Man Shoots at Bear in West Hartford.

B.S if they charge him with anything he was protecting his and his dogs life guy is a hero in my eyes....that's all in theroy with the little experince I have with black bears in mass they are more like deer then anything but I wasn't there and wasn't around that bear!

'Police are looking into if he can be charged...'
there is your problem folks. Doesn't matter what gun, car, skateboarding too loud. Was there a victim?

B.S if they charge him with anything he was protecting his and his dogs life guy is a hero in my eyes....that's all in theroy with the little experince I have with black bears in mass they are more like deer then anything but I wasn't there and wasn't around that bear!
If only there had been more Democrats in CT to write better gun/self defense laws... [rofl2] [wink]

They will start with Firearms are not allowed on MDC Property and go from there.

Chris Stone, an assistant counsel with the MDC, said guns are not permitted on its property.

In local news reports I read, and then viewed on TV, they started with "Dog Not Leashed" in an area where leashes are mandated. It went on to suggest, the dog was the agressor.
And it ended with "horrified" area residents exclaiming their distasted and fear of people with guns in the park.

In local news reports I read, and then viewed on TV, they started with "Dog Not Leashed" in an area where leashes are mandated. It went on to suggest, the dog was the agressor.
And it ended with "horrified" area residents exclaiming their distasted and fear of people with guns in the park.

Should we laugh or cry? Or just move to NH.

There are things that I cannot tell you about shooting aggressive bears.

For the most part bears aren't that aggressive but when they do get aggressive they are formidable.

Come on up! We need more pro-2A people up here...the water's getting infested here with sharks

They will start with Firearms are not allowed on MDC Property and go from there.

Its going nowhere. There is nothing in CT statutes that says he can't have a gun there.
The relevant statute is 29-28(e)

The issuance of any permit to carry a pistol or revolver does not thereby authorize the possession or carrying of a pistol or revolver in any premises where the possession or carrying of a pistol or revolver is otherwise prohibited by law or is prohibited by the person who owns or exercises control over such premises.

The problem is that in order for this to have any legal relevance the person using the property must have been informed that this was the policy of the person/group who controls the property. i.e. the guy had to have been notified either by a conspicuous sign when he entered, verbally, or as part of something he signed with that rule on it.

Here's the reality. Take it from a long time CT resident who now is also a resident of MA. One of the many differences between the two states is that while a cop may arrest you for something stupid in CT, the prosecutors seem to know enough to drop the cases when the law does not support the arrest. Thats not usually the case in MA.

Back
Top Bottom