• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Man opens fire inside Oklahoma restaurant before 'armed citizen' shoots, kills him, police say

Not sure if serious.

If the BG still has a gun in his hand and has just shot someone, he's still a threat. I don't think that even in MA a DA would succeed in "selling" that. Plus there might be
aggravating factors, like the guy might have still had a gun in his hand, etc. This doesn't sound like the guy went into the restauraunt, shot two people, holstered his gun and
strolled out of the restauraunt... [laugh]

-Mike

No, I get what you're saying. I agree he was probably still a threat. More info. would be great.

But the mentality in this state is that even the hero would be considered guilty until proven innocent. I do believe that to be true here. Maybe a DA here wouldn't be successful in selling it, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't try.

No, I get what you're saying. I agree he was probably still a threat. More info. would be great.

But the mentality in this state is that even the hero would be considered guilty until proven innocent. I do believe that to be true here. Maybe a DA here wouldn't be successful in selling it, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't try.

If there's one thing that should be abundantly clear to anybody who's been paying attention for the last couple of years ....... is that there are no depths of stupidity and/or insanity that left wing anti gun nuts won't stoop to.

It would not surprise me AT ALL , if there was a situation where a guy had just shot up a restaurant in MA - ran out the front door still waving the gun around and shooting randomly at people - and then got shot dead by an armed citizen - that said citizen would then get jammed up by "the law" in this state.

Maura Healey demonstrated quite clearly that "the law" in this state - is whatever they think it is on any given day.

Yet...

CNN definitely won’t cover this.

Yeah, it's gone now. Someone realized the story didn't fit the narrative

Does not fit CNN narrative of news. Now back to Trump headlines.

Another story that will be summarily ignored by the LSM

I need to point this out.

I dislike CNN too, but complaining about them based on a provably incorrect assumption is silly. They didn’t summarily ignore it. And incidents like this have a short news cycle. It was gone from Fox News just as quickly too. Arguing that they still should be headlining this is pushing a narrative much in the same manner as you are complaining about.

Yet...

I dislike CNN too, but complaining about them based on a provably incorrect assumption is silly. They didn’t summarily ignore it. And incidents like this have a short news cycle. It was gone from Fox News just as quickly too. Arguing that they still should be headlining this is pushing a narrative much in the same manner as you are complaining about.
Didn't last long. Quickly replaced by #metoo and more Russian fairytales

Foxnews is anti-gun. Don't trust their crap either

I don’t. It’s often touted here by people as a contrast or opposite to CNN, which is why I mentioned it. In any case, it dropped off the news cycle just as quickly everywhere other than local media. The point remains the same.

I don’t. It’s often touted here by people as a contrast or opposite to CNN, which is why I mentioned it. In any case, it dropped off the news cycle just as quickly everywhere other than local media. The point remains the same.
True. It did drop off rather quickly.

Fox News leans right. No doubts. But as an avid watcher of their their programming, I can tell you that outside of a few of their hosts and contributors, they are not 2A friendly.

NRA hails 'good guys' who took out Oklahoma shooter as police look for motive behind 'random' attack

The National Rifle Association is hailing the two armed citizens who took out a shooter at a restaurant in Oklahoma City as “another example of how the best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun,” as police continued Friday to search for a motive in the “random” attack.

Oklahoma City Police on Friday identified the attacker as 28-year-old Alexander Tilghman, who fired a handgun into Louie's On The Lake Thursday. He struck a 39-year-old woman and two young girls before being shot dead by two bystanders outside who were able to make it to their vehicles amid the chaos to retrieve their guns.

“An #ArmedCitizen saved multiple lives last night in #OKC,” the NRA posted Friday on Twitter. “We hope this serves as a wake-up call for @GovMaryFallin, who just two weeks ago vetoed a constitutional carry bill. Just another example of how the best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. #2A”

Continues:

NRA hails 'good guys' who took out Oklahoma shooter as police look for motive behind 'random' attack

Not sure if serious.

If the BG still has a gun in his hand and has just shot someone, he's still a threat. I don't think that even in MA a DA would succeed in "selling" that. Plus there might be
aggravating factors, like the guy might have still had a gun in his hand, etc. This doesn't sound like the guy went into the restauraunt, shot two people, holstered his gun and
strolled out of the restauraunt... [laugh]

-Mike
I know he's a threat, you know he's a threat any sane person knows he's a threat. To the 3 million ******** that rule the roost in Ma. he's just a distraught human being that needs a hug.

Media doesn’t usually report it, but there are defensive uses of firearms that save lives every day. Dead criminals aren’t nearly as interesting and don’t sell nearly as well as dead victims.

I got more blasts in the ass when I mentioned DGUs (defensive gun uses ) on Twitter than any other phrase. Seriously .it's loaded into bots which will vilify you. Try it.

Yet...

Zero of the 10 extremely vocal anti gun nuts I work with in Portland even KNEW about this today . ZERO. They start yapping at me within 15 minutes of shootings which fit the effing narrative .

The first one I chatted to didn't believe me and then said it was BS when he found the article onCNN.

2 civilians rushed to their cars to get their guns before fatally shooting Oklahoma City restaurant gunman

"Matthews said that because the men were not carrying their weapons on them, conceal carry laws would not be applicable in the case. He did not disclose any information about whether or not they had such licenses, and said that it would be up to the district attorney to decide if they face any charges for their actions, but hinted that he does not expect a case to be brought against them."

I don't even no which stupidity I should quote from this article....

The truth about the Oklahoma shooting that conservatives and the NRA can’t stop talking about

After the shooting stopped, Benton said he emerged from behind the car he had ducked behind and saw that the civilian had “taken [the alleged gunman] down,” but noticed the police were also pulling into the lot at that same moment.

“There was a lot of confusion for the police officer just trying to figure out who’s who, and what happened here,” he recalled. “So a friend and I just walked over and said, ‘No these three guys’ (by then there was a third guy who had come), and said, ‘No, these three guys were here to help,’ and just make sure the police were OK with that.”

While the armed bystander certainly deserves applause, the situation could have become worse, had the police responding to the incident mistaken the civilian for the alleged shooter.

Research discounts the “good guy with a gun” theory. A study by the National Bureau of Economic Research showed that allowing state residents to conceal carry firearms actually increases violent crime in the tenth year after laws are enacted. And research released by the FBI in 2014 found that more often, active shooter incidents were ended by unarmed citizens than armed citizens.

On Friday, for example, one day after the Oklahoma City incident, a shooting at a middle school in Noblesville, Indiana was averted after the shooter was allegedly disarmed by a teacher who “was able to swat the gun away,

The truth about the Oklahoma shooting that conservatives and the NRA can’t stop talking about

After the shooting stopped, Benton said he emerged from behind the car he had ducked behind and saw that the civilian had “taken [the alleged gunman] down,” but noticed the police were also pulling into the lot at that same moment.

“There was a lot of confusion for the police officer just trying to figure out who’s who, and what happened here,” he recalled. “So a friend and I just walked over and said, ‘No these three guys’ (by then there was a third guy who had come), and said, ‘No, these three guys were here to help,’ and just make sure the police were OK with that.”

While the armed bystander certainly deserves applause, the situation could have become worse, had the police responding to the incident mistaken the civilian for the alleged shooter.

Research discounts the “good guy with a gun” theory. A study by the National Bureau of Economic Research showed that allowing state residents to conceal carry firearms actually increases violent crime in the tenth year after laws are enacted. And research released by the FBI in 2014 found that more often, active shooter incidents were ended by unarmed citizens than armed citizens.

On Friday, for example, one day after the Oklahoma City incident, a shooting at a middle school in Noblesville, Indiana was averted after the shooter was allegedly disarmed by a teacher who “was able to swat the gun away,
This just reinforces the fact that right to bear means keep your guns on your person. Probably would have ended much sooner. Certainly well within the 3-4 minute police response time

Yeah, it's gone now. Someone realized the story didn't fit the narrative

It's still on CNN but you have to click on U.S.

The CNN article says a witness said the shooter and samaritans exchanged gunfire.

Then, Benton told KFOR, he saw a car circle back after exiting Louie's parking lot.
"A guy jumped out of it and went for the back of his vehicle. I just assumed maybe it was an off-duty officer or something like that," he said. "It was just the way he moved, whoever it was. He just appeared to be somebody who had some training, some weapon training."
Benton pointed the man toward the suspect, he recalled.
"They were like, 'Stop! Stop! Stop! Please! Put the gun down! Please put the gun down!' And I was pointing at him, I was like, 'Down! Put it down! Put it down!' and they wound up exchanging fire," Benton told KFOR.
The gunman, he said, wouldn't drop his weapon.
"I popped my head up, and they had taken him down," Benton said.

So the gunman entered the restaurant, shot two people injuring them, turned around and left and was then shot by an armed citizen outside the restaurant...

That is how I understand this went down...

"A man walked into the Louie’s restaurant and opened fire with a gun. Two people were shot. One person has been taken to a hospital with serious injuries. A bystander with a pistol confronted the shooter outside the restaurant and fatally shot him."

In Mass I believe the armed citizen would be arrested as the incident appeared to be over as the gunman entered the restaurant and in his mind completed his task then turned and left and was outside when he was shot and killed.. Oklahoma might be different. But I think in Mass the armed citizen gets jammed up.

Not in a case this public. Mass doesn't want to make a martyr of a gun owner.

It does sound like the bystander started driving away then turned around and got out to get his gun. That might not technically be legal in Mass, but I think they wouldn't touch a hero that makes the national news.

WMUR had a report on this from their national network feed. I was shocked that the network admitted it happened.

Not in a case this public. Mass doesn't want to make a martyr of a gun owner.

It does sound like the bystander started driving away then turned around and got out to get his gun. That might not technically be legal in Mass, but I think they wouldn't touch a hero that makes the national news.

another article I linked said two guys actually got their guns. Had to run to their cars and get them. Something about a restrictive conceal carry law....

Well Deval Patrick did describe 9/11 as " a failure of human understanding". Anything is possible in Massachusetts.

If Deval Patrick looked into a mirror, he could accurately describe his reflection as a "failure of human".......and he probably wouldn't undertand it either.

Yet...

Yes it is pushing a narrative.......the difference is IT IS THE CORRECT, LOGICAL AND TRUE NARRATIVE THAT SHOULD BE TOUTED EVERY TIME SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPENS.

Unlike the complete bullshit anti gun rights narratives that usually dominate the leftist news cycles in one form or another every day of the week.

I would favor that incidents like this one be played out for weeks, 24/7 to push the fact that no matter how much the anti gun crowd whines and cries about guns, that good, righteous, responsible people are still going to defend themselves and their neighbor's with guns no matter what.

After being shot 3 times!

Incidents like this have a short news cycle because the grieving family of the ne'er-do-well and the funeral of the above legal age criminal is not newsworthy.

As to MA - I doubt the state would prosecute if the issue was as obvious as this one, but woe to the defender who thought those Glock mags with notches on both sides would not be a problem. The problem would be with the expense and hassle of the "process" ... until the investigation is complete, any non-LE party to a shooting is treated as a "suspect" and subject to loss of gun rights, confiscation, need to hire a mouthpiece, etc. The guy who took out the stabber at MGH was in this state of legal limbo for something like 6 months, and he was "LEO light" (Boston rule 400 housing cop).

From the article in post # 52:
Funny thing, you never hear the media talking about how things could be worse if an off duty cop is mistaken for a bad guy. By their logic, cops should be armed only when in uniform.

It did get reasonable airplay, which was nice, but the coverage has been dwarfed by the “hero” narrative of Jason Seaman, the UNarmed teacher who stopped the Indiana middle school shooting this week.

A very heroic thing, taking three rounds and tackling the shooter anyway, and deserving of good coverage. But I’m sure it helps that Seaman fits the narrative better.

From the article in post # 52:

Funny thing, you never hear the media talking about how things could be worse if an off duty cop is mistaken for a bad guy. By their logic, cops should be armed only when in uniform.

We've heard that very same 'logic' by many members here too. Maybe worse, people have used that logic as a reason why they wouldn't do anything.

Back
Top Bottom