• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Manchester NH Gun Show

Anyone happen to see the price on 54R (Mosin) ammo? Not really looking for anything else, but it'd be a decent excuse to check it out and walk around.

Found a table there that had a stock ive been looking for. Mini14 wood stock with OEM hardware. Cheaper than anything I could have gotten elsewhere, so it was a decent find.

Tried to look for BGM50, didnt see you.

Lots of feedback on this show I see! <where's the sleeping emoticon when you need it?>

Glad I didn't bother and I was within 20 miles yesterday.

Went to the show and saw a few encouraging signs that some vendors have put down their hash pipes and are attempting a return to reality. Aside from all of the usual suspects, I found a few guys there selling reloading stuff/bits & pieces that were normally priced. There were even a couple guys there who had "Make An Offer" buckets of stuff, which always hold a few surprises; I spent some money at these tables. There was one fellow there selling ammo in little plastic bags - 5 rounds of rifle ammo all priced at $6.00 or more a bag; I'm sure he lugged all of it back to the mental hospital when he left. Prices in general on weapons were still high; I am guessing there are some guys who are sitting on some VERY overpriced stuff that they bought. Still, they must enjoy dragging it from place to place, as I saw very few deals overall.
Not a totally disappointing show. Plenty of vendors, but very few of them with anything I wanted. Went to Riley's afterward, and my son & I spent the day together, so it still gets rated as a good day in spite of the wacked out prices. I'm still hoping that things return to some level of normal in the future. Maybe these vendors are using their higher than batshit pricing to keep stuff on their tables, ensuring that they will get a good cardio workout as they lug their overpriced swill from venue to venue. Who knows?

i helped ed snag some extra .300BLK while debating not awful, but not great ammo prices for myself. walked out with four beretta mags.

passed on this:

izyjci.jpg

'cause it was a fo-tay. i hope someone who shoots fo-tay here bought it since that gun is sexy as hell. picture doesn't do it justice.

Which projectile weight 300 BLK were they selling and for how much??

CMMG 175, 200 I think they were an off brand, and UMC 220. All a little more then a buck a pop or so. I wanted enough to test my upper next week. I am not sure if the 175 will be super sonic, but I grabbed a few of those and a few of the 220 subs in hopes of verifying it will work with both.

ETA, it seems the 175's are subs.

CMMG 175, 200 I think they were an off brand, and UMC 220. All a little more then a buck a pop or so. I wanted enough to test my upper next week. I am not sure if the 175 will be super sonic, but I grabbed a few of those and a few of the 220 subs in hopes of verifying it will work with both.

ETA, it seems the 175's are subs.

I'd be surprised if the 175's are supersonic...

Sourcing out some M80 projectiles to make more ammo with (147gr FMJBT). Those can easily be loaded supersonic. PM me if you want to collaborate on some of those rounds. I sent an email to one place that seems to have them at a good rate. Hoping that shipping doesn't hurt that much.

OTOH, looks like the 175gr should be supersonic rounds. Reloading data shows supersonic until you go past 180gr projectiles for 300 BLK...

Last edited:
I took the ride to see a NH show as a change from Mass. Some nice stuff but nothing that made me want to reach for my wallet. Saw some 22s that were still ridiculous priced ($6 and $7 for 50 rds CCI standard). Went with dreams of finding a pre-lock 10mm Smith and some jerky and wound up with a Dunkin donuts coffee that gave me heartburn. All in all a typical gunshow
dave

I took the ride to see a NH show as a change from Mass. Some nice stuff but nothing that made me want to reach for my wallet. Saw some 22s that were still ridiculous priced ($6 and $7 for 50 rds CCI standard). Went with dreams of finding a pre-lock 10mm Smith and some jerky and wound up with a Dunkin donuts coffee that gave me heartburn. All in all a typical gunshow
dave

good luck with that. i woulda snapped it up first.

i was there looking for an old pre-rail desert eagle in .50 AE.

we both are stupid. [laugh]

I believe Diggie is referring to this one in Concord on Feb. 8-9.

I hope it's better than the show they promoted in Nashua. I think I'd rather drive up to the one in Barre, VT that same weekend. At least there are more than 200 tables up there and the show has a history and following from both dealers and customers.

True, the one in Nashua was light on content but OTOH there were no crap dealers. I'd like to give these guys a chance to grow, so I'll support them for now. Besides, I don't feel like schlepping all the way up to Barre.

I agree wholeheartedly with this statement. I cannot see a promoter telling people how to price their goods. That being said, I cannot imagine that there isn't ONE SINGLE VENDOR who walked around, saw which way the wind was blowing, and then promptly made some adjustments on his or her pricing.
You both missed the point. I didn't say the promoter should set dealer prices, the promoter is charging more per table and for admission. The promoter sets the times for the shows, dates etc. and if there was some competition from a new promoter more dealers will show up. Dealers are dropping out and are selling on the internet. No table costs, not fuel costs and you dont have to get crap from the promoter. I welcome you Mike to come and set up with me and work the tables and see how many times the promoter comes to the table and tells you to move items around, place ammo closer to the inside of the table.....I have been to shows out West. Arizona, Texas, 6 bucks to get in and the promoter does everything they can to please the customers. Not just sit at the door with an ugly puss and take your cash. Just MO.

We wont be going back to Manchester or Concord. The number of folks attending has really gone down. . I marked down ever AR we had. $700 for a DPMS and no takers. Our cost, $650.

Last edited:
I'm surprised the dealers haven't gotten together and planned their own show. Other than gun show specifics like police and local laws it's not that difficult to pull together a convention or show.

Just figure out any insurance costs, plus total costs for the show room. Divide those by the minimum number of tables you could conceivably get and there is the base cost. Then any additional dealers that come in by a certain date pay X cost per table, with the extra going back to the dealers who got in first so by the time of the show the costs are even (or slightly less for the early sign ups).

You could even pick someplace slightly off the beaten path which would be a cheaper venue for the first year.

Got there sunday at noon time and just walked right in. No lines. Riley's tables had excellent prices on 9mm and .45acp defensive ammo. Bought a bit of that. Lots of ammo and magazines in general. Tons of AR-15 items. SCAR17/h magazines in huge supply. Prices on just about everything seems to be coming down but not by a hell of a lot. People/dealers/vendors were very friendly as always. A pleasure to go to this show. Hopefully Marlboro will be similar this coming Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom