• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Man tried to bring 100 rounds of ammo through NH airport onto plane

3K rounds of what? .22?

Asking because I was told there is a weight limit on ammo you can check at the airport. Notnsure if that is still the case, I shoot 6.5cm, so I only need one shot at 1K yards.
@Broc

The team shot 9mm and we had to fly it out there because IL does not allow out of state ammo purchases at least for pistol calibers. I don't know the full law, the competition just told us to bring our own ammo.

3K rounds of what? .22?

Asking because I was told there is a weight limit on ammo you can check at the airport. Notnsure if that is still the case, I shoot 6.5cm, so I only need one shot at 1K yards.
TSA doesn't seem to set a weight limit.

Which means it'll be per your airline. A quick search shows an apparent agreement at 11 lbs. This may have changed since his trip.

Today, I would probably either order online for delivery to a local UPS store, or ship to myself at same.

In NH seems typically they let you bring the gun/ammo/knife/grenade, not sure about grenades, back out to your vehicle if you so chose. I guess with the prices of ammo coming down it wasn't worth the walk.
I have a credit card sized "wallet tool" that my daughter gave me for Christmas one year. Security at TFGreene in Providence (ok, Warwick) called it out one time because it has a pointy bit. :rolleyes: That said, the agent was nice enough to let me go back to my car to drop it and then skip the line when I got back.

3K rounds of what? .22?

Can't fly with 6.5, its too powerful to even be on the plane

Surprised they caught it. I know someone's kid who made it all the way to New Orleans via BOS with a few 9mm cases in his jacket pocket. Also know someone who made it through very sophisticated private security with live ammo in pockets at a major arena event.

;)
And I know someone who got all the way to the gate through security with a 4 inch barrel 686 .357.

Surprised they caught it. I know someone's kid who made it all the way to New Orleans via BOS with a few 9mm cases in his jacket pocket. Also know someone who made it through very sophisticated private security with live ammo in pockets at a major arena event.

;)
I know someone who made it through event security with a knife that wasn't even hidden well in their pocket

I travel with my backpack that has a trauma kit with the decompression needle, and never a question

And then I get these two gems from last year: flew to Atlanta from Boston, and discovered that had a smoke grenade (used the pack for day hike) still it. TSA never caught, so had to give away to a coworker in Atlanta

Then flew to Vegas in July and on way back they found a random 9mm in back pocket that has been there for 2+ years of travel. They were asking me what to do with it…

You never know who is looking at your bag and how good/bad they are

Magtech 380? Was he arrested for being a skinflint? Or for having bad taste in both caliber and ammo?

The caliber I get, but what is wrong with Magtech? The ones I have touched are really consistent dimensionally, and once I get my hands on a chrono I will be checking velocities.

That wasn’t my experience.
Dunno then. Was it a while ago or more recently? Maybe I got a good batch. I still have a box left, I'll check them all for overall height and roundness, though I do not have an accurate enough scale to measure projectile weight in a meaningful way, or powder load.

Back
Top Bottom