Mansfield on Fox News, Saturday I think...

Ok, so it seems that Fox 25 is going to do a segment on Mansfield.

And, with that, one of the things that they want to do is a spot on Mansfield F&G Cowboy shooters.

So, at 11:00-11:30 on this Saturday they are going to come and shoot some video of us all dressed up and walking through a stage or two.

Not sure if they are going to run it on Saturday or some other day. I don't think that we'll know until they show up.

But I would think that it's going to be ran on Saturday. Unless they are planning a Zip Trip the following Friday.

Anyway, keep an eye out on Saturday just in case...

You might see my mug on the news dressed up and playing Cowboy!

OH, and if anyone wants to come out and check it out, you're more than welcome to come and watch. You don't have to be a member. Hell, we might even let you run through a stage and try it out.

Just bring eyes and ears if you do...

[rofl2]

Cowboysillyautograph.jpg

Friday 11-Aug. Fox 25 will be broadcasting their zip trip segment from Mansfield.

C-pher: I am sure I don't have to tell you this, but be very careful around those people, the morning news crew is not gun friendly. The 2 women anchors Kim, and "Q" as well as Gene( who may as well be a soccer mom) Have the same attitude towards guns and shooters that we have come to expect from the Boston media. I suspect this segment will be shown in a way to make you guys look bad, and give the "intellectually superior" anchors something to use to make fun of you guys.

On the other hand Cindy, the meteorologist is so damm cute.

swatmedic said:
Friday 11-Aug. Fox 25 will be broadcasting their zip trip segment from Mansfield.

C-pher: I am sure I don't have to tell you this, but be very careful around those people, the morning news crew is not gun friendly. The 2 women anchors Kim, and "Q" as well as Gene( who may as well be a soccer mom) Have the same attitude towards guns and shooters that we have come to expect from the Boston media. I suspect this segment will be shown in a way to make you guys look bad, and give the "intellectually superior" anchors something to use to make fun of you guys.

On the other hand Cindy, the meteorologist is so damm cute.

Yea, our President is family with the Mansfield Cheif of Police IIRC...and also a Cowboy shooter.

It's already been said that if they start making this other than what it is, he will make a phone call...

So, we'll see. We are a tad apprehensive, but are willing to be open minded and hope for the best.

Come on down Saturday...we'll be there setting up and doing some shooting before they get there about 8 am.

Come on down Saturday...we'll be there setting up and doing some shooting before they get there about 8 am

I would like to come and check this out, but the Pan Mass challenge is this weekend, and I am one of the medical crew leaders, so i will be busy on Saturday. I do want to come and watch one of your matches

It's already been said that if they start making this other than what it is, he will make a phone call...

The bias and the spin wont be evident until the piece is edited and presented. Just watch the look of utter contempt that will be on the face of Kim and "Q" when they talk about your activities

swatmedic said:
The bias and the spin wont be evident until the piece is edited and presented. Just watch the look of utter contempt that will be on the face of Kim and "Q" when they talk about your activities

I'm sure that they will do some setup from the background. When whoever it is talking, we can here what she says...(I hope)

If she starts out like...

"We're here at MF&G where wackos are dressing up like cowboys because they can't seem to let go of thier youth."

I think at that point, someone would ask them to leave. LOL!

Should we post the poster at the clubhouse?

Chris,

Get poster. You should get some copies and we can put them up around the clubhouse before FOX shows up.[rofl]

I would NEVER allow the media to interview, film, or photograph me with firearms. I would NEVER agree to let them into my club.

In fact, I have been approached by the media a few times during my ten years in uniform and I have rejected them every single time.

They cannot be trusted.

Jose said:
I would NEVER allow the media to interview, film, or photograph me with firearms. I would NEVER agree to let them into my club.

In fact, I have been approached by the media a few times during my ten years in uniform and I have rejected them every single time.

They cannot be trusted.

I agree with you completely!

swatmedic said:

I don't trust the media either, but even they don't routinely beat up
on recreational shooting. I mean look at the whole kerry hunting
thing.

On the other hand, if this was covering a self defense course.... forget
it.... I'd tell the cameras to GTFO, because they'd spin the crap out of
that one.

Well, if I was in a free state, it would be different. I saw a news report
from SC or someplace where some "young republicans" group was raffling
off a semi AK clone, and the controversy it created. The report was pretty
fair overall, they gave the wacko anti-retards some time, but also gave
the people who were raffling off the gun some time... and any person with
even a fair amount of comprehension wouldn't have drawn a "bad" inference
from it, except maybe people who were deep seated against guns to
begin with.

-Mike

drgrant said:
I don't trust the media either, but even they don't routinely beat up on recreational shooting.
How do you think most of the media would cover a recreational shooting event like the CMP National Trophy Rifle Matches where thousands of "civilians" are in a military base, shooting "high-powered cop-killer assault weapons" and training to be "snipers" (because we dare to shoot accurately at up to 600 yards)? [thinking]

Like I said, I would not welcome anyone from any media outlet at any shooting function where I had the power to keep them out.

It went suprisingly well. The guy was really nice and even went through the stages with us. Most of it was just him filming us in our outfits, and some of us going through the stages...

Then they did an interview with Alan and pretty much he just talked about how CAS got started and who comes to the shoots...kids, women and the like. They did get a lot of footage of the women that were there doing some shooting. So that was good...

We'll see...I set my DVR to catch it.

Jose said:

They cannot be trusted.

Jose,

Many years ago a local Boston station came to WSA in Woburn and talked up a nice story and got to film some of the Juniors - said they were doing a nice piece about youth shooting. They then proceeded to do a vicious hatchet job with cutting from video of kids with Anschutz rifles - to exploding watermelons and Uzis and AKs.

Same think happened at Perry years ago when Klinton was on a rampage about the DCM. The F***in weasels sent an ABC sports van to take video at Perry, and then they did a hatchet job on the DCM with the same type of exploding watermelon crap.

Unless I or someone I trust knows the reporter really well; I wouldn’t trust them at 1000 yds.

B

drgrant said:
I don't trust the media either, but even they don't routinely beat up
on recreational shooting. I mean look at the whole kerry hunting
thing.

The whole Kerry thing was a cynical attempt by Kerry and the media to make him look appealing to hunters. The idea was to convince them that Kerry was only against "bad" guns, not hunting weapons. Same thing Clinton did, but Clinton did it better.

Look at the Cheney accident, that's more how the media treats gun owners on a routine basis.

I watch Fox 25 morning news a bit each day. I'm afraid that the segment will be used to make jokes at the shooter's expense. I hope not, but Fox generally goes for the laugh or the shock value, depending on which will work better.

Gary

Our local FOX affiliate has treated GOAL and The GOAL Foundation events with the utmost respect. Anchor Susan Tran presented a totally positive report on a Women on Target event at Lowell a few years ago. She has since gone shooting with me off camera and is quite the shot.

Wouldn't it be great to film our local shoots and show them on our local cable channels? We wouldn't have to worry about dishonests editors with hatchets.

Jon Green
GOAL

wpr2004 said:
Our local FOX affiliate has treated GOAL and The GOAL
Wouldn't it be great to film our local shoots and show them on our local cable channels? We wouldn't have to worry about dishonests editors with hatchets.

Jon Green
GOAL
You wouldn't have to worry about people (except for GOAL fans who are already sympathetic to our cause) watching the show either if you ran it on community access cable.

Back
Top Bottom