• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Manchester, NH Show Oct 14-15

Mike,

What's wrong with Wolf in AR-15 aside from accuracy (just use it for plinking)? Are you talking about any possible damage or excessive wear?

No, it's mostly just the increased dirt output and weaker energy of
wolf .223 compared to M193 ball. (Wolf will not work well in some
fussy rifles, on the other hand some guys use it as a "test"... if the rifle will
feed wolf, then itll feed anything.) I havent heard of anyone blowing
up or damaging a rifle with it yet. It's just my preference when borrowing
other peoples guns to not feed wolf in it, unless it's an AK. In my
AK, I use wolf all the time... but the AK is a rifle that you can get away
with cleaning once a year, if that.

Apparently wolf .223 is popular with MG shooters as well... and if you figure
anyone would have a problem itd be them, due to the rediculous amounts of
heat involved as well as the greater chance to not notice a malfunction during FA fire.

-Mike

A year or so ago, 7.62 x 39 was "free" compared to every other ammo type
except for .22 LR.
-Mike
Mike, I checked my 2005 and 2006 catalogs and 7.62x39 seems to have taken a bigger price hike than say .223 . CTD and Cabela's had them priced very close last year. If the .223 has gone up as well I will see it when I get my new catalogs in a few months. If NES is growing as much as it seems we ought to get another "Group Buy" going for the guys who have SKS's,AK's and AR-15's. Bet there'd be no problem finding enough NES members to fill a order. What do you think??[wink]

If NES is growing as much as it seems we ought to get another "Group Buy" going for the guys who have SKS's,AK's and AR-15's. Bet there'd be no problem finding enough NES members to fill a order. What do you think??[wink]

The shipping costs will significantly offset the savings.Might save a little picking it up at the terminal..There is one place that offers free shipping on orders over $500 (I think,maybe $1K) but,they don't ship to MA.The few places I know that ship here don't have the greatest prices and they don't offer quanity discounts.

For referance,Lew Horton's orders 3-4 skids of S&B at a time,each skid is 4K LBS.

Best bet is too drive to NJ and pick up a crapload from Ammoman,his prices are cheaper when you pick it up.

Last edited:
The shipping costs will significantly offset the savings.Might save a little picking it up at the terminal..There is one place that offers free shipping on orders over $500 (I think,maybe $1K) but,they don't ship to MA.The few places I know that ship here don't have the greatest prices and they don't offer quanity discounts.

For referance,Lew Horton's orders 3-4 skids of S&B at a time,each skid is 4K LBS.

Best bet is too drive to NJ and pick up a crapload from Ammoman,his prices are cheaper when you pick it up.
Greg,I was talking about doing like what was done at Four Seasons a few months ago by Adam_MA for NES. My wife bought some 9mm when he did that group buy and I think she got a fair deal. Do a search on it and you can read about all the members here that were lucky enough to get in on this deal.

Greg,I was talking about doing like what was done at Four Seasons a few months ago by Adam_MA for NES. My wife bought some 9mm when he did that group buy and I think she got a fair deal. Do a search on it and you can read about all the members here that were lucky enough to get in on this deal.

Need to bypass 4 Seasons or any gunshop,it's just one more person in the ammo chain adding to the cost.

I'll see if I can find the place that offers free shipping on orders over x amount of dollars.Best bet is too pool up a bunch of cash,and see if we can work at deal with a vendor on shipping(shipping isn't free on thier part).There will be a substantial savings IF we pick the ammo up at the terminal without it going out for delivery.

We have a terminal right near the Manchester airport.

Need to bypass 4 Seasons or any gunshop,it's just one more person in the ammo chain adding to the cost.

I'll see if I can find the place that offers free shipping on orders over x amount of dollars.Best bet is too pool up a bunch of cash,and see if we can work at deal with a vendor on shipping(shipping isn't free on thier part).There will be a substantial savings IF we pick the ammo up at the terminal without it going out for delivery.

We have a terminal right near the Manchester airport.
Sounds like a plan. Please keep me posted on what you find. I need 7.62x39 and 5.56/.223 in bulk. I'm sure they'll be alot more interest if you find a place that'll do what you want.[smile] [smile]

Last edited:
Mike, I checked my 2005 and 2006 catalogs and 7.62x39 seems to have taken a bigger price hike than say .223 . CTD and Cabela's had them priced very close last year. If the .223 has gone up as well I will see it when I get my new catalogs in a few months. If NES is growing as much as it seems we ought to get another "Group Buy" going for the guys who have SKS's,AK's and AR-15's. Bet there'd be no problem finding enough NES members to fill a order. What do you think??[wink]

Yes, AK ammo has gone up "more" over the same interval... remember
though... it was dirt price before that!

IMO I think an ammo buy it's a great idea.... I think there were a few other members
who were talking about doing something like what Adam did for pistol
ammo. Definitely could use some .308, 7.62 x 39, and probably
some 5.56/.223.

-Mike

Last edited:
Yes, AK ammo has gone up "more" over the same interval... remember
though... it was dirt price before that!

IMO I think an ammo buy it's a great idea.... I think there were a few other members
who were talking about doing something like what Adam did for pistol
ammo. Definitely could use some .308, 7.62 x 39, and probably
some 5.56/.223.

-Mike
Had I only seen the price increase coming I would've stocked up then. Rumor has it that prices will go up again soon. Let's hope we can get enough interest to get this going.

Back
Top Bottom