• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Man shot gun into the ground in failed vape deal in Melrose

Buck F

NES Member
Interestingly, they didn't mention any unlicensed firearms possession charges

Man allegedly shot gun into ground in failed vape deal at Melrose Whole Foods - The Boston Globe

A North Andover man was arraigned Monday on charges he allegedly fired a gun after a drug deal involving illegal THC vape pods went awry in a parking lot of a Melrose Whole Foods, authorities said.

Police said Eric Marklis, 37, went to the supermarket parking on Main Street Friday night with the intent to sell the vape pods to two male juveniles. The juveniles tried to flee without paying, and Marklis chased them, officials said. Marklis allegedly shot a round into the ground and demanded one of the juveniles get back into a car.

Police went to the Main Street scene shortly before 8:43 p.m. Friday for a report of gun shots and a report of a car chasing the person. At the scene, investigators found Marklis in the driver’s side of a vehicle with a passenger who was a male juvenile.

Marklis was allegedly in possession of marijuana including in the form of THC vape pods, rolled joints and edibles, as well as a 9mm handgun.

On Monday, Marklis was arraigned in Malden District Court on charges of assault with a dangerous weapon, armed kidnapping, possession with intent to distribute a class D substance and discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a dwelling, authorities said.

“The officers involved in this case did a tremendous job in preventing this situation from escalating further with a suspect whose behavior was clearly unpredictable within close proximity to this busy shopping center,” Melrose Police Chief Michael Lyle said in a statement. “I’m grateful nobody was injured as a result of this incident.”

But just be a legal firearm owner with a so called post ban standard cap 30 rd mag and see what charges and fines you get hit with. I'll bet the punishment is a lot more than what this guy got.

Interestingly, they didn't mention any unlicensed firearms possession charges

Man allegedly shot gun into ground in failed vape deal at Melrose Whole Foods - The Boston Globe

A North Andover man was arraigned Monday on charges he allegedly fired a gun after a drug deal involving illegal THC vape pods went awry in a parking lot of a Melrose Whole Foods, authorities said.

Police said Eric Marklis, 37, went to the supermarket parking on Main Street Friday night with the intent to sell the vape pods to two male juveniles. The juveniles tried to flee without paying, and Marklis chased them, officials said. Marklis allegedly shot a round into the ground and demanded one of the juveniles get back into a car.

Police went to the Main Street scene shortly before 8:43 p.m. Friday for a report of gun shots and a report of a car chasing the person. At the scene, investigators found Marklis in the driver’s side of a vehicle with a passenger who was a male juvenile.

Marklis was allegedly in possession of marijuana including in the form of THC vape pods, rolled joints and edibles, as well as a 9mm handgun.

On Monday, Marklis was arraigned in Malden District Court on charges of assault with a dangerous weapon, armed kidnapping, possession with intent to distribute a class D substance and discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a dwelling, authorities said.

“The officers involved in this case did a tremendous job in preventing this situation from escalating further with a suspect whose behavior was clearly unpredictable within close proximity to this busy shopping center,” Melrose Police Chief Michael Lyle said in a statement. “I’m grateful nobody was injured as a result of this incident.”
No illegal firearms possession charges may mean he was licensed.......WAS!

For those who use vape devices just drive to NH stock up and be done with it can't be that difficult to figure out.

This was for THC vaping products. While that's decriminalized in NH, it is still not technically legal for sale like it can be in MA. Just not a crime for possession, granted you don't have a lot of it.

But I hear you about NH for regular vaping products. Hit them up two weekends ago when the news broke.

No illegal firearms possession charges may mean he was licensed.......WAS!

It also might mean that they f***ed up part of the arrest and couldn't charge him with that... [rofl] or just bad reporting....

-Mike

Only licensed persons carry while engaging in shady deals at grocery store parking lots and trafficking controlled substances. Duh.

But just be a legal firearm owner with a so called post ban standard cap 30 rd mag and see what charges and fines you get hit with. I'll bet the punishment is a lot more than what this guy got.

Lots of people have those in MA (sometimes unknowingly) whether maura healy or whoever likes it or not. Most of those people though probably aren't running around firing guns into the ground though and attracting undue attention to themselves...

-Mike

For those who use vape devices just drive to NH stock up and be done with it can't be that difficult to figure out.
This was for THC vaping products. While that's decriminalized in NH, it is still not technically legal for sale like it can be in MA. Just not a crime for possession, granted you don't have a lot of it.

But I hear you about NH for regular vaping products. Hit them up two weekends ago when the news broke.

This is Charlie Faker's fault. Unilaterally bans both tobacco and weed vapes under the guise of health (even though we all know full well it's because MA is butthurt about its loss in cigarette tax revenue). And this damn state has hamstrung the legal weed market so severely that the black market for weed is better in every single way (quality, cost, time). What an inept stooge. Sad!

This is Charlie Faker's fault. Unilaterally bans both tobacco and weed vapes under the guise of health (even though we all know full well it's because MA is butthurt about its loss in cigarette tax revenue). And this damn state has hamstrung the legal weed market so severely that the black market for weed is better in every single way (quality, cost, time). What an inept stooge. Sad!
If the state house passes a bill that taxes vape products watch how fast bakers ban gets reversed lol

If the state house passes a bill that taxes vape products watch how fast bakers ban gets reversed lol

I'm guessing that would basically get engineered to happen simultaneously, thats all that bullshit is anyways is a setup for a revenue grab. Too bad it will end up putting most of the
MA vape shops out of business by the time it happens.

-Mike

I guess some people would rather risk arrest and also getting shot, rather than make a short trip up to beautiful NH. Melrose huh... so that should be less than an hour to reach some parts of NH. Yeah, too much effort.

Not that it matters any... the government has little interest in pursuing actual thugs, apparently. $200 bail, lol. If I accidentally cross the border into MA while carrying, and get caught, I'm totally screwed... way more than a $200 inconvenience.

I guess some people would rather risk arrest and also getting shot, rather than make a short trip up to beautiful NH. Melrose huh... so that should be less than an hour to reach some parts of NH. Yeah, too much effort.

Not that it matters any... the government has little interest in pursuing actual thugs, apparently. $200 bail, lol. If I accidentally cross the border into MA while carrying, and get caught, I'm totally screwed... way more than a $200 inconvenience.

To play devil's advocate, are you saying people should drive two hours round trip to NH to steal from vape stores? The reason this guy "fired into the ground" is because the customers were trying to leave without paying. And the potential thieves weren't hit with $200 bail, the seller was. It doesn't sound like they were charged with anything, so I'm sure they called someone else later that night to get their weed.

To play devil's advocate, are you saying people should drive two hours round trip to NH to steal from vape stores? The reason this guy "fired into the ground" is because the customers were trying to leave without paying. And the potential thieves weren't hit with $200 bail, the seller was. It doesn't sound like they were charged with anything, so I'm sure they called someone else later that night to get their weed.

No, they can drive to NH to do a legitimate buy.

Dont conflate 50 state legal nicotine based vape products with black market thc vape products being sold in a parking lot to underage buyers

Lots of people have those in MA (sometimes unknowingly) whether maura healy or whoever likes it or not. Most of those people though probably aren't running around firing guns into the ground though and attracting undue attention to themselves...

-Mike
This…..

Please remember if you have a class A LTC, and are going out in public acting like an idiot which is going to result in an interaction with a LEO, leave all high cap mags at home.

This…..

Please remember if you have a class A LTC, and are going out in public acting like an idiot which is going to result in an interaction with a LEO, leave all high cap mags at home.

Or maybe just don't go out in public instead....

I think you all are missing the point. Kids, just smoke weed like normal people.... Its a lot easier than trying to steal vape pods from a sketchy dude in a supermarket parking lot...

Back
Top Bottom