• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Man shoots tv then takes aim at wife

While the internet is abuzz with conspiracy theories as to why Bristol Palin remains on Dancing With The Stars, a Wisconsin man took matters into his own hands and shot his TV with a shotgun, then held his wife hostage for 11 hours while the local SWAT team waited patiently. The incident ended peaceably.

67 year old Stephen Cowan, of a small town 15 miles west of Madison, Wisconsin became so enraged over Palin's performance and continued stay on DWTS that he took matters into his own hands, and blew up his TV with a shotgun. He said he was fed up with politics, and was upset that the daughter of a political figure was on the show, and that she couldn't dance.

Cowan then turned the gun on his wife, beginning an 11 hour standoff with the local SWAT team. He finally surrendered to authorities who promptly carted him off to the pokey. No one was injured in the melee, except the TV, of course. Cowan was charged with second degree reckless endangerment(of his wife, not the TV) and could face 10 years in prison, if convicted. His wife did let it slip that he had been drinking, and is Bi Polar. Bail has been set at $1500, according to The Madison Press.

Frankly, Cowan is not alone in his train of thought. The internet is rife with complaints that Palin is still on the show, while others with more grace and talent have been sent packing. It is obvious to anyone who has watched a Palin performance on the show, she is not the most talented nor the most graceful of the contestants. She and her partner have placed in the bottom of the scoring numerous times, but what is keeping her in the running is her(and her mother's?) fan base.
This is cause for the blogosphere to run rampant with charges that the contest is fixed. Not so, says Reuters, who explain how the judging is done, and it has a lot to do with the fans, not just the judge's tally.

Cowan is probably back home by now, or out shopping for a TV. The question remains, was he justified in blowing his TV to smithereens?

1- who gives a ... abt some dance show, who's keeping track anyway...
2- that guy is a nut case and $1500 is way too low
3- see #1

Any guy that has been forced to sit through that show could certainly sympathize with the guy. He obviously couldn't stand it anymore![laugh] If they want to convict him, they will have to dismiss all of the male jurors![wink]

That reminds me of this client who keeps calling the call center I work in. After he's done with whatever he wants to do on his account he starts talking to the rep about DWTS. Unfortunately our policies prohibit us from telling him to STFU and that we don't care. Clearly people are being brainwashed by that show.

I have a few "takes" on the show, which I've watched a few times to preserve "domestic tranquility."

My first question when it's on is, "Which one is the 'star'?" I'm supermarket tabloid challenged. If I flip through those magazines, I have no clue who are in 90% of the photos.

The way to tell which is the star is to watch which one stands still (or lies on the floor) for 75% of the routine.

with charges that the contest is fixed.
This is funny. If there wasn't a public vote, the winners would be chosen by the lame bunch of whack-a-doodle judges. Who are those stooges? This is the weirdest "appeal to authority" argument I've ever heard. The judges have their favorites (who can do no wrong). The people who waste their money to call in a vote disagree.

Btw, Bristol Palin is the only non-professional stage person left in the show. It's weird when there are stars who have danced professionally competing with non-entertainers. Bristol seems to be a pleasant, hard-working young woman. She's improved a lot in technique and confidence.

My prediction is that the aging movie star dancer will be the final winner.

I have a few "takes" on the show, which I've watched a few times to preserve "domestic tranquility."

My first question when it's on is, "Which one is the 'star'?" I'm supermarket tabloid challenged. If I flip through those magazines, I have no clue who are in 90% of the photos.

The way to tell which is the star is to watch which one stands still (or lies on the floor) for 75% of the routine.

This is funny. If there wasn't a public vote, the winners would be chosen by the lame bunch of whack-a-doodle judges. Who are those stooges? This is the weirdest "appeal to authority" argument I've ever heard. The judges have their favorites (who can do no wrong). The people who waste their money to call in a vote disagree.

Btw, Bristol Palin is the only non-professional stage person left in the show. It's weird when there are stars who have danced professionally competing with non-entertainers. Bristol seems to be a pleasant, hard-working young woman. She's improved a lot in technique and confidence.

My prediction is that the aging movie star dancer will be the final winner.

Sure sounds like you've watched it more than a "few" times. [laugh]

Concerning. [hmmm]

[smile][wink][laugh]

He's right. [thinking]
She can't dance. [laugh]

...so it really is a conspiracy... [wink] [frown] [hmmm] [rolleyes]

She's easy on the eyes though.

alg_bristol_palin.jpg

Back
Top Bottom