• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Man shot in Agawam road rage incident

Good little back & forth racist comments there. I have to say NES is quite civil comparatively to the rest of social media out there.

I see the mistake. When you get of the car you are supposed to immediately pull your firearm and yell obscenities...the Honda would have driven off.

Pure comedic gold here. I have seen this soap opera before!

Chris

He says that the driver of a silver or gold Honda was testing the brakes, and the victim, a 27 year-old man from Agawam, was behind had tried several times to pass, but the Honda would not allow it.

why did the victim get out of his car? no reason to shoot a guy but still, did he think they were going to have a good friendly chat?

- - - Updated - - -

Pure comedic gold here. I have seen this soap opera before!

Chris

I do this often when someone tailgates me for no reason. never give an inch

When I was younger, twenty something, I had a woman pass me on the right on route 9, single lane area. Next stop light I got out and screamed at her "If there was a damn bicyclist in the breakdown lane you would have killed him!" I shouted. I scared the ever living daylights out of her. she was hands 10 and 2, eyes straight forward. lololol. I'm way too old for that horseshit now.

Ok, here is again the million dollar question about legalities. So I am stupid enough to get out of the car and get shot. The shooter then turns around and gets into his car to drive away. I pull my gun and shoot him, because he shot me.
Bang ... I land in jail for murder ... right ?

Ok, here is again the million dollar question about legalities. So I am stupid enough to get out of the car and get shot. The shooter then turns around and gets into his car to drive away. I pull my gun and shoot him, because he shot me.
Bang ... I land in jail for murder ... right ?

In theory, yes, because he was no longer a threat. Of course, a good lawyer would argue that you thought he was reloading or getting another weapon and coming back at you, and it was still self defense. If the lawyer is good enough, you might get away with it (especially considering you got shot first). But the prosecutor is going to say that you escalated it by getting out of your car. Regardless, if you shoot out the guy's back window as he is driving away, you're headed straight from the hospital to jail, and it might take some doing to get you out.

Bottom line, don't get out of the car. The car is mightier than the gun, every time.

Last edited:
In theory, yes, because he was no longer a threat. Of course, a good lawyer would argue that you thought he was reloading or getting another weapon and coming back at you, but if you shot out his back window as he was driving away, you're probably headed straight from the hospital to jail.

Bottom line, don't get out of the car. The car is mightier than the gun, every time.
Amen to that, brother

Anyone know the name of the victim? They didn't list it in the article. Trying to figure out if its someone that our oldest graduated with. If I was going to get out of my car in that situation (after midnight) you can bet my gun would be in my hand because its suicide to do otherwise these days with little regard these punks have for life. Its not like the old days where you could expect to have fistfight or something. Hope this kid learned the value of having a LTC after this incident...

Anyone know the name of the victim? They didn't list it in the article. Trying to figure out if its someone that our oldest graduated with. If I was going to get out of my car in that situation (after midnight) you can bet my gun would be in my hand because its suicide to do otherwise these days with little regard these punks have for life. Its not like the old days where you could expect to have fistfight or something. Hope this kid learned the value of having a LTC after this incident...
Hopefully the kid learned the idiocy of getting out of the car! What would an LTC have done? He gets out of the car, it's past midnight, it's a road rage scenario, and he now pulls out his legally possessed desert eagle and what, drills the guy? Stay in your car, use your cell phone, call 911 or call Santa Clause, but if you think it's your job to get out of your car and confront this fool, then you deserve what's coming your way.

You would be completely retarded to exit your vehicle in a road rager case, unless you had no other choice for some bizarre reason. Run over the bastard, drive away, even damaging your car in the process is all 1000X cheaper than the deluge of turds you will face if you got out of the car with that gun.

-Mike

1. Read article comments
2. Agree that Maria Rodriquez should be sterilized, or drowned immidiately, which ever is more convienent.

You would be completely retarded to exit your vehicle in a road rager case, unless you had no other choice for some bizarre reason. Run over the bastard, drive away, even damaging your car in the process is all 1000X cheaper than the deluge of turds you will face if you got out of the car with that gun.

-Mike

Like I said "if I was going to get out", not saying that would be my go to move. All I'm saying is that I wouldn't wait for some scumbag to get the drop on me, "if" I felt the need to get out. I agree with you though that getting out is not the smartest move unless you were unable to go around them for some reason.

All I'm saying is that I wouldn't wait for some scumbag to get the drop on me, "if" I felt the need to get out.

"Felt the need to get out" is the phrase that scares me.

A lot of people are going to "feel the need" to respond when some guy has been driving like an *******, and is now out of his car yelling at you or challenging you. They're going to "feel the need" to stand up to the guy, to prove they were right, to admonish the other guy for being wrong, to defend themselves and their honor (or defend their car, if the guy is out there kicking at your headlights, as has happened to me in the past).

You have to overcome that feeling and do what you know is the smart thing to do (driving away), even if it doesn't "feel" right.

Back
Top Bottom