1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Man throws 5 year old from 3rd floor balcony at Mall of America

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by calsdad, Apr 14, 2019.

1. MassPete

MassPete NES Member

Hopefully he is staying on a 3rd floor balcony.... [thumbsup]

2. firestorm

firestorm

This rarely happens now, especially those who hurt children, or molest them, or rapists in general wind up in special custody where nobody can get at them. Someone this high profile will likely never see general population.

3. Broomcorn

Broomcorn

Is it just me or are there far too many of these stories nowadays to tell them apart? It seems like there is a new one every day... I wish these people could find a way to flush their lives down the toilet without taking anyone else with them....

4. amm5061

amm5061 NES Member

19 years? That's it?

5. Wrench75

Wrench75

Yes it is, and he was. The original article said he had been arrested in the same mall for throwing things off the same balcony and for resisting. He was a regular POS there. They also bagged him for walking through the mall and swiping his arm across tables covered in glass merchandise knocking it all to the floor and destroying it. Another time, again same mall, he walked up to a white woman outside a restaurant and told her to buy him something. When she refused he threw a glass of water in her face and a cup of hot tea that hit her and burnt her legs. They knew exactly who his is.

Varmint and mibro like this.
  6. mibro

mibro NES Member

^^^Child in adult body.

Reminds me of something somebody said long ago.

Wrench75 likes this.
  7. straightshooterjake

straightshooterjake

A 19 year sentence for this crime seems way too low. It reminds me of something I think about occasionally regarding sentences for attempted murder. Basically, we give people a 40 to 60 year discount off their sentence when they attempt a murder, but fail to complete their intended goal. In many cases, this huge discount off the sentence is unjustified, and the person has actually committed the same actions by which other people have committed murder and received life without parole.

I am not really advocating for life sentences for attempted murder, but sometimes it does seem worthy of consideration. There are some attempted murders where the attempt is half-hearted, and this lack of commitment is the reason the victim survives. In these cases, 10 to 20 years seems about right. But for actions that would have been an especially heinous murder, except that a twist of fate spared the victims life, the sentences often seem far too low.

Wrench75, Choctaw, meh and 1 other person like this.
  8. mibro

mibro NES Member

^^^This.

The unfortunate victim survived a 38 foot fall onto a hard surface by sheer, improbable luck. The boy's luck should not be a factor in sentencing for a crime like this. I'd give the perp 30 years with no parole.

Choctaw and meh like this.
  9. meh

meh NES Member

It's not that I care about retribution. It's that there's something about this crime that implies that this person cannot be allowed to live among us. Chances are he'll still be unfit to live among us after 19 years. He'll be what, 43 years old. Dangerous as hell.

mibro, Fixxah, Prepper and 1 other person like this.
  10. rogzballz

rogzballz NES Member

"Court records show Aranda was arrested July 4, 2015, after police said he matched the description of a man throwing things off the upper level of the Mall of America to the lower level. "
    Repeat offender ... hmmm let's just watch the pattern until something really bad happens

11. Fixxah

Fixxah NES Member

And will be well trained in the ways of criminals. Plus he will be pissed about the chronic irritable bowel syndrome he will have if he lives long enough.

12. usp45ct

usp45ct

There is nothing I could add that would not get me hit with the perma-ban hammer.