Manchester, NH Gunshow Oct. 19 & 20

Blackmore

NES Member
Manchester_Coupon.jpg

Trip report:

$8 to get in and like $6 to park. I brought two rifles to try and sell (via price flags sticking out of the barrels, sling on my back) and I felt super weird walking through a hotel with an AR on my back, let me tell you.

Aisles were very spacious unlike most gun shows, no bottlenecks in the aisles as you pass people gabbing. Lot of raffles, some politicians. Big focus seemed to be on AR uppers, 80% Glock lowers, 80% AR lowers, lot of small time uppers. Glock prices about $550 (not too bad for gun shows), stripped lowers as low as $40 for Anderson. There was one booth selling targets and gunsmithing stuff (touch-up paint, alumi-black, etc) - smart. Also a bunch of junk optics, milsurp, etc. Not as overpriced as the one in Concord I went to a little while ago.

I have to say that I found this show to be disappointing, but I am beginning to think that compared to the good old days of the 80's, many of the shows that remain are going to be disappointing. The show itself had some empty tables, and there were too many political displays for my taste. You can imagine my surprise when I saw that slimy New York transplant lawyer pud knocker Bill O'Brien skulking about, looking for a stray vote or two after all the bullshit this dick turd pulled as Speaker of the NH House. It is fast becoming apparent to me that I am not getting any younger, and that the guys who I knew at the shows are going to the wayside one by one. Saw some over priced stuff; I swear to Christ that somebody's kids will be disposing of the moldy boxes of ammo that some of these guys drag to the shows and price 40% above retail! Bob Pagano from Tango Yankee had some GREAT details on reloading stuff. Went to Shooter's Boutique later, and my son bought 1,000 rounds of Blazer Brass 9MM 115 Grain ammo for $179.00. Stopped at the ghost of what was once Riley's; the same 1,000 rounds was priced at $215.00!! Virtually no guns at Riley's, reloading stuff scarce, just awful. Exterior of the building run down, parking lot covered in garbage, sand, and cigarette butts, lawn by old house looks like it hasn't been mowed in a year. Finished the day at Marshall's; bought some stuff there and shot the shit with Brad. Talked about the old days and all the shops that used to be in the area but are gone. Guess I'm just turning into an old bastard...

The cost for vendors is $75/folding table, hard to make any money paying that steep price (down in Lejeune I think it was closer to $40/table).

Think mostly gunshows cater to the uninformed these days...

You can imagine my surprise when I saw that slimy New York transplant lawyer pud knocker Bill O'Brien skulking about, looking for a stray vote or two after all the bullshit this dick turd pulled as Speaker of the NH House.
You mean like actually reducing the budget, and turning a massive deficit into a balanced budget and taxpayer savings?

Yeah, that's some serious BS... how dare he show his face in public!

You mean like actually reducing the budget, and turning a massive deficit into a balanced budget and taxpayer savings?

Yeah, that's some serious BS... how dare he show his face in public!
He was a pompous a**h*** from day 1. A complete douche; not how it used to be up here. Just another flattie invader bringing his bullshit north. Maybe if he wasn't such a peckerhead, people might give credit for some of the good things he tried to do.

sounds like this gun show is a waste of time.
Every gun show is a waste of time if you are looking for bargains. It's been that way for at least 30 years now.

But if you want to stroll around looking at cool stuff, laughing at BS stories, and handling a lot of different guns that you're unlikely to find all under one roof in a brick and mortar store, it's a cheap way to spend your day.

Back
Top Bottom