• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Manchester Show Jan 9-10,2010

there was a table there selling surefires but maybe not that model. There was another brand there that I forgot the name and they were insanely bright. If anyone remembers the name of those let me know I want one when I have the extra cash to throw around.

It was Liotec. He's a dealer here on NES. We've done a few group buys from him and his lights are excellent! I have three of them, two of which I have mounted on my firearms and one I keep in my nightstand. Do a search and you'll find him. I believe he gives an NES discount. Can't go wrong there.

I was there Sunday afternoon

Jim (MFLR) you had some great deals there. I was drooling over a couple of your Yugo SKSs as most were in excellent shape.
The show price was very good. now I wish I bought one!

I also did not know you sold 762X54. I had just ordered 440rds on line for more than you had them at the show.

On another note the guy with no prices on his guns was there. ..... I walked on by

I was there for about two hours, ran into an old friend and kibbitzed with him for a while. I went looking for an M1 Garand bayonet, but they were pricey. I got some great Appleseed info and LTR info from an NESr, whose SN I forgot [sad2]. I got a set of shooting goggles which fit nicely over my coke bottles.

Hi Folks-
Does anyone have the name of the dealer that was selling the Draco AK pistols? I saw them there yesterday and am now considering picking one up.

Thanks in advance

Marlin

This was my first show. Had a good time. Didn't stay long at all, mainly cuz I brought my friend along from Shirley who wanted to catch the Pats game (although the first quarter made me wonder why we went back to watch it!)
I was walking around for only about an hour (wearing a Glock sweatshirt). I figured it'd be my only chance to see what fits my hand until I get my license.
I think it was well put together, lotta cool stuff. Glad to see a good turn-out and good dealer showcase.

It was the usual good Manchester show. Glad I got there early, because the line was still winding down the hall at 11:00 AM.

Saw some good prices on guns - lots of milsurps and more black rifles than usual. Ammo prices were more competitive because many folks had at least some ammo.

Saw TWO Venezuelan FN-49's - alot for one small show. One was about $795, the other $995.

Saw some Springfield muskets, but they seemed to be in decent shape, and not just wall-hangers.

Lots of M-1 Garands and Carbines - but not exactly CMP prices!

The show might have been slightly smaller than last year, but I really didn't notice. The usual guys were there - safes, books, targets, cleaning materials, etc.

Only thing I picked up was some S&B Tokarev ammo for $10 a box - cheaper than I've seen anywhere for commercial ammo. My new Romanian TTC-33 is hungry.

The money I saved on the ammo paid the $8.00 admission fee, and the $5.00 parking fee, so it's all good!

$5 to park!!!! You must be kidding me. I refuse to go to a show that charges me to park and then pay admission to the event. Looks like I won't be going to this show anytime soon. We stopped going to Harrisburg Pa because they charge you $8 to park in the middle of no where then hit you up for $9 at the door. $17 just to walk in the front door. No thanks!

It was the usual good Manchester show. Glad I got there early, because the line was still winding down the hall at 11:00 AM.

Saw some good prices on guns - lots of milsurps and more black rifles than usual. Ammo prices were more competitive because many folks had at least some ammo.

Saw TWO Venezuelan FN-49's - alot for one small show. One was about $795, the other $995.

Saw some Springfield muskets, but they seemed to be in decent shape, and not just wall-hangers.

Lots of M-1 Garands and Carbines - but not exactly CMP prices!

The show might have been slightly smaller than last year, but I really didn't notice. The usual guys were there - safes, books, targets, cleaning materials, etc.

Only thing I picked up was some S&B Tokarev ammo for $10 a box - cheaper than I've seen anywhere for commercial ammo. My new Romanian TTC-33 is hungry.

The money I saved on the ammo paid the $8.00 admission fee, and the $5.00 parking fee, so it's all good!

I saw a field grade SA M1 Garand for almost $800! This is close to double what CMP is charging for a FG. I saw an M1 Carbine in far worse shape than mine for over $600, might have been rack grade. I saw several weapons from the Civil War and a US Navy sword from 1860, I thought of asking to see the Provenance on it.

It was Liotec. He's a dealer here on NES. We've done a few group buys from him and his lights are excellent! I have three of them, two of which I have mounted on my firearms and one I keep in my nightstand. Do a search and you'll find him. I believe he gives an NES discount. Can't go wrong there.

thank you sir!!!

Just to be more specific...Liotec offers discounts to NES Members.

Just to be more specific...Liotec offers discounts to NES Members.

I'll be green soon enough[smile] My paypal is linked thru my bank account and I only get 6 electronic transfers a month unless I go sit down and tell them to lift the safety. I'm too lazy to go to the bank to do this and the 6 trans limits me from spending way too much money online on new toys[wink] I should actually check right now since we started a new month............. but wait that means I can mail order some new goodies too!!!![rockon]

( Those that were really smart showed up Saturday at the Amoskeag Auction that was just down the block some. You would have spent the day looking at pricing that was more reasonable than the show and most of the stuff in better condition. I picked up a Winchester Model 75 that only had 2 minor problems for $345. That was $300 for the gun and $45 for buyer premium. The 2 things wrong were/are easy to fix.)

I stopped in late in the afternoon after the auction and found what I was looking for. Prices seemed to very some but I saw some of the same overpriced stuff there that was at the last shows in Fitchburg/Hollbrook. I guess people enjoy hauling stuff around. I didn't really see anything that I couldn't live without...

Joe R.

Last edited:
I got a couple of sets of grips and a GREAT DeSantis holster for my # 28 .I took a chance at 15$ but it looked like it would fit . Got some ammo and generally had a great time . Gun shows are are to be enjoyed while looking at all the stuff you usually cannot see under one roof . As long as you know the prices of things you should do alright at these gettogethers . I drove an hour to get there and will do it again in the fall . Tom C

I enjoyed both days at the show because I was helping my friend with his tables over in the sunny corner :) We sold lots of used books, accessories and several collectable rifles and pistols. Next time I'll have to wear something to identify myself as a NES guy. It would have been great to meet and talk with you folks.

Back
Top Bottom