• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Man Shot In Leg @ Range In NH Today

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Got this off the pager:

Belmont, NH *Shooting* 140 Laconia Rd @ Belmont Firearms. 72 Y/O Male PT With Accidental GSW To Lower Leg. 6:01pm

I Googled "Belmont Firearms" and came up with this:

Belmont Firearms & Range

I never heard of the place.
Their site says they're 11 miles North of NHMS on RT 106.
I searched NES and only found a single reference to them from 2010.
From the pics on their website, the place looks pretty big.
Surprised there hasn't been more chatter on here about about this place, there's not even a review thread for them.

I think they're owned by the same folks as MFL. I shot there once, nice place, but still a 45 minute ride for me. I'll stick with the sand pit, and pick another day if it's raining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

No, they're different than MFL. The owner's name is Bob G. and he's a good guy. He originally owned Granite State Firearms in Brentwood (still has a shop out of his house now), but moved up to Belmont to open the big shop with full range with rentals and whatnot.

I think they're owned by the same folks as MFL. I shot there once, nice place, but still a 45 minute ride for me. I'll stick with the sand pit, and pick another day if it's raining.

Jim M. does in fact own that facility (along with MFL and Shooters Outpost).

Then why the near total lack of chatter about the place here on NES ????
Is this place supposed to be a well kept secret ???

Headscratch.gif

My mistake....Thanks for clearing it up; they have the same feel, and the website is very similar, so I thought they were affiliated. Shame to hear of a GSW there, hopefully the injury isn't too bad.

No, they're different than MFL. The owner's name is Bob G. and he's a good guy. He originally owned Granite State Firearms in Brentwood (still has a shop out of his house now), but moved up to Belmont to open the big shop with full range with rentals and whatnot.

It's almost like they've been totally overlooked or ignored by the members here.
I'm just surprised that nobody started any discussion or review threads about them.
They seem to be a pretty big shop, can't understand how they managed to fly so stealthfully under our radar for several years, while much smaller places get talked about here frequently.

Ok, I'm confused...is this place owned by the same people as MFL or not?

Zappa, I think the reason you don't see a lot about it here is the low concentration of NES'rs in that area, as far as I can tell, but maybe I'm wrong.

No, they're not...See my posts on the 1st page.

Ok, I'm confused...is this place owned by the same people as MFL or not?

Zappa, I think the reason you don't see a lot about it here is the low concentration of NES'rs in that area, as far as I can tell, but maybe I'm wrong.

I saw that, but then someone says the opposite, I'll go with no....not that it really matters to me. Thanks

If it helps clarify, Bob is a friend of mine...I've been to his house and his range. I can say with certainty that Jim from MFL does not own this shop.

Driving a long distance to a good gun shop isn't out of the ordinary for most of us.
I'm always reading about people that willfully drive for hours just to shop at FS or Rileys.
A shop as big as this needs a large customer base to survive, so who are their customers and why are they keeping this place a secret here on NES ???

Driving a long distance to a good gun shop isn't out of the ordinary for most of us.
I'm always reading about people that willfully drive for hours just to shop at FS or Rileys.
A shop as big as this needs a large customer base to survive, so who are their customers and why are they keeping this place a secret here on NES ???

It's the .gov keeping us in the dark[tinfoil]

No, really, I'm very lucky that I have a great LGS that I could hit with a rock from my front door(literally), and I do most of my shooting in a local gravel pit that I have unfettered access to[banana]....My brother, myself, and some friends have even inaugurated an informal "gun club", t-shirts and everything, so I don't get to the big ranges very often.

My brother is a member there and loves the owner. Great guy runs a great shop. Prices are about on par with "normal" except he refused to jack things up when it went full retard. Whatever he got charged he simply passed straight along. I was there in Jan and spoke with him and he was downright made that he had to charge clients anymore than he already had to.

My brother is a member there and loves the owner. Great guy runs a great shop. Prices are about on par with "normal" except he refused to jack things up when it went full retard. Whatever he got charged he simply passed straight along. I was there in Jan and spoke with him and he was downright made that he had to charge clients anymore than he already had to.

There you go, this is the kind of stuff we need to know.

How about you starting a review thread for them here ? :

Gun Shops and Reviews

If I had known about them earlier, in all likelyhood I would have made a trip up there to see the place by now.
Being only 11 miles from NHMS, I've been close by there several times but never knew of their existence.
There are many shops I've only learned about from postings here on NES.
Let's give them a fair shake and put the word out!

I've never been to a range that prevented me from lighting off a round into my own body.

Where the **** do you shoot?

I'm pretty sure Jim @ MFL used to own/co-own that place years ago but no longer. That may be why the websites are similar.

Jeff

Not just the website, prices, range, display cases all look very very similar to MFL

Well that sucks, hope the guy is okay and is an upstanding citizen that won't try to bring anything against the range.

Charles.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I have been thinking for the past 8 years that they were affiliated.

One of the reasons is that I when I was at MFL (years ago, at the old location), on a very, very busy day, Jim was directing the overflow people to the Belmont Location.

Maybe Jim has some kind of business network relationship with the other facility's owner (?). Just making an assumption .....

the place is awesome, run well, and the guys behind the counter seem professional enough.

I stop in every time I'm up that way, and me and my boys have our annual rent a mg. shoot there.

its where i fell in love with the ump 45 suppressed.[smile]

I've never been to a range that prevented me from lighting off a round into my own body.

Where the **** do you shoot?

True. Even if they assign one camp counselor to each shooter, accidents will happen.

Disclaimer: I've never tried to shoot myself at the range to see if someone/something would stop me. I just assumed it was illegal.

Back
Top Bottom