Man tells Worcester Police his gun was stolen while playing Pokémon Go

WORCESTER -- Two men told police they were robbed at gunpoint while playing the popular Pokémon Go Wednesday night. One of the victims said he was also pistol-whipped while being robbed of his gun. Police were called to the area of Stockholm and Cornhill streets around 7:25 p.m. after two men reported they were robbed. The two men, ages 22 and 25, were sitting in the 25-year-old's car when they were robbed by two men, police said.
"The victim stated that he and a friend were playing the new Pokémon Go game and ended up on Stockholm Street as the game progressed," police said. "While at the intersection of Stockholm and Cornhill Streets the victim observed a vehicle drive past them on several occasions."
The car, a silver or grey sedan, parked near the victims. Two men got out of the car, approached the victim's vehicle and took the keys out of the ignition. One suspect pulled out a gun and demanded the driver's items, police said.
"The 25-year-old victim handed the suspect his Ruger 9mm handgun and cash," police said. "After taking the weapon the suspect struck the victim in the head with the handle of the gun. The victim suffered a small cut on his head."
The 22-year-old man said his wallet and car keys were taken. The two suspects are described as black males. One suspect is 5-feet-8-inches tall and in his mid-20s. He was clean-shaven and wore a grey shirt.
The second suspect is roughly 5-feet-6-inches tall and wore a black shirt.
Anyone with information about this incident can send an anonymous text to 274637 TIPWPD + your message or send an anonymous web based message at worcesterma.gov/police. Calls can also be made to the Worcester Police Detective Bureau at (508) 799-8651.

http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2016/07/man_tells_worcester_police_his.html

Wait, so how do you get get beat up AND get your gun stolen when you have a gun? The fail is really strong here.[rolleyes]

Was the guy going to frisk them? Hell if you're that much of a tard give then your wallet sure I guess but keep the rest in your pants. WTF?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Lol I live in the great city of Worcester you have to be a certified meat stick to not walk around with your head on a swivel

Um guys, I just figured EVERYONE knows it is a gang related thing, and they only SAID it was stolen. Like was said earlier, modern version of "boating accident".

I definitely agree with a few statements here. Poor awareness, wrong area, wrong game, not carrying a glock lol and so on..
But I have to say, holy shit without knowing the situation you are all wishing this man all this bad karma, losing his LTC and calling him all this crap.
What I could imagine happening is *the guys approached the vehicle and by the time he noticed they were approaching or were already there by his window with bad intentions he went for his weapons and it was just too late, hence when they realized he had a firearm. Seriously how many of you would still attemp to draw it with a (even possibly) loaded gun to you head ?
Who do half of you guys think you are ? Jason Bourne .. Y'all would be shitting your pants and after them taking all your shit you'd still offer them a BJ in return for your life.

If you plan to EDC a firearm HAVE THE PROPER TRAINING !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I specifically carry a gun for just such an occasion. But I am thinking a lot of things here.

kid said guy approached and reached into the car and grabbed the keys. At this point there was seemingly no threat. Only after that did the guy pull his gun at that point it is probably not a good idea to try and outdraw him since he has already drawn. So until the gun or another weapon was produced this is just a fist fight. And in Mass they would probably look really hard at this to try and jam up the LTC guy. He could make out ok if he drew first since the bad guy did have at least a replica firearm. So for me not sure what I would have done in this case. Once the guy reached in I would have reacted. But truthfully if it were me last night my windows would have been up because of the AC. And the doors are auto-lock so they probably would have been locked.

But one thing I do know for sure about this situation....I would not be playing pokemon go.

Then the other thought I had was also the boating thing. There is a saying from when I was a kid....believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see.

So I will need to wait for the full investigation to be completed.

So wait a sec, these two dopes were aware enough to notice the same car drive by them several times? Yet still they allow the two suspects to just walk right up and take their stuff, including a handgun. Ouch. I don't wish bad karma or loss of rights on these two, but they better have learned their lesson from this.

I

Back
Top Bottom