

But the grand jury didn't indict on the first shot, unless I missed something?

Even in MA, that first shot was probably good.

But that's the point. IF the situation the DA presented to the grand jury is how it actually went down? The people you love already were safe. You already did keep them safe, with the first shot.

If anything, now that you're in legal jeopardy, the people you love are actually LESS safe. Because now, you're probably going to jail for the second shot.
My point being , chances are if this guy lives they may never be safe .
Stalkers are a different breed , many times they will not stop until they are stopped.
Reread post 110.
That was not a one off outlier . Stuff like that happens all the time.
You read it and see it all the time hence the many discussions here about the useless R.O.s

My point being , chances are if this guy lives they may never be safe .
Stalkers are a different breed , many times they will not stop until they are stopped.
Reread post 110.
That was not a one off outlier . Stuff like that happens all the time.
You read it and see it all the time hence the many discussions here about the useless R.O.s

I understand all that, but we've already discussed this. The law just plain doesn't allow you to execute people for things they haven't done yet. Whether you want it to or not.

I don’t like the fact he has to surrender all his firearms and is prohibited from being in a house with firearms. I thought it’s supposed to be innocent until proven guilty

I understand all that, but we've already discussed this. The law just plain doesn't allow you to execute people for things they haven't done yet. Whether you want it to or not.
Of course it doesn't .
If the "Law" had it's way you would be unarmed without so much as a blunt object to defend you and yours.
If your first thought in a situation like this is a picture in your head of someone like Healy scowling and waging a finger in disapproval , you're doing it wrong.

The judge will be left democrat. Jury will be far left ultra progressive democrats. Murder cases end up in Superior Court where judges are usually very knowledgeable re. law but...the law is not black and white and deciding questions of fact is jumping on the roulette wheel, judge or jury.
I just spent a complete day in jury selection in Ma Superior Court (terrible)
Drug case with guns
They went though 60 people and picked 3/4 females (older) and 1/4 males young. (college age)
All white. The guy had a Italian name but was something bordering white
They asked how the people felt about drugs (fentanyl) and how they felt about firearms (he has charge with carrying without an LTC and Ammo without an LTC) (--- Not a crime IMO
The defense was trying hard during the process, the prosecution was passive but from what I read about the case after it looked like a easy case for the state
Anyone know how I can see the results of the case? I googled but can't find

Camp should have taken Mas Ayoob's MAG-40 Class (previously known as LFI-1)

also

As for hiring expert witnesses - hire Mas Ayoob.

You can also hire Andrew Branca who will work with your attorney to formulate a defense.

People get shot in the back all the time and the above experts have testified in court to acquit people who have been charged with that.

There are many reasons this may have been lawful.

If Camp can not pay for his defense by hiring some good lawyers and experts he might have to cop a plea.

If his gun was a SIG - he should have an easy defense since those guns are knows for firing themselves.

For all we know, Camp may have been holding the stalker at gun point and the stalker tried to take his gun away. A struggle ensued and the stalker was shot in the back of the head while wrestling the gun from Camp.

If his gun was a SIG - he should have an easy defense since those guns are knows for firing themselves.

For goodness sakes stop repeating this nonsense. In the unlikely event this was caused by an accidental discharge it is STILL manslaughter.

Tell that to Alec.
Alec Baldwin had his gun furnished to him by 1) an armorer and 2) an assistant director who told him the gun was safe. While I don’t agree with the decision of the NM prosecutor, that situation was materially different.

So, is the lesson learned here that you dial 911, tell them to come quick you are afraid for your life and then hang up despite them telling to stay on the line ?

A variation on "don't talk to the police" ?

You can also hire Andrew Branca who will work with your attorney to formulate a defense.
I believe Branca no longer accepts clients after a shooting and has moved to only working for people who have his pre-paid memberships before a shooting.

Back
Top Bottom