Mansfield (MA) F&G Protective Assn

I'll be re-upping at Mansfield this year. I've been a member almost 30 years, and now isn't the time to walk away from the club. I can at least give it my membership support and my best wishes.

I'm not happy with the politics that goes on in ANY club, but I stay a member of Mansfield despite the politics, not because of them.

Whats the deal with this place? I am about to let my membership at Taunton lapse because it is just to far of a drive for me. Mansfield is about twenty minutes closer. Can anyone take me on a tour of the outdoor ranges? I understand the indoor range is non existent, I do not care I would rather shoot outdoors anyways.

Whats the deal with this place? I am about to let my membership at Taunton lapse because it is just to far of a drive for me. Mansfield is about twenty minutes closer. Can anyone take me on a tour of the outdoor ranges? I understand the indoor range is non existent, I do not care I would rather shoot outdoors anyways.

Contact me via Email off my username and I'd be happy to show you around and let you shoot as my guest.

Mansfield Fish & Game Protective Association, Inc.

Minutes of Membership Meeting

January 2, 2013

Call to Order

Meeting called to order by Mr. Sitte at 1902hrs.

Pledge of Allegiance

All present joined in the Pledge of Allegiance.

Reading and Acceptance of Minutes of Last Members Meeting

Motion: Mr. XXXXX, Mr. XXXXX waived reading of the minutes of the December 5, 2012 meeting that were previously distributed electronically and accept as written.

New Member Recommendations

XXXXXXXXXX- Mr. XXXXXs background is in Information Technology and he enjoys various hobbies. Motion: Mr. XXXX, Mr. XXXX, - accept Mr. XXXX into the Association. Carried Unanimously

XXXXXXXXXXXX - Mr. XXXXXX's background is in software development. His son is involved in competitive shooting and he would like to begin casually shooting with his son. Motion: Mr. XXXXXX and Mr. XXXXXX - accept Mr. XXXXXX into the Association. Carried Unanimously

XXXXXXXXx- Mrs. XXXXXXX is an accountant, recently completed a NRA pistol course and would like to continue to improve her skills. Motion: Mr. XXXX and Mr.XXXX accept Mrs. XXXXX into the Association. Carried Unanimously

XXXXXXXX - Mr. XXXXXXX's background is in Information Systems Manager. He recently completed a NRA pistol course and would like to continue to improve his skills. Motion: Mr. XXX and Mr. XXXX accept Mr. XXXXX into the Association. Carried Unanimously

XXXXXX - Mr. XXXXX is a software architect and he enjoys various hobbies. Motion: Mr. XXXXand Mr. XXX accept Mr. XXXXX into the Association. Carried Unanimously

Mr. Mark Fay - Mr. Fay is in sales and he enjoys various hobbies. Motion: Mr. XXXX and Mr. XXXX accept Mr. Fay into the Association. Carried Unanimously

[smile]

Last edited:
Did you have to go to 2 meetings or just the one? I live 1/4 mile from there and have been trying to join but with 3 kids it never fails something is going on when they meet.

I didn't want to post anybodies name without their consent

I understand and you did the right thing, just thought my comment was funny.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you have to go to 2 meetings or just the one? I live 1/4 mile from there and have been trying to join but with 3 kids it never fails something is going on when they meet.

I want to join also but I have a job where I would have to be available 24/7 and to be able to make a meeting I would have to take 2 days off to insure that I would not be scheduled to work.

Applicants are asked to attend the BOD and then members meeting. However due to issues like yours, it's perfectly acceptable to just attend the members meeting. Also since all meetings are held at Mansfield Public Library and you only need to stay for a few minutes, if you have school-aged children who can be by themselves in the Library for a short while, you could bring them, go to the meeting for a few to get voted in and then join the kids in the Library. You will need to connect up with the purser to take a photo for the ID (maybe do this before the meeting begins?).

Applicants are asked to attend the BOD and then members meeting. However due to issues like yours, it's perfectly acceptable to just attend the members meeting. Also since all meetings are held at Mansfield Public Library and you only need to stay for a few minutes, if you have school-aged children who can be by themselves in the Library for a short while, you could bring them, go to the meeting for a few to get voted in and then join the kids in the Library. You will need to connect up with the purser to take a photo for the ID (maybe do this before the meeting begins?).

this,
I origionally thought i was going to have to attend 2 meetings 1 to present my paper work and the next to be voted in, all was done in one meeting, I stayed for the whole meeting but could have bounced after probably 15 minutes

Why not go to Walpole Sportsman, or Westwood gun club. Both close to you.

Also try Holbrook, very nice facilities, Mansfield to my knowledge still only has the ranges open, no club house for the use of facilities or to get warm during the cold months.

Before I get dinged by MFG folks I am only letting folks know that since the club house is not open due to the snow damage two years ago if they are looking for a club with indoor plumbing etc. the building is not yet ready. I could be wrong on the buildings status.

Last edited:
I am interested in joining mansfield as it is located just across 495 from my house. How do you get a sponsor or is it not needed on the application?

I am interested in joining mansfield as it is located just across 495 from my house. How do you get a sponsor or is it not needed on the application?

DL and fill out the application and waiver forms from the website www.mansfieldfish.com and bring it to a BOD meeting (9/25) at Mansfield Public Library, then show up at the regular meeting on 10/2 to be voted in by the general membership. Don't worry about a sponsor, that'll get taken care of at the meeting.

definetly looking into joining this club i havent heard nothing at all negative only good i have my form filled out and im hoping i will be able to get a sitter for the kids by the time the next club meeting is going on

DL and fill out the application and waiver forms from the website www.mansfieldfish.com and bring it to a BOD meeting (9/25) at Mansfield Public Library, then show up at the regular meeting on 10/2 to be voted in by the general membership. Don't worry about a sponsor, that'll get taken care of at the meeting.

Went to the meeting last night and was recommended to the membership. Hopefully I get voted in Wednesday. The board seemed like a good group of people.

I will be there. I am six foot five so I stand out. My name is Erik.

Erik, nice to meet you but sorry I didn't get a chance to really talk with you. The place was packed and I had to talk with a number of people but you could have hung with us as none were private discussions.

Welcome to the club.

Erik, nice to meet you but sorry I didn't get a chance to really talk with you. The place was packed and I had to talk with a number of people but you could have hung with us as none were private discussions.

Welcome to the club.

Nice to meet you as well Len. I am sure we will talk more at future meetings.

I just help to unload 80 target stands from troop 51 at MFG and they are assembling new tables at the 100 yard. Go buy a xmass tree from them. Rt 106 mansfield center across from honey dew.

I'm looking to finally join a club and have heard great things about Mansfield; it's also very convenient to my location (Plainville). Would anyone mind giving me a tour so I can learn more about it?

Back
Top Bottom