• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Manchester NH Oct 16-17th 2010

Is this show any good? I have to work in Boston from 6pm-11pm, wondering if it'll be worth the trip early in the day.

I personally like this show. As Mike said its a somewhat small show but there are some good deals sometimes. The ammo can be well priced at times as well and the best part....NO SALES TAX.. God Bless New Hampshire!!!

I will be working at the Stoney Acres tables so stop by and check in. If you see anything you like please make sure you let me know you a from NES and I will get the best price I can for you from the owner.

If you get there early you can usually see some nice stuff that folks are selling. Also folks who have things for sale privately are always walking around. I found more so at this show than others and some really good deals can be had. 99% of my best purchases are made that way.

Hope to see some NES folks at the show

Also as Mike said about conn. sales there is a process,there was a dealer from Conn. there at the last show but he doesn't always attend.

Last edited:
Rifles and Shotguns from an FFL, more than likely, yes, Handguns have to be FFLed out back to your home state.
(bold added)

To be a little clearer: FFL required in any event for modern firearms. A NH FFL at the show could transfer long arms (assuming CT lets its residents do that, assuming the firearm is otherwise legal to have in CT, and the FFL will have to fulfill all CT provisions including any waiting period), or shipped for transfer to a CT FFL for handguns.

Attendance was way down. Surprised there were no crowds at all. Of course that might be due to the high pricing. I can get better deals on reloading components locally at a retail shop.

Attendance was way down. Surprised there were no crowds at all. Of course that might be due to the high pricing. I can get better deals on reloading components locally at a retail shop.

I've never been to a gun show where they have low prices on components, outside of maybe primers. The only guy that is reasonable is the dude that makes the cast bullets, and I don't think he was at the show.

I had to wait about 10 minutes in line just after 9.

It got crowded eventually... nothing like Marlboro gets, but it was still a fair number of people.

-Mike

I personally like this show. As Mike said its a somewhat small show but there are some good deals sometimes. The ammo can be well priced at times as well and the best part....NO SALES TAX.. God Bless New Hampshire!!!

I will be working at the Stoney Acres tables so stop by and check in. If you see anything you like please make sure you let me know you a from NES and I will get the best price I can for you from the owner.

If you get there early you can usually see some nice stuff that folks are selling. Also folks who have things for sale privately are always walking around. I found more so at this show than others and some really good deals can be had. 99% of my best purchases are made that way.

Hope to see some NES folks at the show

Also as Mike said about conn. sales there is a process,there was a dealer from Conn. there at the last show but he doesn't always attend.

Hey Fred! I saw you. Sorry I did not say hello. I met you once at the mansfield shoot but I wasn't sure it was you. Anyway the show was ok, There were some good prices on accessories and the ammo was well priced. Nagant revolver ammo and 380 ammo was very reasonable. I did not find any guns I could not live without.

I found fair prices on accessories, and (with the exception of a few tables), ammo was well-priced and available, even for oddball calibers.

Spent a long time talking to Sam Cohen at the PGNH table, and also had a good conversation with the guy from Eastern Safe.

Had a real positive experience at this show. About noon, crowd level was ace and gave us time to talk to dealers, reps from various orgs, talk turkey about MTBF of various safe locks, and (gasp!) even to haggle some. Met the Jetbeam USA guy, who I sorta know from another forum, and talked sh1t with some self-defense law advocates. Found some oddball ammo reasonably priced, and some mainstream bulk ammo priced well, too - Not great, but about what it would have cost me to have it shipped in UPS, without the hassle. Found good deals on some other items (cleaners and chamber flags) that are silly or expensive to ship. And no sales tax like always. Frankly one of the better DiPrete shows I've been to in some time.

Accessory prices were ok, but gun prices seemed to be pretty high.

As gun shows go that's the equivalent of saying "The sky is blue". I've never, ever been to a gun show where someone said to me "Wow, all the guns were heavily discounted!!!!" [laugh]

-Mike

Best part of the show was saying hello to Fred, Terry, etc.

Usual high prices, usual ammo boys from NY, usual assortment of stuff. I went late in the day this time, and didn't have to fight the crowds to see everything.

Didn't pick up anything this time, so it was $8.00 for the entertainment value.

The show was pretty good...less of a crowd this time...lotta knives...I bought ammo and a few books and talked to the safe guy seeing I need another safe.

I went to the show with 300 bucks in my pocket and came home with a nice k31 swiss, box of 7.5 , a knife my son had to have, and with 45 bucks still in my pocket I would say I had a pretty good day. I wanted to find some surplus gp11 for the k31 but there was none to be found so i picked up a box of prvi partizan and i will order a battle pack tonight online :)

I had a BYF44 P38 screeming my name for a good price. The thing was mint. Didnt have enough cash on me and the guy doesnt do credit cards. I took his business card so maybe it will find a new home Who knows!

Back
Top Bottom