• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Man kills self at Dicks Sporting Goods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lt. Henry Ward says the man had been involved in a standoff with Middletown officers in 2002.

So he was probably carrying illegally. Is this action covered by 2a? This is why crazy people shouldn't be allowed guns. When you become crazy you lose that right. You forfeit the right when you become a nut, or mentally ill. You can't drive blind, so you shouldn't carry crazy.

Ans definitely makes us all look bad, not what we needed.

Lt. Henry Ward says the man had been involved in a standoff with Middletown officers in 2002.

So he was probably carrying illegally. Is this action covered by 2a? This is why crazy people shouldn't be allowed guns. When you become crazy you lose that right. You forfeit the right when you become a nut, or mentally ill. You can't drive blind, so you shouldn't carry crazy.

You're right.

A law definitely would have prevented this from happening.

Let's just make a law right now saying you can't hold up a store or kill yourself.

That'll fix it.

Get yourself some shotgun shells!
He was just trying to follow Biden's advice...he just didn't wanna pay. Mentally unstable at it's finest here, very unfortunate. If anything it puts a check in the mental illness column and not the gun problem column though, but that's only because of how it ended.

Wow. You really need to go back to the nuthouse that you escaped from and stop pretending you support the 2A.

Just to be 'fair and balanced'. it would be nice if the media ran four million stories about people walking into sporting goods shops and buying shotgun shells and walking out.

I'm surprised it wasn't edited to:

Authorities say he entered Dick's Sporting Goods in Fairless Hills after 7 p.m. Saturday and asked to see a military style fully auto assault rifle and imploding upon impact ammunition. McCarpy pulled out another military style fully auto assault rifle - later found to be loaded with ultra killy exploding bullets - and ordered the worker to undo the military style fully auto assault rifles gun lock. He then barricaded himself inside a bathroom.

Why would someone want to commit suicide at Dick's of all places? If I decided to blow my brains out, I'd go somewhere nice, like a good restaurant and wait until after dessert.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm surprised it wasn't edited to:

Authorities say he entered Dick's Sporting Goods in Fairless Hills after 7 p.m. Saturday and asked to see a military style fully auto assault rifle and imploding upon impact ammunition. McCarpy pulled out another military style fully auto assault rifle - later found to be loaded with ultra killy exploding bullets - and ordered the worker to undo the military style fully auto assault rifles gun lock. He then barricaded himself inside a bathroom.

Unpossible. We all know Dick's doesn't sell those anymore.

And, they'll probably close this Dick's Sporting Goods. No loss as we're all boycotting them for being dicks anyway right?

Sounds like he did the whole murder/suicide thing correctly. He did the suicide part first, so his family was spared. He wanted notoriety so he did it publicly.

It sucks for the poor folks at Dick's who A. had to be part of it and B. have to deal with the aftermath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom