• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Manchester man, convicted of firearm trafficking to convicted felons, prohibited persons, and gang members, sentenced: 1.5 years

David Bosari, 29, was sentenced in U.S. District Court in Concord last week. Officials said the transactions took place in 2016 when he purchased 40 to 50 firearms via the website Armslist.com and then illegally resold them to Massachusetts buyers. According to a 2017 search warrant affidavit, Bosari-traded guns ended up in the wrong hands in Massachusetts: a felon in Beverly, a person facing a restraining order in Cambridge, a juvenile in Everett, and gang members in Chelsea. Bosari was sentenced to 1.5 years in federal prison.

The buyers were found in possession whilst committing crimes and either then flipped on this guy or the S/N traces went back to him.

Pretty stupid move on his part.

That's not a lot of disincentive for the next guy. If .gov was SERIOUS about deterring these sorts of crimes, they should have thrown the book at him. What was the max he could have gotten?

That's not a lot of disincentive for the next guy. If .gov was SERIOUS about deterring these sorts of crimes, they should have thrown the book at him. What was the max he could have gotten?
Quick google found:
"An illegal firearm purchase (straw purchase) is a federal crime. An illegal firearm purchase can bring a felony conviction sentence of ten years in jail and a fine of up to $250,000."

I didn't go to the link that came from, but if that's per instance, then he would be looking at more than a life sentence for what he did.

Really odd.. guy has an FFL too, which likely helped him procure the guns paperwork-free..

What he probably mis-calculated was how easy it was to trace the guns back to original owners, who then even just providing his email (email is only as anonymous/untraceable as the place you use to access it) would've sent authorities his way. Also I bet the 40 guns were all in his email history or something that stupid.

Moral of the story don't be a gun trafficker, and for god's sake if you must then cover your tracks better - at least use a burner phone and change it often.

Lol it's cute that you guys think these laws provide any disincentive. Probably more than 50% of straw buyers are drug addicts or other desperate people, the other half are people who are too dumb to even be aware of such prosecutions. It's a statist fantasy to think that anybody can stop people from getting guns, especially the people you don't want having them.

ETA: it's also worth mentioning that for every 1 of these guys that gets caught, 10 walk right on the spot. Even though the feds are aggressive in prosecution when they do indict, their indictment rate itself is low. Think of all the gangbangers in Boston or Springfield that are technically FIP (felon in possession) but feds punt on taking the case for some reason or another.

Last edited:
Sentences rarely make sense. When I worked for the DOC I knew a bunch of cons who were doing 15 mandatory for selling drugs, and a bunch who were doing 3-5 for raping kids. Classification gets even weirder. There are lifer cons in for murder living in the same housing unit as first time cons doing 2-1/2 years for multiple DUIs.

Yeah, I think they give ya 10 years for having an unregistered Hi Cap mag with the proposed MA law
Section 131M. No person shall sell, offer for sale, transfer or possess an assault weapon or a large capacity feeding device that was not otherwise lawfully possessed on September 13, 1994. Whoever not being licensed under the provisions of section 122 violates the provisions of this section shall be punished, for a first offense, by a fine of not less than $1,000 nor more than $10,000 or by imprisonment for not less than one year nor more than ten years, or by both such fine and imprisonment, and for a second offense, by a fine of not less than $5,000 nor more than $15,000 or by imprisonment for not less than five years nor more than 15 years, or by both such fine and imprisonment.

The provisions of this section shall not apply to: (i) the possession by a law enforcement officer; or (ii) the possession by an individual who is retired from service with a law enforcement agency and is not otherwise prohibited from receiving such a weapon or feeding device from such agency upon retirement.

A little off topic (but not much). I'd love to know how many people were sentenced to the mandatory 1 year in jail under BartleyiFox in Massachusetts? Or plead down? Or dismissed? I couldn't actually find hard numbers. Probably by design....

Quite a messy article:
1. Sold 40-50 guns 2016 in private transactions
2. Has FFL but no in-home business license
3. Sold to 4+ resident of MA, some of whom were PPs

Did he sell 40-50 guns to persons all of whom declared themselves residents of NH and not PPs? Or knowingly to MA residents and those he knew to be PPs?
WFT does “facing a restraining order” mean? Is one a PP prior to a restraining order bring issued? Might mean temporary order?
PPs might be “gang members” but are all gang members PPs? In MA, perhaps they would not be issued a LTC by discretionary licensing practices.

This had to be a major plea bargain to get down to 1.5yr in jail.

Quite a messy article:
1. Sold 40-50 guns 2016 in private transactions
2. Has FFL but no in-home business license
3. Sold to 4+ resident of MA, some of whom were PPs

Did he sell 40-50 guns to persons all of whom declared themselves residents of NH and not PPs? Or knowingly to MA residents and those he knew to be PPs?
WFT does “facing a restraining order” mean? Is one a PP prior to a restraining order bring issued? Might mean temporary order?
PPs might be “gang members” but are all gang members PPs? In MA, perhaps they would not be issued a LTC by discretionary licensing practices.

This had to be a major plea bargain to get down to 1.5yr in jail.

All comes down to evidence usually. If those PPs refused to talk and the disgraced FFL did the same, it might be hard to prove beyond a doubt. A weak case that a prosecutor doesn't want to bring to trial usually gets pled down, even murder might become a 5 year manslaughter charge as it's better than nothing..

My guess a deal was made that included him talking about what he did, so they could be aware of the extent of the danger to the public and maybe even investigate it, for leniency.

My guess a deal was made that included him talking about what he did, so they could be aware of the extent of the danger to the public and maybe even investigate it, for leniency.

Keeping in mind the Prosecutor can tell the accused any lie they want to get them to plead out. “Those guns went to a drug-dealer that was selling heroin laced with strychnine to children - you could get multiple consecutive life sentences“ - or 18mo. Maybe the felon from MA wrote a few bad checks...

But yeah, if you want to buy and re-sell 40-50 guns from ArmsList in a year via private transactions - even to residents who leave you a copy of their NH-DL and NH P&R License - expect to hear from ATF sooner or later. Not a good business model.

The short sentence gets him back on the street quicker to commit more gun crimes. That way the Liberals can add to their lists even more gun crimes without too much delay.

Back
Top Bottom