Mansfield on Fox News, Saturday I think...

wpr2004 said:
Our local FOX affiliate has treated GOAL and The GOAL Foundation events with the utmost respect. Anchor Susan Tran presented a totally positive report on a Women on Target event at Lowell a few years ago. She has since gone shooting with me off camera and is quite the shot.

Wouldn't it be great to film our local shoots and show them on our local cable channels? We wouldn't have to worry about dishonests editors with hatchets.

Jon Green
GOAL

I'm glad to hear that they did a fair job. Not all of them are rotten. But beware of stock footage. That stuff they film and be cut together in an urelated story.

Cable access is a great way to reach people.

B

My wife and I saw the episode on FOX25 News this morning. It was hyped a couple of times during the ZipTrip sessions when they profiled Fresh Catch and Dubs. The only negative part that I saw was when the reporter wore an old farmers hat prior to the CAS session at MF&GPA even then he was making fun of the traffic reporter. The reporting on CAS was straight forward and about 2 or 3 minutes. They did interject a couple of scenes from "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly (I think) during the segment.

I forgot about that. Let me grab it off the DVR and post it.

Its a half a gig, let me cut it down and I will put it on my website. Should take only a little while to convert. I used the high def broadcast, but its shot on the older cameras. So there will be black bars.

Last edited:
I thought it was pretty good. The anchors didn't comment on it and the Clint Eastwood stuff was fine IMHO. Looked like fun I have yet try a single action six shooter. Makes me want to get one.

It is a positive segment. I should have a file link posted this weekend. got distracted last night by kids, and today I am distracted with good weather.

Unless I or someone I trust knows the reporter really well; I wouldn’t trust them at 1000 yds.

Even if you do, do you know the editors? Because they have the power to twist the facts at will.

I am sure there are friendly news editors out there. But there are none at the national level, and since I don't personally know the local ones I assume they are hostile and treat them as such.

http://imhz.com/c-pher.mpg

Hefty in size, I had a problem transcoding from HD and never tried to convert to mpg. Its 50mb. Uploading now, so It may be a while before the link works. Let me know if its plays. I will take another stab at it later.

http://imhz.com/c-pher.mpg

Hefty in size, I had a problem transcoding from HD and never tried to convert to mpg. Its 50mb. Uploading now, so It may be a while before the link works. Let me know if its plays. I will take another stab at it later.

Definitely doesn't want to stream. If you right click the link you can click "Save Target As" and download the file and play off your system.

Definitely doesn't want to stream. If you right click the link you can click "Save Target As" and download the file and play off your system.

Still not playing right for me. I'm only getting the left half of the vid.

VLC is what I use at home, Its what I used to convert it. But it seems to work on My Media Player at work. Must be a newer version needed for some Codec

It might be that the download was corrupt. I just downloaded it on my wife's XP machine and played it with WMP 10 without any trouble.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom