Man ran out of South End parking lot holding a gun, another guy got out his gun and shot the man dead

Yuppies like the status of living in the city, whether it be South boston, East boston, Charlestown, North End, Beacon hill. It doesn't matter it's a status thing. Then they have kids, realize they can't park anywhere, and it's a complete hell hole in the winter with snow, all of a sudden they're moving to Andover or Weston

The South End and "Southie" are not the same place. Never ask someone from Southie if they are from the South End you will be schooled properly if you do.
I know that. as I wrote, her condo was in south Boston not the south end. and neither she nor her kids can say that they are from southie.

Neither was Columbia Point in the old days. Nor South Bay for that matter.
South Bay is still a sh!thole. Worked in one of the new Condo buildings there huge rent money and there's a brew pub everyone raves about around the corner. Plenty of scumbags lurking there too wouldn't venture there at night. Huge money to live in a place where they piss in the garage stairwell and you can't go out at night without the 3d Marine Division to accompany you for protection.

I know that place. Yeah, South Bay is no South Boston, but the police shifted the district boundaries to "even out" crime stats so some of what is considered South Boston for police purposes really isn't.

South Bay is still a sh!thole. Worked in one of the new Condo buildings there huge rent money and there's a brew pub everyone raves about around the corner. Plenty of scumbags lurking there too wouldn't venture there at night. Huge money to live in a place where they piss in the garage stairwell and you can't go out at night without the 3d Marine Division to accompany you for protection.

One of my nephews and his wife bought a condo at M and 6th (I think). They loved living in Southie form 2008 until about 2013 or so. Once their first daughter was old enough to start school, they bailed and bought in Andover.

Not that I blame them. Most of the people I worked with who grew up in Boston either sent their kids to Parochial Schools or moved out of the city.

Boston has always, at least during the years I worked there, had sharp divisions between good areas and dangerous areas. If you didn't know where they were you could get in trouble pretty quickly.

I drove someone to buy crack in Boston once lol. A friend lived in dorchester off blue hill ave near mattapan. His neighbor was a really nice guy, looked like he played for the Celtics (he was about 6’7”). We pulled in one day and he asked if we could give him a ride down the street to see a buddy for a second. I’m in high school at the time and said no problem. We drive down blue hill ave 5 or 6 streets and he says take this right. I take it and he says there’s my buddy, pull over. I pull over and he buys crack and we go back to my friends house and his neighbor says thanks and goes home. I’m a kid from the burbs at the time, had no clue that was going to happen until he was literally buying the crack.

I never thought Boston was remotely close to as dangerous of some suggest. The shootings and such when I was going in there were never consistent like Chicago, they were sporadic. I had another friend in there by heath street, super nice kid who was never into anything. He was friends with some gang members though because they grew up together ask kids. He was walking home of the bus with one gang member one day and some rival gang tried to take him out. My friend was shot 7 times, nothing fatal though. They were all to the legs and arms and obviously a small caliber.

The South End is a specific neighborhood in Boston. Anyone who worked or lived in Boston for any length of time can tell you where it is. West Dedham runs next to the Cathedral projects. The reason it's called the Cathedral Projects is because there is a Cathedral in the middle of the projects. Which, again if you know anything about Boston, is common in the public housing projects in Boston.

In this case, the Cathedral is the "Cathedral of the Holy Cross" and is the seat of the Archdiocese of Boston and where the Cardinal lives.

Since you're from NH, no one cares if you know what it is or not.
Be that as it may, anyone, especially in ‘the media’ who is referring to places in this manner, should have failed out of college freshmen year. It’s just piss poor geography. There was no indication whether this was south side Chicago or south side LA. f***ing retards, I have zero tolerance for such poor writing skills, especially from some loser who allegedly graduated from a college. Your acceptance of such low standards makes you part of...actually, the, problem.

I thought we (NH rednecks) were supposed to be the ‘un-edjumucated rednecks’ with no book learning???? I’d expect better reporting from a sub 20/hr McDonald’s janitor....who’s first language is not English. Really.

Boston is dangerous on a smaller scale, but mainly because it's a smaller city. Orchard Park was dangerous, Annunciation Road, Columbia Point. Most of the projects, but it's spread to other areas.

I drove someone to buy crack in Boston once lol. A friend lived in dorchester off blue hill ave near mattapan. His neighbor was a really nice guy, looked like he played for the Celtics (he was about 6’7”). We pulled in one day and he asked if we could give him a ride down the street to see a buddy for a second. I’m in high school at the time and said no problem. We drive down blue hill ave 5 or 6 streets and he says take this right. I take it and he says there’s my buddy, pull over. I pull over and he buys crack and we go back to my friends house and his neighbor says thanks and goes home. I’m a kid from the burbs at the time, had no clue that was going to happen until he was literally buying the crack.

I never thought Boston was remotely close to as dangerous of some suggest. The shootings and such when I was going in there were never consistent like Chicago, they were sporadic. I had another friend in there by heath street, super nice kid who was never into anything. He was friends with some gang members though because they grew up together ask kids. He was walking home of the bus with one gang member one day and some rival gang tried to take him out. My friend was shot 7 times, nothing fatal though. They were all to the legs and arms and obviously a small caliber.

I never thought Boston was remotely close to as dangerous of some suggest.
It is one of the few places in Massachusetts that you can shoot at night!

Enough of geography lessons for a city I'll never go to.

What was the reason for the shoot?

Regardless of the reason, good or bad, the shooter needs to be euthanized just for wearing a fanny pack.

There are some very dangerous sections in Boston. Much of that is related to the time of day and what you are doing. Other parts are places you don't want to be at any time unless you have to be.

I never thought Boston was remotely close to as dangerous of some suggest.
It is one of the few places in Massachusetts that you can shoot at night!

Southie != South End
Not true

"Southie" South Boston
Southie.jpg

The South End
SouthEnd.jpg

The South End and "Southie" are not the same place. Never ask someone from Southie if they are from the South End you will be schooled properly if you do.
True dat. I work with someone who grew up and still lives in Southie and he takes great offense if someone refers to Southie as the South End.

Last edited:
I take it this in mass?? Nobody there has half a brain so ‘south end’ is good enough of a location. South end of a Hefner?? South end of my sack?? WTF.
WTF?

The link to Universal Hub shows Boston -> South End and names the project and Street and gives the street number?

6CCDCF68-07FA-43E6-957F-022076567C18.jpeg

Seems like an easy conviction. Not sure what the question is here.

ETA, given the suspect left his car running to just jump out and shoot the guy it seems like they could have tried for 1st degree murder. Also says victim was gang banger so I would guess they both are.

“In the graphic video, the victim can be seen walking past the suspect who then turns around and fires two rounds into the back of the victim who then falls to the ground.”

“It was basically an execution” – Man Killed in South End Villa Projects Overnight
If they're both gang, then the shooter will be out in 3-5 yrs.

If shooter was an upstanding citizen defending himself from some gang initiation ritual (wrong time/wrong place), life without parole.

Last edited:
Yuppies like the status of living in the city, whether it be South boston, East boston, Charlestown, North End, Beacon hill. It doesn't matter it's a status thing. Then they have kids, realize they can't park anywhere, and it's a complete hell hole in the winter with snow, all of a sudden they're moving to Andover or Weston
If you are a young single guy you are nuts not to live in Boston. The dating options are limitless.

In our experience they don’t head to those towns: thry head to Braintree, Dedham if dad works in the city, or developing towns out on 495 like Franklin if not. Our block has eight families with kids: four work nearby, two work remotely, and two commute outbound.

What drives families with children out of Boston is the schools. School busing has been a complete disaster. If you are lucky and diligent, there are some great options like the exam schools and the Charters. Middle class families split for the ‘burbs. What is left are low-income families who don’t have a choice, or high income families that have private and parochial school options to prep for Boston Latin, go to BB&N, etc.

Had lunch once with Mumbles (via a charity fundraiser) in 2008. We brought up these challenges for families with children, and the fact that even San Francisco had a higher percentage of families with children than Boston.

He said he was taking care of it…..

If you think Wu has been successful getting rid of the Methadone Mile crowd, try using the bathroom at Target. You will not return.

When my nephew was a young, single guy he lived in an apartment complex off of VFW Parkway. Obviously, he was unclear on the concept.

Busing was the savior of the parochial schools in Boston. No wonder Cardinal Cushing was in favor of it.

In other not related news, Mayor Wu is considering several waivers to the residency ordinance, including for EMS hires. At least that's what I'm told.

If you are a young single guy you are nuts not to live in Boston. The dating options are limitless.

In our experience they don’t head to those towns: thry head to Braintree, Dedham if dad works in the city, or developing towns out on 495 like Franklin if not. Our block has eight families with kids: four work nearby, two work remotely, and two commute outbound.

What drives families with children out of Boston is the schools. School busing has been a complete disaster. If you are lucky and diligent, there are some great options like the exam schools and the Charters. Middle class families split for the ‘burbs. What is left are low-income families who don’t have a choice, or high income families that have private and parochial school options to prep for Boston Latin, go to BB&N, etc.

Had lunch once with Mumbles (via a charity fundraiser) in 2008. We brought up these challenges for families with children, and the fact that even San Francisco had a higher percentage of families with children than Boston.

He said he was taking care of it…..

Back
Top Bottom