• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Man injured in bow hunting accident Wales Massachusetts

HorizontalHunter

NES Member
How does someone "get shot with the arrow"? My guess is that he was out hunting in the rain we had yesterday and he slipped and fell sticking himself.

Yup. Either that or there was a tree stand involved. Barry Kriger was on this morning with a promo for a story on Ch. 22 tonight about "How to keep yourself safe during the shotgun season for deer..." Here's hoping they don't paint us all as drunken yahoos, but I'm not betting on it.

Yup. Either that or there was a tree stand involved. Barry Kriger was on this morning with a promo for a story on Ch. 22 tonight about "How to keep yourself safe during the shotgun season for deer..." Here's hoping they don't paint us all as drunken yahoos, but I'm not betting on it.
Unfortunately, there were at least four hunters shot during the 2009 MA shotgun season. Two on the Vineyard, one on Nantucket, and one in southeastern MA. I don't think any of the shooters were drunk; whether or not they were yahoos is a different question.

Hunters have shot other hunters during bow season. It is rare, but it has happened.

Seeing as 22News is an NBC affilate station, (read commie democrat loving jack wagons) I forsee them painting hunters as bumbling olfs for sure.

Yet I still watch the station for my local news and well most of the anchors are...ummm....well hot.[smile]

Yet I still watch the station for my local news and well most of the anchors are...ummm....well hot.[smile]

One of the girls on there is a former Miss Massachusetts. I haven't seen the channel lately so she may no longer be with them.

I've stuck myself in the calf with a broad head, not deep but having an unprotected head out is always has the potential to cut

Sgt. Popovics said that the man was shot with the arrow, but the incident "appears to be an accident, but is still under investigation."

Apparently he was shot but it was an accident.

50 year old man walking out of the woods with a friend. I bet one of them was using a crossbow on a handicap permit and had it cocked and loaded and didnt handle it safely.

I miss the last weather gal.

Bob

Sherri Spears. I think her husband (active duty Marine) was transfered to a new duty station thats why she left.

One of the girls on there is a former Miss Massachusetts. I haven't seen the channel lately so she may no longer be with them.

She is still on the air, Jackie Bruno. Does the nightly and weekend field reports I believe.

Unfortunately, there were at least four hunters shot during the 2009 MA shotgun season. Two on the Vineyard, one on Nantucket, and one in southeastern MA. I don't think any of the shooters were drunk; whether or not they were yahoos is a different question.

Hunters have shot other hunters during bow season. It is rare, but it has happened.

If I remember correctly one of the ones who got shot was a member here. Although I dont remember who.

Jackie Bruno.

Like a piñata: repeatedly until something breaks.

MA.jpg

If I remember correctly one of the ones who got shot was a member here. Although I dont remember who.

Yeah, that was me. I was shot in the starboard side of my head.
It went in at my temple and came out the back of my skull. Im lucky to be alive despite the lingering after effects.
Ive been called a few choice names in my day but never a drunk or yahoo.

Yeah, that was me. I was shot in the starboard side of my head.
It went in at my temple and came out the back of my skull. Im lucky to be alive despite the lingering after effects.
Ive been called a few choice names in my day but never a drunk or yahoo.
Sorry, I should have clarified that the possible yahoo was the guy who shot you, not you.

So this happened out in my neck of the woods and rumor going around is that it was an older guy in his 70's that shot the guy he was taking a dump in the woods and the shooter saw the white t.p. and shot at it . Now disclaimer this is only the scuttlebutt going around and I probably should not be spreading rumors but thats the word I have heard from a few people.

... Now disclaimer this is only the scuttlebutt going around and I probably should not be spreading rumors but thats the word I have heard from a few people.

ouch. That's some scary sh*t. Can vision testing for licensees be too far off?

So this happened out in my neck of the woods and rumor going around is that it was an older guy in his 70's that shot the guy he was taking a dump in the woods and the shooter saw the white t.p. and shot at it . Now disclaimer this is only the scuttlebutt going around and I probably should not be spreading rumors but thats the word I have heard from a few people.

Close to the versions I heard over the weekend. Reportedly it was a father who shot his son. Some stories have him seeing a flash of white (thermals is what I heard), others say he heard a rustling noise. Story is that he was hit in an artery and that a third party (some say girlfriend) applied a tourniquet that most likely saved him. And to clarify what the T&G reported the name of the road is Tiderman, not Titteman.

Close to the versions I heard over the weekend. Reportedly it was a father who shot his son. Some stories have him seeing a flash of white (thermals is what I heard), others say he heard a rustling noise. Story is that he was hit in an artery and that a third party (some say girlfriend) applied a tourniquet that most likely saved him.
Goodness, gracious. Identify your target, for goodness sakes!

I never use white toilet paper during the shotgun and black powder season for that reason. I never ever thought that this could happen during the archery season. Holy crap.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom